PDA

View Full Version : Questions: Laguna/Logan and DOM

theriviera
03-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Hi,
We saw the Laguna and Logan SR35s at BRU this weekend and they are really nice. People seem to really like the Laguna - does anyone have experience with the Logan? My concern is that the black would be hot.

Also - is BRU the only retailer that carries these patterns?

Another question - what is a reasonable DOM? The Laguna had a December 2010 DOM (DD2 is due end of May) and the Logan was October. Lots of other seats had DOM in the summer of 2010. We may have another kid or 2 so I would like to get as much use of the seat as possible. Should I hold out for something made in 2011?

Thanks!

Joolsplus2
03-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Laguna turns over much faster, you could probably find a 2011 if you look at all the boxes. Logan doesn't have a matching stroller in BRU stores ($299 Graco Signature online only, I think, at least at my low-end store...), so it just sits there languishing and getting older. I think they'd be about equal on the 'cool' scale in summer, possibly Laguna might be cooler, though, because of the lighter plastic? Probably won't really matter too much if you like the color of the Logan better.

theriviera
03-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks Jools! I like both of the patterns equally so I'll just look for the one with the latest DOM.

Blackbird711
03-28-2011, 01:50 PM
We just ordered a Snugride 35 from Amazon (from the seller Giggle) in the flint/grey and it arrived with a DOM of November 2009 :( I think it's a color that's been around for a few years, but I do recall seeing one on display at buy buy baby a few months ago so I don't think it's like they stopped manufacturing them and are just selling off the old stock.

DS is due in May... I think we have 5 or 6 years until a car seat expires, but should I be worried? I can always call Amazon or Giggle and complain I guess but don't want to make a big stink unless there is an actual issue...

Sorry to usurp the thread...

Joolsplus2
03-28-2011, 02:02 PM
6 years for Graco infant seats, so it won't expire till 11/2015. Did you get a really good deal on it? If you paid full price, complain. If you got it at a bargain, consider it a decent deal and don't worry.

Blackbird711
03-28-2011, 02:25 PM
We paid full price... so I don't have a problem calling them up to complain. The worst that can happen is they'll tell me "too bad," but the best that can happen is that I'll get a seat that will last longer.

Thanks for the advice! It's our first and so everything related to safety freaks us out just a little bit...