PDA

View Full Version : So frustrated with maternity wear especially bottoms

fedoragirl
03-31-2011, 08:48 PM
I can't seem to find proper jeans or khakis at a reasonable price. I do not want to spend more than $50 on a pair of jeans. In fact, I'd love it if I can get two pairs at that price. In the last week, I've been to Target, Old Navy, Kohl's, Ross...all the discount places and haven't found a thing that fit me.
I hate the full panels because I don't want to have another piece of fabric on my burgeoning belly. And if I try the full panels, the hips of the jeans seem to fall somewhere around my crotch, and I am not short waisted. Everything seems to sag or bunch up like pajamas--not the look I am going for.
Should I just get a couple of yoga pants and be done with it?

SnuggleBuggles
03-31-2011, 09:08 PM
Have you checked ebay? I just went there and searched for "maternity jeans" and there were bunches.

Do you have any friends you could hit up? I had to buy everything with ds1 but with ds2 I knew more people- all eager to free up some storage space in their house by lending me clothes. The mom network is good. :)

Otherwise, skirt and dress season is almost here- hang in there!!

Beth

DrSally
03-31-2011, 09:15 PM
The only pair of jeans I found that fit me were Motherhoos (got them at an outlet). Also, if I had a sagging problem, I used a very long D ring belt, and that seemed to keep them up. My sister borrowed the same belt when she was preggo.

katydid1971
03-31-2011, 09:21 PM
I loved Japanese Weekend. I would get it from Ebay. Its been a couple years but there was someone who must have lived near the outlet or something because she always had a ton of JW NWT listed. JW has the best waists they stayed up and support your tummy.
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=japanese+weekend+jeans&_sacat=See-All-Categories

hellokitty
03-31-2011, 10:12 PM
Maternity bottoms ALL suck! I don't miss them at all. Toward the warmer months at the end of DS3's pregnancy, I basically just wore dresses or skirts all of the time to avoid having to hike up maternity pant/short bottoms.

fedoragirl
03-31-2011, 11:11 PM
Oh, I have tons of dresses and skirts but I need jeans for those days when I can't be bothered with shaving my legs (note to self: give DD a laser package for her 16th birthday) and just want to be a lot more casual.
I would try ebay but what do I do if they don't fit or there's something else wrong with them? Returning them on ebay is such a hassle.
I didn't think of a D-ring belt! What a great idea.

fedoragirl
04-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Update: Went to Gap, and found the perfect cargo pants for now. Yay! And they were 50% off.

DrSally
04-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Update: Went to Gap, and found the perfect cargo pants for now. Yay! And they were 50% off.

YEah! All you need is one pair that fit great!

ahrimie
04-01-2011, 10:34 PM

Ohhh, did you get the skinny cargoes?? I tried them on but couldn't figure out what to wear them with so returned them :(

fedoragirl
04-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Yes, I love skinny jeans and find they balance well with the big, babydoll kind of tops. I wear a lot of tunics so they go well with that.

ahrimie
04-01-2011, 10:58 PM
I think my belly is just too big now... I look like I'm going to tip over!