PDA

View Full Version : Bjorn travel crib- need a deal!

elektra
03-28-2011, 01:10 PM
If anyone comes across a good deal on a Baby Bjorn travel crib, please let me know!
I am hoping to get one below $200. :)

MrsE
03-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Not sure if the Phil & Ted crib is comparable for you but if so, check gilt.com. There's one style on sale for $99.

mackmama
03-28-2011, 02:02 PM
If anyone comes across a good deal on a Baby Bjorn travel crib, please let me know!
I am hoping to get one below $200. :)

:yeahthat: Me too! I am also looking for one - I will let you know if I find a deal. :)

kaharris83
03-28-2011, 02:15 PM
We tried both the Bjorn travel crib and the Phil & Ted's and didn't like either. We got the GoCrib and LOVE it!! REI was having a sale where you could get $50 off the GoCrib, that would make it $200.

When I bought the Bjorn Travel Crib I picked it up at Kohls.com when they were having a 30% off code and you got $10 Kohl's cash for every $50 you spent. I think it was $175-185, can't remember exactly.

ZeeBaby
03-28-2011, 02:22 PM
We have the Phil and Ted's. Costco had it on sale last year for $80 and it was a great deal. We used it for a two week vacation and DD2 slept in it pretty well. I don't think it had much longevity though, but it was so compact and we had so much other stuff that it was perfect for our trip.

mackmama
03-28-2011, 02:28 PM
We tried both the Bjorn travel crib and the Phil & Ted's and didn't like either. We got the GoCrib and LOVE it!! REI was having a sale where you could get $50 off the GoCrib, that would make it $200.

When I bought the Bjorn Travel Crib I picked it up at Kohls.com when they were having a 30% off code and you got $10 Kohl's cash for every $50 you spent. I think it was $175-185, can't remember exactly.

I'd love to know what you loved about the the GoCrib versus the Bjorn/P+T's. I'm new to portable cribs so any additional info is much appreciated! :)

pastrygirl
03-28-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm tempted by the Gilt deal, but hesitating because of the reviews. We really only need it for traveling to one location, which we might not even go to this year. Thinking, thinking...

kaharris83
03-28-2011, 02:46 PM
I'd love to know what you loved about the the GoCrib versus the Bjorn/P+T's. I'm new to portable cribs so any additional info is much appreciated! :)

The P&T I was convinced would collapse on DS while he was sleeping. He's a mover and it just seemed very, very unsturdy. We paid $130 for it and I certainly didn't think it was $130 quality. I also didn't like that the mattress is tucked inside the bottom of the crib fabric, so there's no way to put a sheet over it. The bottom of the crib made a lot of noise and I was afraid that would wake DS up. We didn't actually use it so my fears could have been unfounded, to me it just didn't seem that good.

The Bjorn crib was nice, but we are frequent fliers, DS will be going on his 7th and 8th flights next week, with 9-12 already scheduled before he's a year in July. It was so large it would have had to be checked and when I already paid almost $200 for it I wasn't thrilled about another $20-30 everytime we flew. I know a lot of people on the board really, really love it. I'm sure it's a great crib if you aren't planning to fly a lot with it, or don't care about paying to check it.

The GoCrib has been perfect for us. It collapses into a backpack, which we carry on the airplane with us. And the fact that it's a backpack makes it easy to take through the airport. It is lightweight and can be moved all over once it's set up. It's easy to set up and takes just a few minutes. It's very sturdy. DS sleeps great in it. We've been very pleased with it and I recommend it to everyone. I think when it's set up it's the same size as the Bjorn crib. I would guess they will last the same amount of time before they are outgrown.

lowrioh
03-29-2011, 11:25 AM
If you are a Kohls CC holder they have 30% off coupon and Kohls Cash going on now. With free shipping too.
If you count the KC as $$ off it would be $177.
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/onlineexclusives/baby/babygear/playards/PRD~555136/BabyBjorn+Travel+Crib.jsp

ETA: you could also call and try to price match to Target which has them for $280 and then apply the 30% code. That would bring it down to $196 and you would still get $30 in Kohls cash so a net to $166.
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/182-9838798-1864156?asin=B000XDYLEK&AFID=Froogle_df&LNM=|B000XDYLEK&CPNG=home&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=B000XDYLEK&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

Bed Bath and Beyond and Babies R Us also have then at $280 so if the Kohls rep won't PM Target because it is an "online only" item you can try them.
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?sku=15051736&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=shopping
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2924917&CAWELAID=107524634

mackmama
03-29-2011, 11:38 AM
The P&T I was convinced would collapse on DS while he was sleeping. He's a mover and it just seemed very, very unsturdy. We paid $130 for it and I certainly didn't think it was $130 quality. I also didn't like that the mattress is tucked inside the bottom of the crib fabric, so there's no way to put a sheet over it. The bottom of the crib made a lot of noise and I was afraid that would wake DS up. We didn't actually use it so my fears could have been unfounded, to me it just didn't seem that good.

The Bjorn crib was nice, but we are frequent fliers, DS will be going on his 7th and 8th flights next week, with 9-12 already scheduled before he's a year in July. It was so large it would have had to be checked and when I already paid almost $200 for it I wasn't thrilled about another $20-30 everytime we flew. I know a lot of people on the board really, really love it. I'm sure it's a great crib if you aren't planning to fly a lot with it, or don't care about paying to check it.

The GoCrib has been perfect for us. It collapses into a backpack, which we carry on the airplane with us. And the fact that it's a backpack makes it easy to take through the airport. It is lightweight and can be moved all over once it's set up. It's easy to set up and takes just a few minutes. It's very sturdy. DS sleeps great in it. We've been very pleased with it and I recommend it to everyone. I think when it's set up it's the same size as the Bjorn crib. I would guess they will last the same amount of time before they are outgrown.

Thanks so much for this review. It sounds like the GoCrib might suit us best. I just wish the mattress was thicker. Since we'd be using it in a hotel, I don't really like the idea that LO will be so close to the carpet in terms of allergies, cleanliness etc - especially with the open netting of the GoCrib. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

janine
03-29-2011, 11:53 AM
You got some great advice on deals. We have the Bjorn crib..only used it a handful of times at a summer house. It is very convenient (easy to put together / take down) and nice appearance both opened up and put away. The thing I don't like and seems an issue with ALL travel cribs/PNP's is the skimpy mattress - and so close to the floor.