PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom cabinets: is this tacky? Pics included!

PMJ
03-29-2011, 04:36 PM
I have a TON of toiletries. Here is a list of what I've got: (Each line is in its own basket or container)

1 general basket w/every day items (deodorant, lotion etc)
Nail polish / remover / etc
Cotton balls / cutips / tweezers
Body lotions
Face stuff
Body scrubs / Bath gels
Hair care
Contacts / sol'n
Travel size lotions, gels, hand sanitizer etc
Hair pins / rubber bands etc
Massage oils
Make-up
Night-time stuff: eye cream, lip gloss, floss (all of which I don't really use!!) OOPS

1st Picture:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1dd08b3127ccefcefa5e1f02500000030O00BctGjZqxcsQ e3nwE/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

2nd Picture:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1dd08b3127ccefceedc8590a900000030O00BctGjZqxcsQ e3nwE/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Please tell me, does this look tacky? (The fact that there are so many containers and all differ sizes?) Right now, it is a little messier than usual, b/c DD got into some stuff. :)

I appreciate your input. Many thanks !
This is my first post w/pictures. :)

SnuggleBuggles
03-29-2011, 04:44 PM
If it works for you then that's what matters. Could it be neater and prettier? Sure. It's not tacky. It just doesn't look like fresh out of Martha Stewart, Pottery Barn or Real Simple. :) I think that your medicine cabinet is how most people, myself included, live though.

Beth

vludmilla
03-29-2011, 09:01 PM
If it works for you then that's what matters. Could it be neater and prettier? Sure. It's not tacky. It just doesn't look like fresh out of Martha Stewart, Pottery Barn or Real Simple. :) I think that your medicine cabinet is how most people, myself included, live though.

Beth

:yeahthat: I wouldn't worry about it unless it really bothers you. It is hardly ever even seen what with the closing doors.

ashleybama24
03-29-2011, 09:11 PM
The OCD part of me stressed a little when I saw the photos. But if it works for you and you know where everything is located then who cares if it looks messy. Mine looks like that until it drives me crazy and I organize. I like knowing all my hair stuff is on the top shelf, makeup on the bottom etc so that it at least feels categorized. I would go through and toss anything that you don't use or that has expired....you will be amazed at how much you don't use or need!

DrSally
03-29-2011, 09:18 PM
I don't think it looks "tacky". Who cares, it's behind doors, right? If you had more symmetrical containers, you could store more, though. I use those white steralite containers, and they slide easily off the shelf.