PDA

View Full Version : Parkway SG versus Parkway SGL

sandwish
03-30-2011, 01:12 PM
I would like to get a booster seat for my DD 5.5 years old, 50+ lbs and 75% height. She is currently harnessed in a Frontier. The booster will be for carpooling occasionally.

I have been researching the Parkway and was wondering if there is a reason I should buy the more expensive SGL. I know the main differences are the LATCH option and SG is one strap. But if the booster won't be staying in any car, the LATCH may not be as important, though nice.

I want a HBB and have been happy with Britax for all our seats so far.

Thanks in advance

Joolsplus2
03-30-2011, 07:26 PM
I guess the only other difference is the armrests are a smidge higher on the SGL, really it shouldn't make much difference. The SGL might be newer (are they still making the SG, or is it on clearance pricing and getting a little old on store shelves? if you want the full 6 years to use it, you want to make sure you get the newest one you can buy).
Here's a blog with a side by side comparison, if you haven't seen it yet.. http://carseatblog.com/8193/britax-parkway-sgl-booster-a-photo-review/

sandwish
04-02-2011, 01:52 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. That is a very good point about the DOM. I will definitely remember to check that.

I read on the carseatblog forums that the SG wasn't going to be discontinued, but that post was from January.

Thank you.

lorinick
04-02-2011, 10:46 PM
I will check that out tomorrow at BRU. Still get them in weekly. I will check the DOM.

Just asked Britax about the SGL on Thurs. They say you can only use the latch up to 42 or 48lb depending on the vehicle manual. So not worth the extra money imo. I thought it was different than the car seats but no. Never noticed the arm rests.

Joolsplus2
04-03-2011, 08:51 AM
I will check that out tomorrow at BRU. Still get them in weekly. I will check the DOM.

Just asked Britax about the SGL on Thurs. They say you can only use the latch up to 42 or 48lb depending on the vehicle manual. So not worth the extra money imo. I thought it was different than the car seats but no. Never noticed the arm rests.

Since no vehicle manuals state any weight limits on the LATCH, and the LATCH is only holding in 10 pounds of booster seat (the seatbelt holds the up-to-100 pounds of kid), then you can always use the LATCH with a booster ;)