PDA

View Full Version : Doggie Doodoo on DS1's shoe

ashleybama24
03-29-2011, 09:13 PM
So my toddler was running through the yard tonight while DH was grilling and came tracking what looked like mud through the kitchen. Turns out it wasn't mud and now one of his shoes is caked with dog poop. We have already rinsed his shoe and gotten all the visible mess off but what can I do to further clean/disinfect? To make matters worse these are sandals from Stride Rite (brand new) that he wears without socks....

LMPC
03-29-2011, 09:18 PM
I know this is an important post, but your title had me :hysterical: -- "Doggie Doodoo," the words just make me laugh!

Okay, seriously...if you have gotten all of the visible stuff off, I would give it a quick wipe with a clorox cloth or a paper towel with some sort of disinfectant on it. Honestly, I think there are grosser things that we walk through every day and don't know it (reason #543 we do not wear shoes in the house...just a little of my OCD coming out). I wouldn't sweat it if the shoes look clean.

ashleybama24
03-29-2011, 09:34 PM
[QUOTE=LMPC;3091205]I know this is an important post, but your title had me :hysterical: -- "Doggie Doodoo," the words just make me laugh!

QUOTE]

Sometimes in life you just have to laugh it off otherwise you will cry knowing you have not only a shoe to clean but an entire kitchen to sanitize!

LMPC
03-29-2011, 09:37 PM
Sometimes in life you just have to laugh it off otherwise you will cry knowing you have not only a shoe to clean but an entire kitchen to sanitize!

Oh yeah, I know! We have potty trained :wink2: I'm sure doggie doodoo is clean, right? It's everywhere and no one seems to get sick from it. Not like people poopoo anyways. GL with the sanitizing! It'll be over soon!!

twowhat?
03-29-2011, 11:06 PM
BTDT. After brushing off as much of the visibles as possible, I then give the shoe a several-minute soak in Nature's Miracle and then rinse thoroughly, and let dry in full sunlight:)

As for kitchen floor, just swipe it down with Chlorox wipes!

Tondi G
03-30-2011, 12:23 PM
you could wipe the shoe down with a lysol wipe.