PDA

View Full Version : $75 in organic seeds free/AWESOME company/pay $5 shipping

Jo..
03-30-2011, 11:43 AM
This company is wonderful and I've ordered from them several times. All of their seeds are organic and they have many unusual varieties. They are matching all orders with a seed donation to the American Horticultural Society. :love2:

Right now you can get 25 packs of seeds (surprise grab bag) for free, you pay $5 shipping. Which is 20 cents per packet and I love surprises. $75 value!

I encourage everyone to GRAB this!

http://seedsofchangefoods.com/sowingmillions/SOMRules.aspx

DebbieJ
03-30-2011, 11:59 AM
I'm trying but I keep getting an error that my address is invalid. ARGH!

Jo..
03-30-2011, 12:01 PM
they have one field for a street number and a second field for your street name. autofill doesn't recognize the fields and it tripped me up too

DebbieJ
03-30-2011, 12:03 PM
they have one field for a street number and a second field for your street name. autofill doesn't recognize the fields and it tripped me up too

Yes, address #, which would be my house # and Street name, which would be the name of my street.

I live on a numerical street, so that's probably why it won't accept it.

kara97210
03-30-2011, 12:07 PM
Yes, address #, which would be my house # and Street name, which would be the name of my street.

I live on a numerical street, so that's probably why it won't accept it.

I'm getting the same error and also live on a numerical street.

PAfirsttimemom
03-30-2011, 12:09 PM
Worked for me. Thank you! Incentive to finally start our backyard garden.

Jo..
03-30-2011, 12:35 PM
Maybe you can call? Sorry!

ShellBelle
03-30-2011, 12:45 PM
just placed order - thanks for sharing!!

citymama
03-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Just ordered - thanks for the heads up!

camomma
03-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Thanks OP.

jvs195
03-30-2011, 12:57 PM
Thanks, we have a huge patch of weeds we like to call "No Man's Land" that is begging for some life. Not sure what we'll get, but it's a good deal and cause.

DebbieJ
03-30-2011, 01:20 PM
There's no phone #, but I did fill out a Contact Us form. Hopefully they fix it.

elephantmeg
03-30-2011, 01:30 PM
thanks so much!

Jo..
03-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Call Us
http://www.windsorpeak.com/images/pix_dk_green.gif
You can always call 1-888-762-7333 to speak with a Customer Service

HTH

Tenasparkl
03-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Thanks!

sewarsh
03-30-2011, 03:38 PM
Thanks Jo! Excited for them to arrive.

NancyJ_redo
03-30-2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks Jo, just ordered mine :thumbsup:

septmama2b
03-30-2011, 03:53 PM
Thanks OP, makes me look forward to spring. It'll be a fun surprise in the mail.

boltfam
03-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Thanks, OP! We're just starting a garden this year, so this will be a welcome surprise! I can testify to the quality of their seeds. I started my tomatoes indoors, and they all came up!

zoestargrove
03-30-2011, 04:59 PM
so excited! Thank you!

plusbellelavie
03-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Thanks so much for sharing Jo! My DD is super excited for them to arrive so she can start her garden!:bighand:

dylansnan
03-30-2011, 06:23 PM
Wow! This is awesome :D Thanks Jo!

~Cindy

DebbieJ
03-30-2011, 06:25 PM
They must have fixed it cuz I was just able to order mine online. Thanks, Jo!

oneplustwo
03-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Thanks, Jo! Just placed my order and passed the info on to a teacher at my kids' school who coordinates an organic garden there. Can't wait to see what we get.

vludmilla
03-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Thank you for posting this! I hope I can get some containers going with DD with these seeds.

jenstring95
03-30-2011, 10:01 PM
Thanks, OP. I just sent off for these. I DO love a grab bag!!

ThreeofUs
03-30-2011, 10:17 PM
Thanks, Jo!

tropicalmom
03-30-2011, 10:50 PM
Thanks!!

bigpassport
03-31-2011, 12:22 AM
Thanks, OP!

caheinz
03-31-2011, 12:34 AM
Thanks, Jo! Can't wait to see what they send!

Jenn27
03-31-2011, 08:06 AM
Awesome! SO excited. Thanks for posting!!

Melaine
03-31-2011, 08:27 AM
I'm wondering if it would sort of be too late for a lot of planting. At least where I live it is already pretty warm and most people have planted for spring. Maybe some are summer plants?

WolfpackMom
03-31-2011, 08:27 AM
Thanks OP! I ordered some and spread the word to my gardening loving family members!

daisymommy
03-31-2011, 10:10 AM
YEAH!!!:boogie: Love this company! Thanks for saving me a bundle of $$ !

boltfam
03-31-2011, 11:04 AM
I'm wondering if it would sort of be too late for a lot of planting. At least where I live it is already pretty warm and most people have planted for spring. Maybe some are summer plants?

I would imagine that some would be for summer (or even fall) plants. I paid $2.50 for one packet of their seeds, so even if I only use 2 packets, I figure I got my $ worth. I think you could probably save any spring seeds for next year.

BTW: I'm jealous of your warm weather. We have snow forecasted for the weekend.

calv
03-31-2011, 11:11 AM
so it's all a surprise? could be flowers or veggies/fruits or all? :D

lmr1101
03-31-2011, 11:30 AM
I've never planted before but may give it a try with this great deal. It is expected to be about 98 this weekend... so if it's already too hot do you think I can save some of the seeds for a year and plant earlier next year?

Jo..
03-31-2011, 11:33 AM
most seeds remain viable for two to three years. Even longer if your store them in a cool place (fridge, basement)

eta, like a pp pointed out, even if you can only use 2 or 3 packets you come out ahead. But please don't waste the leftover seeds! Pass them on to friends and neighbors or donate them. :)

almostmom
03-31-2011, 11:41 AM
so exciting - just did it. Thanks for the tip!

Smillow
03-31-2011, 12:45 PM
Thanks for posting this OP! I am very curious about what type of seeds they will be. I thought that it was funny that they asked what your plans for the seeds were considering we don't know what we will be getting! Can't wait!

