PDA

View Full Version : BJCMD- extras/accessories

mafried
03-30-2011, 01:27 PM
Who has a BJCMD and what accessories do you have/love/feel are needed? I just ordered one. I got a snuzzler for my newbie but nothing else so far. Anyone have the bellybar and like it? How is the fold with the bellybar? Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

brgnmom
03-30-2011, 02:28 PM
I have the BJCMD and have the following accessories (which I bought based on the recommendations from this board):

Hook N' Stroll Stroller accessory
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00158DS0U/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001967NHM&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0DP2724RCXWKQ62GSFFX

Sunshine Kids buggy buddy
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00158DS0U/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001967NHM&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0DP2724RCXWKQ62GSFFX
- I really like this one. mine has a zippered pocket inside as well that you can use for keys/cell phone.

I don't have a belly bar or snack tray for the bjcmd. I may get the belly bar later on, but so far we have been fine w/o one (I'm a mac mama though, so I'm used to having a stroller w/o a belly bar or snack tray. for my bugaboo cam, I prefer strolling w/o the belly bar - but that's just a personal preference).

hlauburn
03-30-2011, 11:06 PM
Definitely recommend the hook...can't believe I went so long without one!

Also couldn't live without the BJ parent console.

I have the snack tray, and I could easily go without. It's nice when we're on longer shopping trips, but for my little girl, a snack cup would be just as good and I think it makes the folding a little awkward.

Pyrodjm
03-30-2011, 11:36 PM
Love these: http://www.amazon.com/Think-King-Stroller-Wheelchair-Rollator/dp/B002MXP3SM/ref=pd_cp_ba_2

And the Sunshine Kids buggy buddy

scriptkitten
03-30-2011, 11:46 PM
Love these: http://www.amazon.com/Think-King-Stroller-Wheelchair-Rollator/dp/B002MXP3SM/ref=pd_cp_ba_2

And the Sunshine Kids buggy buddy

:yeahthat:

mafried
03-31-2011, 09:01 PM
How do you choose which hooks to get if you can't see them in person?

Are there advantages/disadvantages to different kinds?

wellyes
03-31-2011, 10:03 PM
Honestly all the hooks are probably fine, just pick one. Amazon baby has free (postage paid) returns if you don't end up liking the one you get. I have the black one, it's a great deal, 2 for $10.

I think you do need a hook for the BJCMD since the basket is so inadequate. Otherwise, nothing is really necessary . I skipped the belly bar, trays, etc and don't miss them.

scriptkitten
03-31-2011, 10:05 PM
well, the mommy hooks are good for things that would fall off regular hooks. (ie: bulky things)

i push my kids to preschool and their lunchboxes and packpacks are better served by mommy hooks. i also hang my keys on the mommy hooks and dont have to worry about them falling off

the Think King hooks are better for shopping bags and purses. the reason they are better for purses/diaper bags is because they stay put wherever you put them on the handlebar. the reason that they rock for shopping bags is because you can take stuff on and off one handed.

i just got the Think King hooks and the only downside is that i'm not used to having hooks under where my hands want to go while strolling. i tend to slide my hands around depending on the terrain and whether or not i'm operating one handed. if i want to hang my purses, then i need to have the hooks centered, and i'm sort of annoyed when my hands hit the hooks. tiny violins, i know :)

i wish the Think King hooks were cheaper because I think the best setup would be to have them, in combination with the Mommy Hooks on all my SBS strollers... however that could get expensive ;)

you need to just try different types and see what works for you.

scriptkitten
03-31-2011, 10:05 PM
Honestly all the hooks are probably fine, just pick one. Amazon baby has free (postage paid) returns if you don't end up liking the one you get. I have the black one, it's a great deal, 2 for $10.

I think you do need a hook for the BJCMD since the basket is so inadequate. Otherwise, nothing is really necessary . I skipped the belly bar, trays, etc and don't miss them.

the basket is a joke. i can only really put a diaper wallet in it. its very disappointing.