PDA

View Full Version : Aden & Anais at Kohls

indigo99
04-01-2011, 02:03 PM
I didn't realize that they carry A&A, but they have burps, sleep bags, and blankets on their website. They have BOGO half off right now plus you can get the 30% off (SAVEATKOHLS) and free shipping (MVCFREE)if you have a Kohls card.

That's about $44 plus tax for EIGHT swaddling blankets, and they make great gifts.

scmama
04-01-2011, 05:39 PM
How did I not know that Kohl's carried Aden and Anais? Thank you OP! I just ordered dd 2 sleepsacks for $33.... love them. I now know where I'm going to be buying all my baby shower gifts at from now on. I love giving these as gifts!

azazela
04-01-2011, 05:47 PM
You guys probably already know this, but the ones in Kohls are like the ones in Target, not the boutique A+A ones. Still awesome, but not quite the same IYKWIM.

lovebargains
04-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Does the tag say something like "Made for Kohls" ?

star04
04-01-2011, 10:25 PM
You guys probably already know this, but the ones in Kohls are like the ones in Target, not the boutique A+A ones. Still awesome, but not quite the same IYKWIM.

Is there a way to tell the difference when buying online?

azazela
04-02-2011, 06:30 AM
Is there a way to tell the difference when buying online?

I think the designs are different from the ones on the A+A website. Also, one good way to tell is to check swaddle blanket size. The boutique ones are 47x47 while the ones at Target/Kohls/etc are 44x44.

scooba's wife
04-02-2011, 10:58 AM
The A+A patterns and colors Kohls carries are the same ones the BRU and Buy Buy Baby carry. But Kohl's marked them up - at BRU and Buy Buy Baby the 4 pack of blankets is only $30 plus you can use 20% off coupons on them.

ElspethCordelia
04-02-2011, 02:25 PM
I need two summer sleepsacks for my daughter. I just checked the price of buying two at BBB vs Kohl's.

BBB - $33.92
Kohl's - - $33.39

Not a great savings, but I don't have to drive across town to BuyBuyBaby or track down two coupons!

indigo99
04-02-2011, 04:55 PM
With free returns to the store, I'm still trying them. DS wasn't a small baby, and the "boutique" size had plenty of extra room for the first few months that we swaddled so a bit smaller should be fine.

azazela
04-02-2011, 06:42 PM
With free returns to the store, I'm still trying them. DS wasn't a small baby, and the "boutique" size had plenty of extra room for the first few months that we swaddled so a bit smaller should be fine.

Absolutely. I didn't mean to dissuade you or anything. I just wanted to make sure you knew that they were different. It's no fun to buy something online and then have it end up being different than what you expected.

indigo99
04-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Received the blankets and wanted to follow up on this. I'm one of those people who can sometimes be a product snob, and I am willing to pay more if I think that something is better. However, so far I don't see any reason to pay more for the boutique-sized blankets.

The difference in size doesn't seem to be a problem as it is very small really. The weave is different, but the fabric doesn't feel cheaper, thinner, more coarse etc. Granted, I haven't washed the new ones yet, but so far I am happy with these and wouldn't pay the price difference for a couple of extra inches.

Mom PhD
04-10-2011, 12:11 AM
I was told by a boutique owner that theirs are organic and the ones at Target are not. I haven't confirmed that with the company though so I'm not sure about that.

mikala
04-10-2011, 09:31 AM
I was told by a boutique owner that theirs are organic and the ones at Target are not. I haven't confirmed that with the company though so I'm not sure about that.

A+A does have an organic collection (http://www.adenandanais.com/shop/organic.aspx) but they are more expensive and their "classic (http://www.adenandanais.com/shop/classic.aspx)" line is not organic.

scmama
04-10-2011, 11:44 AM
I got my 2 sleepsacks in the mail yesterday and they have the same tag on them as the regular aden and anais ones I already had. So at least they are the same as far as sleepsacks go. I love them and I'm so excited about the deal I got on them. Thanks again for posting about this Indigo99!!

94bruin
04-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Does anyone know why some sleep sacks are regularly $42 and others are $30?

scmama
04-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Does anyone know why some sleep sacks are regularly $42 and others are $30?

The $42 ones are the thicker (4 layers) sleepsacks... I used those during the winter months. The $30 dollar ones are the lighter ones... I bought these to use through the summer.

ElspethCordelia
04-10-2011, 06:27 PM
My sleep sacks came a few days ago too. They have a good zipper pull like the "boutique" a+a sleep sacks I have. The Target a+a sleep sacks zipper pull wasn't as nice.