MSWR0319
03-31-2011, 01:34 PM
Thanks!!! I'm not sure what to do with mine yet. I may keep it, as I LOVE gardening but I need to expand my garden as my ideas are already overflowing my space ;) or I will donate them to DH's Rotary Auction and make a little gardening gift pack to help them raise money for the local hospital's newly renovated maternity ward.

edoudera
03-31-2011, 03:02 PM
So I'm wondering, before I order:
When the seeds come, will they be sent in marked packages so you'll know what they are before you plant them?
Or will it be one of those: Plant them and see what comes up?
If anyone gets their package, can you post and let us know what you get?

div_0305
03-31-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm saying this because different plants need different care and planting conditions, so it would seem really counterintuitive to let the grower be surprised so to speak about what grows from the seed. Plus, I HIGHLY doubt Jo would plug this company based on past experience if they followed the surprise you got ?!?!? growing approach :).

Jo..
03-31-2011, 05:20 PM
I would almost guarantee that they will be in individual marked packets with careful planting instructions.

Smillow
03-31-2011, 05:49 PM
So I'm wondering, before I order:
When the seeds come, will they be sent in marked packages so you'll know what they are before you plant them?
Or will it be one of those: Plant them and see what comes up?
If anyone gets their package, can you post and let us know what you get?

Maybe they'll pull a "Secondhand Lions" and just send corn seeds...:ROTFLMAO:

(I am sure they won't!)

mama2g03
03-31-2011, 07:00 PM
Thanks Jo! What a cool program. Can't wait to see what we get.

CharlotteMommy
03-31-2011, 07:43 PM
OK, guys. Dumb question...

How do I get to the sign up page?

The link provided by OP says to click on a link and follow the on screen instructions to fill out a form. Clicking on the link brings me to the homepage, where there is no order form or instructions. When I click on the Sowing Millions link, I am brought to a page which only has a link to contact the company.

What am I missing here? TIA!

Jo..
03-31-2011, 07:46 PM
Ruh roh. Is it over already?

Thank goodness I did not post it on Slickdeals.

Jo..
03-31-2011, 07:52 PM
Sigh.

Some lurker posted it on Slickdeals and killed it. Sorry guys. I was waiting for a few days on purpose, because most of those people will just buy and ebay.

Why Penny???? Rep points? At least wait for a free T shirt!

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=112169&t=2800841

CharlotteMommy
03-31-2011, 08:02 PM
Oh, well. Guess I need to be faster next time. Thanks anyway for posting. Hope you all get some great seeds!

DebbieJ
03-31-2011, 08:05 PM
try this: https://seedsofchangefoods.com/sowingmillions/submitstory.aspx

KpbS
03-31-2011, 08:24 PM
try this: https://seedsofchangefoods.com/sowingmillions/submitstory.aspx

This link worked for me--hopefully the seeds will come! Thanks Jo and DebbieJ.

Jo..
03-31-2011, 08:25 PM
They posted on FB that to overwhelming demand they are out. :(

Thanks for the link Deb.

I won't be posting bargains here anymore. I am sad because this is a smaller company and half of it was for charity. I will pm people with bargains from now on. :(

ciw
03-31-2011, 09:16 PM
Shoot, I'd been meaning to do this all day and finally sat down to do it. If anyone comes across any other seed or plant deals this spring, please post -- or pm me!

Jo..
03-31-2011, 09:32 PM
I have another deal and am pming you! If anyone else wants $25 free from an online retailer specializing in fruit/edibles/ berries, pm me. I'll send you a link. Only people who actually post on the BBB please. (userid required)

sdoyle
03-31-2011, 10:47 PM
Jo,

Please don't stop posting deals! Your name is the one I look for first when I am looking through the bargain board. You and I are shopping soul sisters :love5: - I seem to like all the same things and have a boy and girl the same age as yours. If you really decide to stop.....please add me to your PM list!

Your adoring fan,

Stacy

(PS- thanks for the post- I ordered my seeds this morning and am so excited to see what comes :cheerleader1:)

waver
03-31-2011, 10:51 PM
Dear Jo,
I don't post often (2 little ones running), but wanted to thank you for posting this and other great deals! You have really helped many families here.

Warmest regards,
W

Eve
03-31-2011, 11:18 PM
Thanks for posting!! I'm excited about planting these with my toddler.

citymama
03-31-2011, 11:36 PM

Thanks for the link Deb.

I won't be posting bargains here anymore. I am sad because this is a smaller company and half of it was for charity. I will pm people with bargains from now on. :(

Why not? We love your posts!

boltfam
03-31-2011, 11:46 PM
Jo,

Please don't stop posting deals! Your name is the one I look for first when I am looking through the bargain board. If you really decide to stop.....please add me to your PM list!

:yeahthat: All of us are eternally grateful!

mshen
04-01-2011, 01:14 AM
oh bummer! I was trying to order it for our school garden, and had to leave for t-ball. Came home and completed the order, but now wonder if it really went through.

Thanks for sharing, Jo! I think a lot of us regular posters (or formerly regular posters) appreciate the bargains you share. <hugs>

ps I want to be added to the pm list too, I imagine it would get super big in no time. :)

plusbellelavie
04-01-2011, 06:23 AM
Jo,

Please don't stop posting deals! Your name is the one I look for first when I am looking through the bargain board. You and I are shopping soul sisters :love5: -
If you really decide to stop.....please add me to your PM list!

Your adoring fan,

:yeahthat: I too :love5: your deals please don't stop posting them!!

calv
04-01-2011, 06:56 AM

Thanks for the link Deb.

Jo, wacha talkin' about girl? I better be on your PM list! Please DON'T stop posting deals. Please. xoxox

Jo..
04-01-2011, 08:17 AM
Sorry I kind of had a little temper tantrum. I didn't want this deal posted on SD, because I knew it would kill it immediately. Seeds of Change is not a gigantic company that can absorb thousands of orders pouring in within an hour. Now I hope we all get our seeds.

If any active posters want to be included in a pm list for smaller mostly garden related bargains that I might not post here, pm me. They will be pretty infrequent as I don't shop as much as I used to.

If it's a big company or a deal I don't mind being copied and reposted, I will still post here.

I don't want to be too much of a pain in the butt about this, because I too have taken deals from here and posted them on SD. Just in this case it was a judgement call not to, you know?

WolfpackMom
04-01-2011, 08:42 AM
Sorry I kind of had a little temper tantrum. I didn't want this deal posted on SD, because I knew it would kill it immediately. Seeds of Change is not a gigantic company that can absorb thousands of orders pouring in within an hour. Now I hope we all get our seeds.

