PDA

View Full Version : Do you keep strollers for future (hypothetical) DC?

Multimama
03-30-2011, 03:54 PM
I have a couple strollers that I really have no intention of using for DS, but think I would love to have for a future DC (hard to find or expensive to replace).

Do you keep strollers for hypothetical future kiddos? Or would you just sell now and buy new with the next one even if it would probably be a lot more expensive to replace with similar strollers? What is your reasoning?

swissair81
03-30-2011, 05:05 PM
I'm probably the wrong person to answer this question because I rarely have to wait for the next kid to show up. However, unless it was something that you really wouldn't find, I wouldn't save them. They'll be easier to sell now because they are worth more, and you will really want to have new stuff for a new DC- especially if you aren't planning to have another one for a few years.

brgnmom
03-30-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm not sure how old your child is, but w/ my DS he was still riding the mac techno sometimes at 3 yrs old. (At the time we were still living in the Boston area and it was very useful for the T, air travel, etc). That's when I got pregnant w/ DD, and so we didn't really keep the strollers for hypothetical future DC in that case. We have a bug cam that's been in storage for several months, b/c we don't have the space currently (our situation will change soon though in a month). I knew I didn't want to resell the stroller, since it was a gift and didn't want to part w/ it for sentimental reasons. And we'll be using it for my 4-month-old DD.

I guess in term of resale values, it's better to sell earlier on - once you know you are done using the particular stroller for your DC. But if you have the storage space and know that you'll be expanding your family sooner rather than ? yrs later on, I'd keep the stroller - unless the resale $$ is of greater importance to you.

crl
03-30-2011, 07:25 PM
Sell them. There will be something new and fabulous to try out down the road. (Says the woman with a six year age gap between her kids.)

Catherine

Multimama
03-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Thanks. This was very helpful. I am definitely leaning towards selling because I just want the guilt about too many strollers gone from my life! Plus you're so right that there will be something else great in the future. Can't wait until the Uppababy Cruz comes out, for example!

edurnemk
03-30-2011, 07:50 PM
I'm keeping a lot of stuff, not just strollers, for the next hypothetical child, and there are days when I'm not sure I even want another child, but the Vista is staying! Of course that will not stop me from getting more stroller if we have another ;)

ashleybama24
03-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Absolutely sell. Better value now AND look how much the stroller industry is currently changing. There could be something really fabulous by the time you have your next child.

purpelina
03-30-2011, 08:26 PM
Looks like you already made a decision, but I thought I'd chime in quickly.

It also depends, if your lifestyle will be the same when you have another child. Will you be living in same city, or town? Using car more, or less? Public transportation? Maybe you move to different state with different weather? Your child will be born in different season, which might also affect your stroller needs? Will it be urban or rather suburban setting? Maybe you pick up running? Or stop it all together (it's all hypothetically speaking, I don't know what your life style is right now, just mentioning variable aspects)

Besides, it depends on how bored (or not) you get with things. I sold and rebought a mac triumph only because I was tired of the same pattern, and it was easier to get a whole new stroller than a new seat fabric :)

I'd vote for selling now, at least some of your stash.