PDA

View Full Version : Carseat switcheroo question. WWYD? Thanks!

turtlejd
03-30-2011, 07:01 PM
I have 3 kids and we drive a Honda Odyssey and a 2006 Toyota Prius. We have 6 seats:
1 Graco Safeseat stage 1 (2 bases)
2 Britax Marathons (the older versions from '06 and '08)
2 Radian XTSLs
1 Graco Turbobooster

DD1 is 6yo, 46lbs and 46" FF in the Radians. DS is almost 3, 36lbs and 36" FF in the Marathons and DD2 is 4 months RF in the Safeseat.

Currently we have a FF Radian, a FF Marathon and the Safeseat in the Odyssey and we have a FF Radian and FF Marathon in the Prius. DD2 has never ridden in the Prius. DD1 also rides in the Turbobooster occasionally and in other people's cars. We would like to be able to drive the younger 2 in the Prius since they're driven around more since they're not in school, but we would also like DD1 to be able to ride in the Prius. Basically, we'd like to be able to drive all 3 kids in the Prius, but not all at the same time. It's usually just DD1 by herself, DD1 and DS or DS and DD2. We were hoping both DD1 and DS would fit in the Radian a the same strap level, but it's a bit too high for DS.

I have had little to no luck installing seats in the middle of our Prius. Not sure why, but the belt seems to always come loose. I think I need something in the middle with a locking clip or a booster. The Radian RF in the Prius doesn't allow for anyone to sit in the front. I also haven't been able to get the Radian installed in the center well enough that I'm comfortable with. So just wondering what you'd suggest. I'm open to getting new seats. Just trying to figure out what combination is best and what would work best in the long run. TIA!