If any active posters want to be included in a pm list for smaller mostly garden related bargains that I might not post here, pm me. They will be pretty infrequent as I don't shop as much as I used to.

If it's a big company or a deal I don't mind being copied and reposted, I will still post here.

I don't want to be too much of a pain in the butt about this, because I too have taken deals from here and posted them on SD. Just in this case it was a judgement call not to, you know?

Awe I hope you will still post gardening deals. :( Think of it this way, at least all of those donations were made, but yeah it sucks if people turn around and sell them. It did say one order per address so folks would need to have a whole lot of different addresses to get loads of packets to sell.
Boo to whomever posted in SD and ruined it for people who will actually plant the seeds!!

boltfam
04-01-2011, 09:15 AM
FWIW, I read through the SD posts just out of curiosity, and it seems like *most* of the people who posted there were using them for themselves or someone they knew. That makes me feel better to know most people (that posted, at least) weren't taking advantage of the company. I hope it doesn't prevent us from getting the seeds, though.

Jo..
04-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I read through it too and also feel better!

Megano
04-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Noooo Jo! Don't go. I always look for your posts. You have the best deals!!! I'm building my first raised bed this summer and need your deals!!! Seriously though, I understand how frustrating that is... Thanks for all of your help in the past...

Momit
04-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Shoot. I'm sorry I missed this!

Tondi G
04-01-2011, 11:45 PM
oh bummer! I was trying to order it for our school garden, and had to leave for t-ball. Came home and completed the order, but now wonder if it really went through.

Thanks for sharing, Jo! I think a lot of us regular posters (or formerly regular posters) appreciate the bargains you share. <hugs>

ps I want to be added to the pm list too, I imagine it would get super big in no time. :)

Me too! I had just emailed the board of our parent organization suggesting they buy seeds for the edible garden ... the garden person said YES PLEASE BUY THEM! I hope they actually did it.

I was going to get some for my moms garden. :( Bummer it went so quickly.

calv
04-13-2011, 02:24 PM
rec'd mine. anyone else?

got spring bush tomatoes
moonbeam watermelon
fomidana lettuce
jack o lite pumkin x2
spanish radish
sucrine lettuce
gold ball turnip
rough de grenoblouse lettuce
gold currant cherry tomatoes
thai green lettuce
thessaloniki tomatoes
aci sivri chile
red currant tomatoes
northern pickling cucumber
mammoth dill
red splash calendula x2
four seasons lettuce
rocket mix snapdragon
cherazi tobacco
royal acorn squash
balloon flower (medicinal)
red stalk celery

zoestargrove
04-13-2011, 02:30 PM
not yet, but I'm so excited that it might arrive this week!

thanks for posting, looks like you received a great variety. which one are you most excited about?

almostmom
04-13-2011, 02:30 PM
What a fabulous group of seeds! I can't wait to see what I get - maybe they are in the mailbox already! So fun.

calv
04-13-2011, 02:42 PM
I have no idea. And quite honestly many of them say on the packet they expire this year but the other 1/2 expire sometime in 2012. I surely dont have enough space for it all but then again I want to plant/use it all, LOL.

HOW can I make that happen? :D I just checked out their FB page and of course some complaints have rolled in. I'm quite happy w/what I got. heck for $5 it's well, well worth it.

thanks again JO!!!!

DebbieJ
04-13-2011, 02:49 PM
oh, how fun! My mail hasn't come today. Maybe I'll get it today!

Smillow
04-13-2011, 02:49 PM
Costco has some great gardening gloves 6 pair for $9.99. There are 2 pair each pink, purple & green - extras could go in Easter Baskets or for Mother's Day. They have a flexible coating on them. I used them while rejuvenating my window boxes and no dirt under my nails!

I can't wait to get my seeds!

bcafe
04-13-2011, 03:33 PM
I was really interested, but decided not too. I was concerned if they would follow the gardening zones when deciding which seeds to send out. Was I wrong?

pjsmom30
04-13-2011, 03:44 PM
I hope they come before Easter, great idea to give them out as favors. I think I will use them as placecards!

MSWR0319
04-13-2011, 05:13 PM
I got mine a day or two ago! There was a lot of different types of lettuce and tomatoes, leek, radishes, a few varieties of flowers, some herbs, okra, and maybe a few more. I kept some, my dad took some, and I put the rest in a garden gift basket for DH's Rotary auction. Thanks Jo!

Jo..
04-13-2011, 05:14 PM
I didn't get mine yet. pouting

almostmom
04-13-2011, 07:10 PM
Got mine! SO excited, but need to find more room for my garden, or buy a bunch more pots!

I got:
Sucrine lettuce
black radish
delicata squash
balloon flower
pickling cukes
celery
early moonbeam
watermelon
jack-o-lite pumpkin
calendula flowers
dill
heirloom 4-season lettuce
heirloom chilis
acorn squash
red currant cherry tomatoes
thessaloniki tomato
gold currant cherry tomato
catnip
snapdragons
heirloom lettuce
tobacco!!!
thai green lettuce
heirloom turnips
and a few more lettuces!

yum, yum, yum. and i need to get to work.

Thanks for the tip!

Melaine
04-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Shoot! I totally forgot to do this. Oh well.

Jo, I've been burned by SDs before too...totally understand the frustration.

Jo..
04-13-2011, 08:08 PM
Got mine! SO excited, but need to find more room for my garden, or buy a bunch more pots!

tobacco!!!
Thanks for the tip!

Send me the tobacco, I think I will start smoking to de-stress while I wait for my seeds. :ROTFLMAO:

sewarsh
04-13-2011, 08:33 PM
For those who got DILL, plant this in a pot or somewhere by itself becuase it grows like a weed and can cross-pollinate and ruin some of your other plants.

Anyone know where this place is located? Just curious...if Mass got theirs, hopefully Philly isn't far behind!

Jo..
04-13-2011, 08:50 PM
I have grown LOTS of dill every year and have never had an issue. I just stick it everywhere in the garden. It is a favorite of caterpillars/butterflies, and whatever they leave, I use in salads or on fish.

sarrahanne
04-13-2011, 11:07 PM
I was wondering when I saw the first post that said "chirazi tobacco". Wondered if that was some kind of herb that I had never heard about, but it's really smoking tobacco?!

