PDA

View Full Version : Recommend your Target make-up

PMJ
03-29-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm not a big make-up wearer... maybe at special occasions, going out for dinner, but barely even that!! Maybe in 1 month, might do the whole face 3-4 times.

Thus, don't want to spend a lot of $ on this, but was recently motivated by OrgJunkie. I'd like to get rid of the old and bring in the new..

Please recommend your make-up that you get from Target.

Thanks!

LMPC
03-29-2011, 09:27 AM
I don't wear that much and I only wear it to work (2 days a week) and maybe if I am going out on a special occasion. I wear Sonia Kashuk powder and foundation (is it still called that?). I wear good ol' Mabelline mascara. I do wear higher end stuff on my lips, but that's about it!

wellyes
03-29-2011, 09:32 AM
I just saw my Target carries Boots which is supposed to be an excellent brand.

I wear mostly dept store stuff but I have a deep love for my ubercheap Wet & Wild mascara - the lengthening one - it is absolutely perfect for a natural/subtle look.

TwoBees
03-29-2011, 09:42 AM
The new Maybelline NatureLux isn't bad. L'oreal True Match is really nice for moderate coverage. A lot of people like the Neutrogena tinted moisturizer, and Cover Girl tinted moisturizer gets really good reviews if you can find a color match.

I live by Maybelline Full and Soft Mascara.

Revlon has superb lipsticks and glosses.

Sonia Kashuk has nice makeup brushes.

Say Yes to Cucumbers makeup removing cloths are really really nice.

If you aren't sure what colors will work for you, I recommend buying the makeup at a Rite Aid or CVS or another store that has a 100% makeup satisfaction policy so you can return/exchange colors that you don't like or don't match your skintone. Target will not accept returns on opened makeup.

artvandalay
03-29-2011, 09:46 AM
I buy lots of makeup..high end and drugstore. Kind of an obsession :bag:

What exactly are you looking for? What is your skin like?

Sonia Kashuk makeup brushes are pretty good. I especially like the highlighter/skunk brush and the blending brush. Ecotools have lovely brushes as well. Target carries them. Get nice brushes... it makes a big difference.

Foundation: Boots No 7 Perfect and L'oreal Magic Souffle. I also like Physician's Formula SPF 50 Healthy Wear (bright orange compact)..that would be better for oilier skin. Foundation comes with trail & error, though. It's hard to pick foundation for someone.

Blush: Jane (the one in the round circle) and N.Y.C. mosaics

Bronzer: N.Y.C. Mosaics - make sure you have a decent brush if you're going to use bronzer

Mascara: I love Maybelline Full N Soft. Covergirl Lashblash is a second. THis kind of depends on whether you need voume or length, though

Lips: Revlon has really nice lipglosses. I don't wear lipstick but I love gloss.

I can't find a drugstore eyeliner that I like, so I always go high end there

Eyeshadow: I don't like Sonia Kashuk, Revlon or Almay eyeshadow. I always find them chalky and not very pigmented. Maybelline Stylish Smokes is probably the best drugstore eyeshadow you can find at Target:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/177-4503924-6487205?asin=B002LFLTPW&AFID=Froogle_df&LNM=|B002LFLTPW&CPNG=&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=B002LFLTPW&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

if you want your eyeshadow to stay you may want to try an eyeshadow primer. L'oreal makes one.

I am probably forgetting a bunch of stuff but need to run my kiddo to school...

Twoboos
03-29-2011, 09:47 AM
If you aren't sure what colors will work for you, I recommend buying the makeup at a Rite Aid or CVS or another store that has a 100% makeup satisfaction policy so you can return/exchange colors that you don't like or don't match your skintone. Target will not accept returns on opened makeup.

:yeahthat: I always forget this and am stuck w/makeup I don't like.

I LOVE my CoverGirl Lash Blast Fusion mascara (purple tube).

TwoBees
03-29-2011, 09:50 AM
I buy lots of makeup..high end and drugstore. Kind of an obsession :bag:

Sonia Kashuk makeup brushes are pretty good. I especially like the highlighter/skunk brush and the blending brush. Ecotools have lovely brushes as well. Target carries them. Get nice brushes... it makes a big difference.

Mascara: I love Maybelline Full N Soft. Covergirl Lashblash is a second. THis kind of depends on whether you need voume or length, though

Lips: Revlon has really nice lipglosses. I don't wear lipstick but I love gloss.

I can't find a drugstore eyeliner that I like, so I always go high end there

LOL, we are totally on the same page! I used to buy lots more, then I had a kid. Hehe. Revlon and Almay eyeliners are not bad. Sephora's is really good, and not as expensive as mid to high end. But it comes in limited colors.

kms00
03-29-2011, 09:54 AM
I like the Sonia Kashuk tinted moisturizer, the Neutrogena brightening undereye concealer in the clicky tube, the Boots cream eyeshadows in the little tube. I agree the Revlon lipglosses and lipsticks are good. I use the Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara in the purple tube. I buy all my makeup at Target these days since I am always there.

AshleyAnn
03-29-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm also an infrequent makeup wearer so I buy the real cheap stuff for most of it. I tried buying good makeup once and I kept it waaaayyyy longer than you are supposed to because I like I had to because of the cost.

I'm still hunting for a foundation that works well on my olive skin so I'm not help there
Powder: Stay Matte by Rimmel
Concealer: NYC
Blush: Rimmel or NYC
Eyeshadow: E.L.F. or NYC
Mascara: NYC Curling
Lipgloss: E.L.F.
I use powder to line my eyes. I never seem to have much luck with pencils.

artvandalay
03-29-2011, 01:13 PM
LOL, we are totally on the same page! I used to buy lots more, then I had a kid. Hehe. Revlon and Almay eyeliners are not bad. Sephora's is really good, and not as expensive as mid to high end. But it comes in limited colors.

:rotflmao:that's funny! Yeah, I've cut way back on my habit since my baby was born. I still like to browse around Sephora when I have free time.

I've never tried Sephora's liners. Most ds liners smudge on me, so I just stick with Urban Decay or Bobbi Brown. Next time I"m in there I'll try a liner.

Oh, I just remembered another drugstore item I like: Revlon Age something or other concealer in the red tube. It's great for under eye.. and it has SPF.

Twoboos
03-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Oh, I just remembered another drugstore item I like: Revlon Age something or other concealer in the red tube. It's great for under eye.. and it has SPF.

Thank you, I will be looking into this one!! I have been meaning to ask about favorite concealers.

lhafer
03-29-2011, 01:20 PM
I try to buy Neutrogena powdered base and blush. Then I just get the colors of eyeshadow I like. I like Maybalene (sp?) mascara. I also usually end up getting Neutrogena lip stick as well.