PDA

View Full Version : Snacks for after sports games that end at meal times

connor_mommy
03-28-2011, 01:51 PM
DS#1 is playing baseball. There are some games that end right before lunch on weekends and the weekday games end at about 6:15pm. I'm looking for snack suggestions for games that end at meal times. One parent bought and XXL pizza for the boys. I don't mind my boys getting a small square for a snack to tide them over while I cook dinner. But they kept whining for more last week and I kept saying no. The games start at 5:00, but they have to be there at 4:30, so I know that most or all of the kids haven't had dinner yet. I don't want to fill them up on pizza if their parents plan on having them eat lunch or dinner right after the game. What's healthy and not filling, but exciting for the kids to snack on?

avd3875
03-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Last soccer season we had one 11:00 game. The snack mom that week brought hot dogs for after the game. They were cooked, placed in a bun, and wrapped in foil. They were stored in insulated bag so they were still warm after the game. She also had ketchup, mustard, bags of chips, and juice boxes. The boys were thrilled! Definitely a lot more work than the juice boxes, cuties and mini muffins I had brought earlier in the season! However, I thought it was great that DS had lunch so when we got home he could just shower and play. If I had to give him lunch when we got home it would have been much later than usual and he would have been in quite a mood.

HTH

infomama
03-28-2011, 02:16 PM
I'm thinking chicken caesar wraps.