Too funny - I think if we get that in our assortment, we might have to forego planting it. :)

caheinz
04-13-2011, 11:10 PM
Anyone who gets tobacco -- I'd be happy to pay postage if you're willing to send them to me!

I have students (undergrads) studying a caterpillar this spring/summer that eats tobacco and tomato leaves. Tobacco's hard to come by here, so we just have tomato, but I'd love to get some tobacco going... (The caterpillars prefer tobacco, really.)

Though, honestly, the flowers are nice. For a flower, it typically goes by its scientific name, which is Nicotiana.

Smillow
04-13-2011, 11:29 PM
Anyone who gets tobacco -- I'd be happy to pay postage if you're willing to send them to me!

I have students (undergrads) studying a caterpillar this spring/summer that eats tobacco and tomato leaves. Tobacco's hard to come by here, so we just have tomato, but I'd love to get some tobacco going... (The caterpillars prefer tobacco, really.)

Though, honestly, the flowers are nice. For a flower, it typically goes by its scientific name, which is Nicotiana.

Hornworms?! The horror! Will you also be accepting hornworms later in the growing season?:ROTFLMAO:

caheinz
04-13-2011, 11:41 PM
Hornworms?! The horror! Will you also be accepting hornworms later in the growing season?:ROTFLMAO:

Sure! Though I don't think I can recommend shipping them in an envelope... :eek:

zoestargrove
04-14-2011, 06:42 AM

I couldn't help but think that these caterpillars would probably also like Homer Simpsons tomacco plant leaves too. :)

zoestargrove
04-14-2011, 06:44 AM
just wondering if tobacco plants would then be a good companion plant for tomatoes to keep the hornworms off the tomato plants?

corrie23
04-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Well, I'll start with the question that brought me back to the thread....did anyone get a confirmation email after placing their order? I ordered the day that the OP posted but I haven't received seeds, my CC hasn't been charged, and when I search my emails I can't find anything. I'm getting worried that my order didn't "take" or something although I swear that I saw a "thank you" order confirmation screen when I placed the order.

Now, to the OP. THANK YOU for posting this deal. I wintersow seeds every year with my kids to supplement our CSA share. I love gardening and growing food with them especially. We value organic seeds and especially companies with no ties to Monsanto (which includes this company, or so said Google before I placed the order). I have not ordered from them before and was excited to find a new seed source to enjoy now and in the future. Also, my little "essay" about why I'd be buying the seeds inspired me to make gardening journals with my girls for this season now that they're getting old enough to be more active in observing the growing process. We've listed all of the seeds we've planted so far, they drew some pictures, and we're documenting our daily observations of our seeds. Today my (almost) five year old got to inspect the plants to see what seeds have sprouted as well as the perennials in the garden that are starting to come up. She drew a picture of pulmonaria (trevi fountain) and our hellebores and a picture of a watermelon sprout and herself eating the watermelon once it's big. My 8 year old drew a great depiction of the difference between heirloom and hybrid seeds...My point is that I want you to know that you posting the deal not only made me super happy and aware of a company who I will likely buy from and recommend in the future, but it also inspired me to get more my kids more involved in our garden and I know that it will influence their experience of growing plants too.

That said, I also saw the deal posted on GardenWeb (which I'm sure was not at all related to here) and I don't go to SD. Sorry that it got "over shared" and so many here missed out (including me maybe). Please keep up the sharing, especially the garden goodies.

Jo..
04-15-2011, 07:34 AM
Oh no! It looks like I won't be getting any seeds either. I got a pop-up thank you for your order when I placed it, but no email.

I just checked my cc, and it was never charged the $5. Looks like they had some issues with the orders.

Hooray for the people who do get seeds! You lucked out!

sewarsh
04-15-2011, 08:06 AM
I'm totally bummed too. I placed my order immediately and never got email or credit card charge. :(

PAfirsttimemom
04-15-2011, 08:42 AM
I didn't receive an e-mail either. Not sure about the CC charge. I never check till the bill comes in. I ordered right away, too, and got the pop-up confirmation. Maybe we shouldn't give up hope. I have Seeds of Change on my Facebook and there was a status on Wednesday that said, "We are so delighted people are starting to receive their seeds from the Sowing Millions Project! Please keep us updated on your garden by posting your stories and pictures here. As a reminder, it can take anywhere from 2-6 weeks until you receive your organic seeds. Happy gardening!"

WolfpackMom
04-15-2011, 08:53 AM
Hmmm I got the thank you on the website, and I def got charged on my CC....but I didnt get a confirmation email.

iowavb
04-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Boo! I've been watching my mail patiently but haven't gotten anything yet. Just checked my e-mail and I guess I never got a confirmation e-mail either. I got the thank you confirmation right after I completed the order but thats it. :( I guess it's not meant to be this year.

caheinz
04-15-2011, 11:47 AM
just wondering if tobacco plants would then be a good companion plant for tomatoes to keep the hornworms off the tomato plants?

Not really. You might get more caterpillars that way... (I'd expect more female moths to visit and lay eggs on the tobacco....)

corrie23
04-15-2011, 12:31 PM
Hmmmm....did the people who received seeds ever get a confirmation email or did the seeds just show up? Maybe there's still hope.

Meatball Mommie
04-15-2011, 12:37 PM

No - you should not plant tobacco plants near tomato plants - tobacco mosaic virus can affect the tomato plants and be VERY damaging. I'd suggest marigolds and basil for companion planting with tomatoes. I don't any companion planting will deter hornworms, unfortunately. You just need to be vigilant in picking them off the plants - yuck!

MSWR0319
04-15-2011, 01:17 PM
Hmmmm....did the people who received seeds ever get a confirmation email or did the seeds just show up? Maybe there's still hope.

I never got a confirmation email. Mine just showed up. I ordered pretty late too. I think they sold out not too long after I ordered. Here's hoping you all get yours soon!!

cilantromapuche
04-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Did they come by regular mail? I was charged but I don't know that I got a confirmation email.

keckert
04-15-2011, 08:18 PM
I just checked my CC and was charged as well but I haven't gotten anything yet in the mail.

