PDA

View Full Version : Little Tripper vs. Piazza Day bag

Chryz
03-31-2011, 12:56 PM
Who has one? Which one should I get?

Would it be a good bag to take on an airplane with diapers, etc? My DD will be 9 months old when we fly.

sherry7
04-02-2011, 08:13 AM
I have both of these bags, and honestly, I wouldn't use either one for an airplane trip with a baby. They are simply too small. I've never used the Piazza for the baby, but it's about the same size as the Little Tripper. In the Little Tripper, I'm only able to fit 2 bottles (side pockets), a soft pack of wipes, 2 diapers, the included changing pad, pacifier, a small wallet for myself, and a very thin extra outfit. That's pushing the capacity and the bag is nearly overfilled and hard to get stuff in and out of.

To me, the Little Tripper is a better bag for a quick trip to the store, etc.

In my opinion, bigger is better when flying with a baby because you never know if you'll get stranded in an airport, etc. If and when I fly with my baby, I'll probably use my Skip Hop Duo Deluxe. It's a little over-sized, but I can easily fit in enough supplies, as well as my own wallet, a couple of small toys, etc.

mikala
04-04-2011, 03:55 PM
I have the Piazza and it's too small for me alone for a trip, let alone me and baby.

I'd lean towards a backpack or bigger cross-body bag for your trip. A backpack would be preferable so you can put it on your back and carry baby in front. You can even use a backpack with a baby carrier like an Ergo.

There are lots of threads on traveling w/ kids but at minimum you'll want as many diapers as you could possibly need for your flights--think sudden stomach flu, long flight delays, etc. , plus a change of outfit for baby and possibly even you. Same thing with lots of snacks and formula/bottles if you aren't breastfeeding.