PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have Levi's 526 slim cut jeans?

DrSally
03-29-2011, 09:10 PM
Does anyone have Levi's 526 slender bootcut jeans?
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/jeans1/bootcut/midrise/PRD~622341/Levis+526+Slender+Bootcut+Jeans.jsp

They have a lower mid-rise, 2 buttons and a wide waistband (holds you in, but not too high of a rise), slim legs and a bootcut. I tried them on at Kohl's today and man, were they slimming! I think the slim legs and bootcut made them look slimming.

If you have them, do you find they stretch out alot? I've had that issue with Lees.

Also, the smaller buttons were annoying, b/c it was hard to get buttoned/unbuttoned. Also, the back pockets seemed small and the flaps annoying.

I know that seems like a lot of issues, but the overall look was nice. Also, they don't come in short or petite, so I'd either have to wear with heels or hem. So, I want to make sure that they won't bag out if I'm going to go to all that trouble.

liamsmom
04-04-2011, 12:23 PM
I have the 525 in bootcut. They did stretch out on me, but I'm not sure if that's the fault of the jean, or because I tend to go a size up when I'm trying on clothes. The bigger size feels more comfortable and seems like the prudent choice when I'm in the dressing room. Then I wear the jeans (cause this has happened to me with other brands :duh:) and they sort of fill out on their own and I then have jeans that are a little too big for me.

I just bought the 526s last week. (Mine had the single button.) And I finally chose the smaller size. So far, so good, but it's only been a few days. I can PM you if I notice any significant changes. I agree that I think these jeans look good, slimming, and I love the elastic waist on the inside!

TamiRuns
04-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Within the past 2 months I've bought 2 pairs of the 525's:
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/jeans1/bootcut/midrise/PRD~539264/Levis+525+Perfect+Waist+Bootcut+Jeans.jsp

and the 529's:
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/jeans1/bootcut/lowrise/PRD~495025/Levis+529+Curvy+Bootcut+Jeans.jsp

So far I haven't noticed that they stretched out at all. This was a big concern for me since I "sized up" (I swear, I haven't gained weight) and they fit perfect - as in, if they stretched at all, they wouldn't be flattering but I wanted them to be comfortable (so I sized up).

I also love the wide waistband. So nice to have jeans fit my waist!

Oh, just remembered, Kohls has an awesome return policy. You could always return the jeans if they stretch out.

DrSally
04-04-2011, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the reviews, guys! I really like the perfect waist on the 525's in bootcut, but the 526's looked even better on me! They are not "skinny" jeans, but they are more of a slim cut, which I'm finding is flattering (rather than looser thighs). The mid-rise and wide waistband is great. I ordered them online with the 30% off and FS, total about $25. Tami, you're right, I can always return if they don't fit right, although I feel weird about returning something I already wore.

Liamsmom, I always go a little "tight" when I buy jeans, b/c they always seem to stretch out. That's what they say to do on WNTW, also. Oh, the other thing I learned is to try not to put jeans in the dryer, b/c they shrink up and stretch out even more.