DebbieJ
04-16-2011, 12:24 AM
I'm totally bummed too. I placed my order immediately and never got email or credit card charge. :(

Shucks me either. Guess that means I missed out too, huh?

citymama
04-16-2011, 02:06 AM
I never received a confirmation email nor has anything arrived by mail...I ordered right away!

ShellBelle
04-16-2011, 10:16 AM
I never received a confirmation email nor has anything arrived by mail...I ordered right away!

same here.

jo - very much hope you get your seeds soon.

Jo..
04-16-2011, 11:19 AM
I think that anyone who sees a cc charge will get their seeds soon.

I also think that those of us who were not charged will not be getting seeds. I think their system was slammed and many orders didn't "take".

It's okay, I have a lot of seeds.

I was just in the mood for a nice inexpensive surprise package.

corrie23
04-16-2011, 07:50 PM
I think that anyone who sees a cc charge will get their seeds soon.

I also think that those of us who were not charged will not be getting seeds. I think their system was slammed and many orders didn't "take".

It's okay, I have a lot of seeds.

I was just in the mood for a nice inexpensive surprise package.

Since people didn't get confirmation emails even if their order shipped, I'm holding out hope that they're charging cards as they ship them vs. when the order was placed (as it should be) and maybe we're still going to get charged/receive them in time. That said, I got a bunch of seeds in the mail from wintersown.org today and it put a big smile on my face so that helped ease the disappointment.

Jo..
04-16-2011, 08:04 PM
could people whose cards were charged confirm if it was on the date the order was placed, or a week or two later?

You just got my hopes up again!

cuca_
04-16-2011, 08:10 PM
I have not received any seeds, but I got charged when I placed my order. Sorry!

ahisma
04-16-2011, 09:17 PM
My card was charged when I ordered, March 30 around 8 pm (not sure how that compares to the posting here, maybe earlier, maybe later). I saw the charge come in a few minutes later via email.

I didn't get a confirmation email though, so we'll have to see.

keckert
04-17-2011, 08:33 AM
On their FB page, they are responding to ppl's inquiries by saying it takes 2-6 weeks for the seeds. This was as recent as yesterday.

oneplustwo
04-17-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm so bummed; it looks like my order didn't take. No CC charge, no email confirmation. Can anyone recommend other good sources for organic seeds?

fortato
04-17-2011, 08:45 PM
No CC charge here either... oh well.

citymama
04-17-2011, 11:05 PM
No CC charge here either... oh well.

Me neither, and I ordered pretty much as soon as I read Jo's post. Bummer!

corrie23
04-17-2011, 11:18 PM
I'm so bummed; it looks like my order didn't take. No CC charge, no email confirmation. Can anyone recommend other good sources for organic seeds?

Fedcoseeds.com (not all seeds are organic, but many are)
johnnyseeds.com (again, not all organic but have a large org. selection)
southernexposure.com (ditto)

None are Monsanto owned or supplied.

I'm bummed about the seeds though. I tried calling to ask but the phone number went to the customer care ctr. who said that I needed to call corporate, but when I called the corporate # it just bounced me back to the customer care ctr. After 3 rounds of this cycle, I just gave up :o(

ahisma
04-17-2011, 11:33 PM
I order often from Baker Creek (http://rareseeds.com/shop/) Great germination, no GMOs, no Monsanto ties and really fast shipping.

Also, try your local garden shops. I buy High Mowing Seeds (http://www.highmowingseeds.com/), Seed Savers Exchange (http://www.seedsavers.org/) and Botanical Interests (http://www.botanicalinterests.com/) locally and have been very happy.

My top two are probably Baker Creek and High Mowing seeds. The best local spots around here are health food stores (High Mowing), locally owned garden stores / greenhouses (Botanical Interests, Seed Savers), and a rather psychedelic hydroponics store (High Mowing). Truly, I could have gotten away without ordering but wanted a few specific things that I couldn't find (ground cherries, huckleberry, Padron peppers).

ETA: It's too late in the season, but for next season, request the Baker Creek catalog. It's gorgeous and amazing. My 4 yo sleeps with it. <3

mypa
04-17-2011, 11:47 PM
I recommend Pinetree Garden Seeds www.superseeds.com

They are geared toward the home gardener by offering fewer (but still plenty) seeds and keeping the cost low, between $1-1.50, most around $1.25. Great germination rates and interesting varieties.

oneplustwo
04-18-2011, 05:36 AM
Thank you for all the great recommendations! I'm starting to look into them all.

daisymommy
04-18-2011, 10:03 AM
I made a list earlier this year. My favorite places are Seeds of Change, Seed Savers, and Southern Exposure Seed Exchange.

Here are "safe from Monsanto" seed companies (ie. Non-GMO seeds)

Abundant Life Seeds (http://www.abundantlifeseeds.com/)
Amishland Seeds (http://www.amishlandseeds.com/)
Annapolis Valley Heritage Seed Company (http://www.annapolisseeds.com/) Canada
Baker Creek Seed Co. (http://www.rareseeds.com/)
Botanical Interests (http://www.botanicalinterests.com/store/shop.php)
Bountiful Gardens (http://www.bountifulgardens.org/)
Diane's Flower Seeds (she has veggies now, too) (http://www.dianeseeds.com/Index.html)
Fedco Seed Co. (http://www.fedcoseeds.com/) - phasing out Seminis seeds (which are GMO).
Garden City Seeds (http://www.gardencityseeds.net/)
Heirloom Acres Seeds (http://www.heirloomacresseeds.com/) -I've heard from several people their seed germination is poor and so is their customer service.
Heirlooms Evermore Seeds (http://www.heirloomsevermoreseeds.com/)
Heirloom Seeds (http://www.heirloomseeds.com/)
High Mowing Seeds (http://www.highmowingseeds.com/)
Horizon Herbs (http://www.horizonherbs.com/)
Irish-Eyes (http://www.irish-eyes.com/)
Kitchen Garden Seeds (http://www.kitchengardenseeds.com/)
Lake Valley Seeds (http://www.lakevalleyseed.com/)
Livingston Seeds (http://www.livingstonseed.com/index.php)
Local Harvest (http://www.localharvest.org/store/seeds.jsp)
Mountain Rose Herbs (http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/)
Native Seeds (http://www.nativeseeds.org/) for the Arid Southwest
Natural Gardening Company (http://www.naturalgardening.com/shop/index_newer.php3)
New Hope Seed Company (http://www.newhopeseed.com/)
Organica Seed (http://www.organicaseed.com/)
Peaceful Valley Farm Supply (http://www.groworganic.com/)
Pinetree (https://www.superseeds.com/)
Renee's Garden (http://www.reneesgarden.com/)
Richters Herbs (http://www.richters.com/)
Sand Hill Preservation Center (http://www.sandhillpreservation.com/)
Seed Saver's Exchange (http://www.seedsavers.org/)
Seeds of Change (http://www.seedsofchange.com/)
Southern Exposure (http://www.southernexposure.com/)
Sow True (http://www.sowtrue.com/)
Terroir Seeds (http://www.underwoodgardens.com/)
[/URL][URL="http://www.tinyseeds.com/"]Tiny Seeds (http://www.territorialseed.com/)
Tomato Fest (http://www.tomatofest.com/) -
Trees of Antiquity (http://www.treesofantiquity.com/)
Underwood Garden Seeds (http://www.underwoodgardens.com/)
Uprising Seeds (http://www.uprisingorganics.com/)
Victory Seeds (http://www.victoryseeds.com/)
Wildseed Farms (http://www.wildseedfarms.com/)
Wood Prairie Farm (http://www.woodprairie.com/)

