PDA

View Full Version : Bridesmaid dress and TTC

09Mom
03-30-2011, 08:56 AM
DH and I are TTC. I have been asked to be MOH for a wedding mid October. I have no idea what to do about ordering a dress. I will know in a few days if this month was successful (all mojo accepted!), but I just have no idea what the situation will be in October. There is no way the dress would look appropriate if I was pregnant...to be honest not pregnant I'm not sure it's appropriate for 40 year olds...

Any BTDT?

tmahanes
03-30-2011, 09:07 AM
The bridal shop usually has ideas about making it a maternity dress or can suggest ones that will work. We ordered extra fabric for my dress in case they needed to alter it.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

wendibird22
03-30-2011, 09:09 AM
When my bro and SIL got married, SIL's sister was not preggo when we picked out dresses but was 7ish mo preggo when the wedding happened. They were able to add a whole panel to the front the dress to accommodate the bump. Thankfully it was empire waist so adding more material to the skirt part was an easy solution.

momtoonegirl
03-30-2011, 09:16 AM
I was a bridesmaid in a wedding when I was pregnant with DD. At the time of the initial order/fitting, we were TTC, so I wasn't pregnant yet. The bride had picked a 2 piece top and long skirt that was somewhat fitted. By the time of the final fitting, I was 9-10 weeks pregnant, so they had enough fabric to let out the skirt about an inch 1/2 that I needed. I believe I told the store at the time of the initial fitting that I may become pregnant, so they ordered extra fabric. Hope this helps :)

AshleyAnn
03-30-2011, 12:44 PM
There is no way the dress would look appropriate if I was pregnant...to be honest not pregnant I'm not sure it's appropriate for 40 year olds...

It doesn't sound like you particularly like the dress pregnant or not is there any chance you could talk the bride into rethinking the dress? I'm MOH in a wedding later this month and my dress is different than the bridesmaids. Its common to see the matron of honor in a slightly more matronly dress. If you can convince her the dress store should be able to direct you to dresses that would be easier to adjust for a baby bump.

Best of luck!!!

infocrazy
03-30-2011, 12:49 PM
It doesn't sound like you particularly like the dress pregnant or not is there any chance you could talk the bride into rethinking the dress? I'm MOH in a wedding later this month and my dress is different than the bridesmaids. Its common to see the matron of honor in a slightly more matronly dress. If you can convince her the dress store should be able to direct you to dresses that would be easier to adjust for a baby bump.

Best of luck!!!

I would just tell the bride the truth. You are TTC and would like to wait to order a dress so that you know what you need. I would also suggest the different MOH dress so that it doesn't matter that you are not ordering with everyone else. Perhaps the two of you can look at other styles from the same designer so that the color can be the same if necessary just a more accomadating style.