PDA

View Full Version : Amazon free return shipping?

TwoBees
03-30-2011, 01:42 PM
I bought an item that was eligible for free shipping. I bought the wrong item and want to return it. How can I tell if it is eligible for free return shipping? And is there any way Amazonw ould grant me free shipping if it isn't eligible? I already feel stupid for getting the wrong thing.:bag

jvs195
03-30-2011, 02:19 PM
I think it's free returns for clothing and if it's amazon's mistake. If you go to your account and the order it will tell you your options (whether you can return and what it costs if so).

ett
03-30-2011, 03:37 PM
A bought a bed rail and it qualified for free returns. Which was a good thing because it ended up not working for DS2's bed.

kaharris83
03-30-2011, 03:44 PM
I always go back and look at the item page to verify if the return shipping is free. That being said, EVERY time I've returned am item that was supposed to have free return shipping they've deducted the return shipping cost from my refund. I always hgave to contact them to have them adjust it. Even when the return tool says I get free return shipping. So keep an eye on it to make sure they process it correctly. You'll get an email saying they received your return and telling you the amount of your credit.

lilye13
03-30-2011, 11:59 PM
This has happened to me and I found that when you go into the return menu, based on the 'reason' you select for your return they will or won't charge you for the shipping. If I remember, seeing something priced less somewhere else did NOT give you free return shipping...but I think it was Item was different that appeared or something like that did. Go figure. just tick off the reason, see what happens and then just go back and do it again.
HTH:>

DebbieJ
03-31-2011, 01:12 AM
If you do a live chat with them, most of the time they'll generate a free return label for you. :)