boltfam
04-18-2011, 03:26 PM
I have not received any seeds, but I got charged when I placed my order. Sorry!
:yeahthat:

momm
04-20-2011, 10:36 AM
On their FB page, they are responding to ppl's inquiries by saying it takes 2-6 weeks for the seeds. This was as recent as yesterday.

Do you have a link to their FB page? I can't find them by searching.. thanks!

My CC was charged but no sign of the seeds yet..

sarrahanne
05-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Do you have a link to their FB page? I can't find them by searching.. thanks!

My CC was charged but no sign of the seeds yet..

Anybody else not receive their seeds yet even though their cc was charged? Still waiting here....

mshen
05-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Anybody else not receive their seeds yet even though their cc was charged? Still waiting here....

me too. i contacted them via their website last week, and didn't hear anything back. but they did say it takes 48 business hours, which is 6 business days. i plan on calling on monday. i bought it for our school and sure hope it gets here BEFORE school ends.

WolfpackMom
05-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Not yet... I hope it doesn't take much longer but I think at this rate I'll be freezing them for next year- which is fine, it did say up to 6 weeks.

boltfam
05-01-2011, 09:31 PM
me too. i contacted them via their website last week, and didn't hear anything back. but they did say it takes 48 business hours, which is 6 business days. i plan on calling on monday. i bought it for our school and sure hope it gets here BEFORE school ends.

I called last week, and I believe the person I talked to said they were hoping to have all the seeds sent out by May 15th. There's still hope...

cucaw30
05-02-2011, 10:05 AM
I called last week, and I believe the person I talked to said they were hoping to have all the seeds sent out by May 15th. There's still hope...

Thanks for the update. I was also charged and am still waiting . . .

mikala
05-02-2011, 02:00 PM
I was just catching up on some blog reading and was surprised to see Seeds of Change shown in a picture on this blog pos (http://lusaorganics.typepad.com/clean/2010/05/quick-local-food.html)t. It appears the company is owned by M&M Mars and that's confirmed on the Mars website:

http://www.mars.com/global/who-we-are/where-we-operate/united-states.aspx

It's still a great deal on seeds (if they ever arrive...) but it isn't exactly a small, idealistic business any more.

cucaw30
05-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Has anyone received their seeds or have an update? I am debating calling my credit card company to dispute the charge. I ordered them for DS1's preschool class.

boltfam
05-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Has anyone received their seeds or have an update? I am debating calling my credit card company to dispute the charge. I ordered them for DS1's preschool class.

I haven't gotten mine yet. Before you dispute the charges, I would call the company. When I had called, they said that they would make it right if I didn't receive my seeds.

citymama
05-12-2011, 12:40 PM
I haven't gotten mine yet. Before you dispute the charges, I would call the company. When I had called, they said that they would make it right if I didn't receive my seeds.

That's good to know. Did you have an order conf number? I did not receive an email confirmation after I placed my order; not sure if others did.

cucaw30
05-12-2011, 12:44 PM

Thanks. I sent them an e-mail and got a quick response that I am on the list of people who should be receiving seeds. CS said that the goal is to get all the seeds out by the end of this week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

mshen
05-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Thanks. I sent them an e-mail and got a quick response that I am on the list of people who should be receiving seeds. CS said that the goal is to get all the seeds out by the end of this week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I called, my name is not on the list, yet I still have the charge on my CC. The CS I talked to is emailing her superior so hopefully I'll hear back about the status. At this point, I just want my money back...

boltfam
05-12-2011, 04:22 PM
That's good to know. Did you have an order conf number? I did not receive an email confirmation after I placed my order; not sure if others did.

No, I did not receive an e-mail confirmation, either.

ahisma
05-12-2011, 04:31 PM
I just called and confirmed that I am on the list. They gave me a different time frame though, they said *hopefully* by the end of the month, almost definitely by mid-June. Hmm...

keckert
05-13-2011, 02:36 PM
I just called and confirmed that I am on the list. They gave me a different time frame though, they said *hopefully* by the end of the month, almost definitely by mid-June. Hmm...

I don't even want them now....it's almost too late to plant! We put our seedlings in the garden last week.

Tinkerbell313
05-13-2011, 03:27 PM
I just saw on this on their Facebook page:

Seeds of Change
Thanks again for all your support in the Sowing Millions Project! We're excited to announce the last shipments of our 100 million free seeds have been sent out. If you placed an order and received a confirmation, you will be receiving your Sowing Millions Project seeds soon! Happy Gardening!

I think I will need to contact them. I never received a confirmation but I did get charged for the shipping. :confused:

camomma
05-18-2011, 04:29 PM
I received my bag of
Cilantro
Sunflowers
Radish
Lettuce etc.
I'm happy with my purchase.

