PDA

View Full Version : We survived dentist!!

snowbunnies300
03-29-2011, 09:54 AM
DS1 is combative when it comes to anyone wanting to do anything in his mouth! We needed to pull teeth as his adult ones were coming up behind the baby teeth and those darn little baby teeth were refusing to come out on their own!

Yesterday we went to Children's and he was sedated and had 8 teeth pulled. They found one cavity between two back teeth and then they sealed 4 molars. He did so well with everything. We didn't have to wait in the waiting room. Once we check in they brought us back to one of the recovery rooms. He got into his hospital PJ's there and they brought in a Veggie Tales video for him to watch (they asked his favorite). He got to watch videos until it was time to be sedated. He walked to to room and layed down on the bed no problem. He liked watching the nurse blow bubbles and allowed the mask over his face. He went to sleep just fine. They even brought me back to the first recovery room so that if he woke up he would see me and be calm (parents normally don't get to go into the first recovery room). In the past he has been combative once he has woken up from sedation. He did growl at me a few times while waking up and shortly after getting into the second recovery room (he can't talk). Again he got to watch video until they released him.

Once home he was dancing round the kitchen/livingroom watching video or listening to music. It was such a relief that he was in good spirits!! We sent him to school is AM as he seemed like his normal self. I know if I had 8 teeth pulled I could be a roaring bear. We thank God for being with us during this procedure.

JTsMom
03-29-2011, 10:52 AM
Congratulations on getting through it! :cheerleader1: I know how much I dread any kind of procedure like that, and it's always such a relief to be able to put it behind you.

elliput
03-29-2011, 12:53 PM
:boogie: Wonderful! I'm glad everyone had such a positive experience.