PDA

View Full Version : mountain buggy customer service

erikh
03-30-2011, 04:27 PM
I recieved my mountain buggy terrain on Tuesday. The box was somewhat beat up by the delivery company. I went to put the wheels on and found the brake pad broken. I called the customer service number and was shocked to get a human voice. They sent me an e-mail requesting proof of purchase, address, serial number, and pictures of the broken part. I could not get a picture right away. I finally got a picture in to them today and talked to them and they are sending me both brake pads priority mail. I was not happy that the brake pad was broken, but at least they made good on it. Hopefully I will get the part by this weekend.

swissair81
03-30-2011, 04:45 PM
Mountain Buggy CS is good, but only if it's a stroller manufactured post bankruptcy. If you have a stroller from before that, they've basically put you out to pasture.

roseyloxs
03-31-2011, 01:01 AM
Mountain Buggy CS is good, but only if it's a stroller manufactured post bankruptcy. If you have a stroller from before that, they've basically put you out to pasture.

I had an '05 with a busted rim and they were great. They gave me the measurements of the new wheel so I could determine if I wanted to "try" on my own and see if it fit. There wasn't much else they could do since it was an old stroller but they were very kind and stayed on the phone with me for quite awhile trying to work out a solution with me. In the end I found the part I needed at dmartstores.com

arivecchi
03-31-2011, 11:11 AM
I've only had good experiences with their CS, but I only have 2010 strollers.

salsah
03-31-2011, 11:56 AM
i was not impressed with their cs. they wanted me to take apart the stroller frame and replace a part (a job that required special tools). i never did it. they sent me the replacement part but i didn't dare take the thing apart. so i just lived with the problem. maybe i was spoiled by bj's cs (they sent me a new frame, multiple times). i thought mb was ridiculous to expect me to do something that major myself.

arivecchi
03-31-2011, 11:58 AM
Hmm. I had BJ ask me to replace 3 set of tires and a frame before finally agreeing to send me a new BJCCD. Huge PITA.

erikh
04-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Mountain buggy was going to send me a new frame, but I did not need all of that. They had trouble understanding what part I needed, so that is why they wanted a picture.

Nooknookmom
04-01-2011, 11:32 PM

Really? I recently talked to MB CS and they were awesome.

I hope OP gets the issue resolved, I emailed asking if the new hoods would fit on my '07 and ended up in a super long conversation w/ a really nice rep & I spoke to another one the next day and same thing, they were really helpful!!

swissair81
04-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Really? I recently talked to MB CS and they were awesome.

I hope OP gets the issue resolved, I emailed asking if the new hoods would fit on my '07 and ended up in a super long conversation w/ a really nice rep & I spoke to another one the next day and same thing, they were really helpful!!

I needed a part for my 06 MBUS. I ended up selling it on CL for what I could get for it, because they very snobbily told me that they only have parts for their own strollers. I also emailed, and a different person responded. If you have different information, I would be happy to hear about it.

erikh
04-02-2011, 11:06 PM
I got the parts today. I got both sets of brake pads even though I only needed one. There were no instructions but it was not too hard to figure it out. It took a couple tries to get the adjustment right but I finally got it. I really like the stroller so far.