WolfpackMom
05-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Nothing yet :( I guess I'll call tomorow. Their facebook page said they all went out on Friday and they seem to be ignoring peoples questions on there. Bummer!

elephantmeg
05-19-2011, 06:12 AM
got mine yesterday. Lots of cillantro, radishes, corn and then some lettuces. I was hoping for more variety-instead I got 4 packs of a lot of different stuff. Oh well. I guess we'll see how it goes! I was hoping to plant some corn this year so I guess it will be indian multicolored, lol

Smillow
05-19-2011, 11:28 AM
I got mine today! They arrived in a mysterious envelope with no return address! I was convinced that I was not going to get them because I could never find the charge on any of my statements...?

Here's what I got:

2 packs of Nantes Coreless Carrot
2 packs Double Rich Tomato
2 packs Sweet Dakota Rose Watermelon
2 packs Captaine Lettuce
2 packs Buttercup Squash
2 packs Chioggia Beet
2 packs Pronto Beet
2 packs Grandpa Ott's Morning Glory
2 packs Pizza Pepper (Sowing Millions program)
3 packs Eggplant Black (Sowing Millions program)
3 packs Cilantro Coriander (Sowing Millions program)
1 pack Champion Radish (Sowing Millions program)
1 pack Rainbow Inca Corn

If anyone wants anything PM me & I can pop them in the mail! I was hoping for them earlier & for more flowers (I am weeding out morning glories every day as it is!).

mg23
05-19-2011, 11:40 AM
I would love to take a packet of your Nantes Coreless Carrot Double Rich Tomato if available. I'll PM you

Thanks for the offer!

cucaw30
05-19-2011, 01:21 PM
I got mine today! They arrived in a mysterious envelope with no return address! I was convinced that I was not going to get them because I could never find the charge on any of my statements...?

Here's what I got:

2 packs of Nantes Coreless Carrot
2 packs Double Rich Tomato
2 packs Sweet Dakota Rose Watermelon
2 packs Captaine Lettuce
2 packs Buttercup Squash
2 packs Chioggia Beet
2 packs Pronto Beet
2 packs Grandpa Ott's Morning Glory
2 packs Pizza Pepper (Sowing Millions program)
3 packs Eggplant Black (Sowing Millions program)
3 packs Cilantro Coriander (Sowing Millions program)
1 pack Champion Radish (Sowing Millions program)
1 pack Rainbow Inca Corn

If anyone wants anything PM me & I can pop them in the mail! I was hoping for them earlier & for more flowers (I am weeding out morning glories every day as it is!).

Buttercup squash is awesome!

I'm still waiting for mine . . . .

daphne
05-19-2011, 02:02 PM
My seeds arrived today! I'm hoping others get theirs, too!

DebbieJ
05-19-2011, 02:54 PM
Mine arrived today in an unmarked envelope as well. I just checked all my bank accounts yesterday & there is no charge either.

pjsmom30
05-19-2011, 03:25 PM
I got the Annies Naturals carrot seeds and kids gardening gloves today too! I am up to my ears in seeds!

cilantromapuche
05-19-2011, 03:53 PM
I recieved mine today and I recieved 9 packages of black eggplant. I didn't get a variety but for the whole five dollars I am pleased with just a couple usable packages and will share the wealth.

septmama2b
05-19-2011, 04:26 PM
I got mine today. I never was charged, and was convinced I missed it.

I have a container garden so I am more then happy to share. I need to see which of these I can grow in big pots. What a great surprise.

Lutz Salad Leaf Beet -2
Cal Wonder Orange Bell Pepper - 2
Nantes Coreless Carrot
Kaleidoscope Premium Lettuce Mix - 2
Cilantro - 3
Black Eggplant - 3
Radish - 1
Double Rich Tomato - 2
Sweet Dakota Rose Watermelon - 2
Buttercup Squash - 2
Rainbow Inca Corn
Chioggia Beet - 2

Jo..
05-19-2011, 04:37 PM
With all of these posts stating people were never charged yet still got their seeds, I am starting to wonder if maybe I will get mine after all! :bouncy:

sewarsh
05-19-2011, 06:45 PM
With all of these posts stating people were never charged yet still got their seeds, I am starting to wonder if maybe I will get mine after all! :bouncy:

I haven't been following this thread since i figured ther was no way i was goign to get the darn seeds since i never got charged (but i was like the 3rd person to respond initiailly). anyways, today they arrived. shocked!

TONS of radishes though...but for free, i'll take it :)

zoestargrove
05-19-2011, 07:54 PM
Mine came today in a mysterious unmarked envelope and I also thought my order didn't go through because I have yet to see a charge. All my fingers and toes are crossed that you find a mysterious envelope in your mailbox tomorrow! thanks again.

2 pinwheel marigold
1 flashback calendula
1 pastel dreams zinnia
2 sweet dakota rose watermelon
1 burgundy supercrest celosia
2 fino verde basil
1 russian mammoth sunflower
1 matt's wild cherry tomato
2 shasta daisy
3 barcarole lettuce
4 black eggplant
2 aztec nicotiana
2 single mix hollyhock
1 hungarian broom corn
2 cilantro

dylansnan
05-19-2011, 10:33 PM
Mine came today in a mysterious unmarked envelope and I also thought my order didn't go through because I have yet to see a charge. All my fingers and toes are crossed that you find a mysterious envelope in your mailbox tomorrow! thanks again.

Wow! this gives me hope. I know hadn't been charged as of a few weeks ago, but did sign up pretty early after the OP, so maybe i'll get a nice surprise too :D

cleo27
05-20-2011, 12:42 AM
[QUOTE=zoestargrove;3145465]Mine came today in a mysterious unmarked envelope and I also thought my order didn't go through because I have yet to see a charge.

Today, mine did too! Still no charge for me either. I was totally surprised.

I got:

1 - calendula
1 - morning glory
2 - carrots
4 - eggplant
2 - pizza peppers
4 - d'avignon radish
2 - pronto beet
2 - watermelon
1 - sweet dumpling squash
2 - double rich tomato
2 - golden bush zucchini
2 - capitaine lettuce

caheinz
05-20-2011, 01:02 AM
Wow... I was sure I had missed out on this (didn't see a charge, and my card had to be replaced (thanks, Michaels)).... but the seeds arrived today! Yippee!

