PDA

View Full Version : What to Keep, Sell, Buy

mrspeachykeen
03-28-2011, 10:57 PM
I recently won a B-ready. I have a Teutonia with bassinet and a BJCM. I really only need 2 of these strollers.

Teutonia - I love the Teut, but it isn't the smallest or lightest and is similar to the B-ready. I have a bassinet for it as well, but wonder how much I'll use it with the second since my first will be around 2 at the time (if all goes as planned)

BJCM - I don't love the BJCM. Its only great feature is the fold, but otherwise there are many things that annoy me about it - basket is a PITA to access, seat is slouchy, sits low. Everyone raves about this stroller, but recently I've left it in the garage and I haul around the huge, heavy Teut since I like is so much more. If I sell this I need get another lightweight stroller that is good for travel(should be able to use with a car seat) since we travel a lot.

B-Ready - Green new in box since it came today. I do plan on having another baby in the next year or so. Having a stroller that can be a double is great. I would need to buy the second seat and the car seat adapter, but that isn't a big deal. I love bassinets, but the bassinet/second seat configuration doesn't look ideal so I probably wouldn't get it.

What do I keep, sell and buy? I am leaning towards selling both the Teut and the BJCM, but don't know what lightweight travel stroller that I'd buy. I considered the Peg Si before and found a 2010 for super cheap on Albeebaby. I am almost scared though that if I sell, DH will decide we don't need anything else.

Kaylee31
03-28-2011, 11:08 PM
I think you should sell the Teutonia & BJCM too. No sense keeping them, if you're not crazy about either and they don't get a lot of use. The new Cybexes are fairly lightweight and can take a carseat. The Callisto takes a carrycot too.
http://cybex-online.com/site/us/pushchairs.html

crl
03-28-2011, 11:28 PM
I think you should sell the Teutonia & BJCM too. No sense keeping them, if you're not crazy about either and they don't get a lot of use. The new Cybexes are fairly lightweight and can take a carseat. The Callisto takes a carrycot too.
http://cybex-online.com/site/us/pushchairs.html

:yeahthat:

I'd look at the bumbleride flite for a travel stroller. It also takes a carry cot and is lighter than the Callisto. I haven't ever had one, just something I would check out.

Catherine

Edensmum
03-28-2011, 11:46 PM
Or the Flyer, it has the reversable handle that would be good for small babe.

drcarpiodds
03-29-2011, 12:10 AM
Keep the B Ready - it has a lot of capabilities.

I would keep the BJCM too just for tight spaces - one of the weaknesses of the b-ready is it's width, so the BJCM would help for quick outings in tight spaces.

Enjoy your new stroller!

rin
03-29-2011, 12:21 AM
Keep the B-ready, sell the other two, and look at the Cybex line, which I think all take car seats. The Onyx in particular seems like a great travel stroller! (I've never had one, but just based on reviews).

If you don't care as much about the car seat feature, the Uppababy G-luxe or the Maclaren Triumph are also great travel strollers.

mrspeachykeen
03-29-2011, 09:10 AM
Keep the B-ready, sell the other two, and look at the Cybex line, which I think all take car seats. The Onyx in particular seems like a great travel stroller! (I've never had one, but just based on reviews).

If you don't care as much about the car seat feature, the Uppababy G-luxe or the Maclaren Triumph are also great travel strollers.

I thought Cybex's only take their own car seat and not other brands. I have a graco infant seat.

Kaylee31
03-29-2011, 12:02 PM
I thought Cybex's only take their own car seat and not other brands. I have a graco infant seat.

All of the 2011 cybexes will take a Graco w/the adapter. Here's the compatibility list.
http://www.regallager.com/cybex/icsa/

purpelina
03-29-2011, 12:44 PM
I would keep what you love and see yourself using, and merciless sell what you don't like.
Plus, even though there are plenty of people in love with bjcm, you don't have to be one! It also doesn't mean that you "don't understand" its greatness, it only means this is not the right stroller for you. With so many other options out there, I'd say get something else instead!