Thanks, Jo!

bigpassport
05-20-2011, 01:10 AM
I got mine today too! I never looked for the charge on my card and pretty much thought I didn't get in on the deal. So it was a fun surprise today. My seeds are the same as Septmamatobe's. Zoestargrove, you got so many flowers. Do you think they shipped different seeds based on region?

div_0305
05-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Ditto! Got the seeds. Never got an email confirmation, and could not find charge. So happy! Nice mix of flowers, veggies (basil, cilantro, eggplant, tomato), and 1 watermelon packet. Very psyched when I got home and saw the envelope w/ no return address as described by someone above.

dylansnan
05-20-2011, 05:08 PM
My seeds came today!!:D Yippee! Hope everyone waiting gets theres too.

~Cindy

longamkl
05-21-2011, 12:30 AM
Hurray! I got mine today too and got lots of doubles, triples etc. Does anyone want to trade away some? I'd love to get some more food!

Here's what I got:

Flowers:

2 Aztec Nicotiana
1 Russian Mammoth Sunflower
1 Pastel Dreams Zinnia
1 Pinwheel Marigold
2 Single Mix Hollyhock
2 Burgundy Supercrest Celosia

Food:

1 Sweet Dakota Rose Watermelon
1 Pronto Beet
1 Cascadia Bush Snap Pea
1 Pawnee Shell Bush Bean
1 Kaleidoscope Premium Lettuce Mix
4 Barcarole Lettuce
1 Hungarian Broom Corn
2 Matt's Wild Cherry Tomato
4 Cilantro Coriander

keckert
05-21-2011, 11:53 AM
I finally got mine too! I was very surprised!

Too late to plant this year though.

Jo..
05-21-2011, 04:35 PM
HOLY COW.

Mine CAME!

I am stunned and so excited!

Here's what I got:

Flowers 5
White Sweet Alyssum x2
Picotee Cosmos Rare x3

Herbs 4
Chives
Basil
Cilantro x2

Lettuces and Leafy Greens 7
Wild Garden Chicory
Barcarole Lettuce x2
Forellenschluss Lettuce x2
Red Giant Mustard Greens x2

Vegetables, other 9
Pizza Pepper x 2
Red House Free Standing Tomato
Pawnee Shell Bush Bean
Cascadia Snap Bush Pea
D'Avignon Radish
Nantes Carrot x2
Scarlet Keeper Carrot

Thanks to so many ladies offering to share your seeds; your willingness to be so generous overwhelmed me. I actually took one member up on her offer to share some of her extras and unwanteds, and now I will have tons of new seeds to try later this year for a fall harvest, with plenty leftover for next year.

:yay:

boltfam
05-21-2011, 04:37 PM
HOLY COW.

Mine CAME!

I am stunned and so excited!

Here's what I got:

Flowers 5
White Sweet Alyssum x2
Picotee Cosmos Rare x3

Herbs 4
Chives
Basil
Cilantro x2

Lettuces and Leafy Greens 7
Wild Garden Chicory
Barcarole Lettuce x2
Forellenschluss Lettuce x2
Red Giant Mustard Greens x2

Vegetables, other 9
Pizza Pepper x 2
Red House Free Standing Tomato
Pawnee Shell Bush Bean
Cascadia Snap Bush Pea
D'Avignon Radish
Nantes Carrot x2
Scarlet Keeper Carrot

Thanks to so many ladies offering to share your seeds; your willingness to be so generous overwhelmed me. I actually took one member up on her offer to share some of her extras and unwanteds, and now I will have tons of new seeds to try later this year for a fall harvest, with plenty leftover for next year.

:yay:

:cheerleader1:Yay!

corrie23
05-22-2011, 10:57 AM
Another totally shocked recipient. Same unmarked envelope and no record of a charge that I can find. I may have to call them about that.....

(1) lettuce leaf basil (which I happen to love and grow every year so this is perfect)
(1) heavenly blue morning glory
(1) yellow echinacea
(3) D'avignon radish
(1) black eggplant
(4) barcarole lettuce
(1) mesclun salad mix
(1) Cascadia bush snap pea (excited to try this)
(3) cilantro
(3) pizza pepper
(1) yellowstone carrot
(3) nantes carrot
(1) Matt's wild cherry tomato
(1) smart pickle cucumber

As a side if anyone is looking for a home for their extras/unwanted I know that wintersown.org is getting hit up pretty hard for seed donations from community garden type organizations who typically got donations from Seeds of Change in the past but who missed out this year due to the overwhelming response to this offer (I guess in years past SOC only offered the free seeds to groups, not individuals and they were not expecting this level of response when they opened to home gardeners this year). Anyway, Trudi at wintersown is having a tough time filling the needs so if you wanted to send any of your extra seeds her way I'm sure she'd be very grateful. She'll send you a donation receipt for tax purposes too if that's an incentive. Alternatively, you can also send the seeds to her with a SASE and a wish list for the free tomato or veggie seeds offers from her site and you'll get some other seeds that you may prefer in exchange.

Thanks again Jo for posting this fun offer!

WolfpackMom
05-22-2011, 09:06 PM
I got 6 packs of black eggplant, and we don't eat eggplant. PM me if you would like some!

corrie23
05-28-2011, 08:35 PM
If anyone who got beet seeds that they won't use wants to trade me for something, please let me know. We eat a lot of beets :)

Melbel
05-29-2011, 11:55 AM
This deal is dead, but I was hoping someone may be able to chime in on the best place to order low cost, better quality seeds for party favors. Unfortunately, I did not think of the favors when I saw this deal when it was first posted.

Jo..
05-29-2011, 01:43 PM
This link lists several of my faves including Seeds of Change, Johnny's, and Fedco.
http://www.attra.org/sorg/seeds.html
What type of seed do you plan to give out (flowers, herbs, veggies)?

corrie23
05-30-2011, 10:26 AM
Another vote for Fedco. Great seeds. Company with lots of integrity. Really good pricing, and free shipping if you order $30 or more which is easy to do because you can order now for next year and the seeds will still be plenty viable.

Melbel
05-30-2011, 10:45 AM
This link lists several of my faves including Seeds of Change, Johnny's, and Fedco.
http://www.attra.org/sorg/seeds.html
What type of seed do you plan to give out (flowers, herbs, veggies)?

Another vote for Fedco. Great seeds. Company with lots of integrity. Really good pricing, and free shipping if you order $30 or more which is easy to do because you can order now for next year and the seeds will still be plenty viable.

Thanks for the tips. I was planning on doing flowers to go with our butterfly garden theme.