PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Need advice on a double

rosesd
04-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Hi. I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 5 month old. We have an Indie Twin but are selling it and are now looking for a new stroller. I researched so much before my daughter was born and settled on the indie and now feel like I am back at square one and am not sure what to do. Any ideas/opinions are greatly appreciated!

Things I like about the indie:
kids can see each other and play with each other
plenty of space for my kiddos (we aren't big people)
good storage
great push

Things I don't like:
big, bulky, hard to get in and out of car, hard to push around smaller places like the mall

I do exercise with the kids 3x a week so I need something that can handle that. Other than that we go to the mall, zoo, sea world, etc. My son often doesn't want to ride in the stroller so I am not sure I need a double, but sometimes I have to strap him in if I am alone. I thought about getting a single and then just carrying the baby in my Ergo if I need to put my toddler in the stroller, but in a few months it will be hot and she will be heavier and I am not sure if I will like that. I would consider buying a cheaper double (like the instep) for exercising and then something else for use at other times. I am just not really sure what to get at this point. Help! Thanks :-)

scriptkitten
04-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Why not keep the indie for outdoors (or get a bob) and an inline (b-ready or P&T explorer) or a bjcm for the car?

If you find the indie too wide for indoors you may not like any sbs indoors. I understand about it being too bulky for a car stroller however.

I don't think that any double "does it all"... That's why all of us here have so many :)

chozen
04-01-2011, 06:38 PM
i have been thinking about getting a joovy ultalight, i know some really like them and others not so much, but it sounds like it might be a good fit for you?

newg
04-01-2011, 06:41 PM
I do an exercise class with my girls (3yrs. and 8months) and there is another mommy with twins that uses a BJCMD. It's a stroller exercise class. I don't know much about the BJCMD, but it might be lighter than the Indie twin and a touch faster to fold. It's still a SBS though, which some stores just don't do a good job accomidating.........
A Phil and Ted with a doubles kit, would be good, but the kids wouldn't be next to eachother............which is the big reason why I went with the indie twin; DD1 wants to be next to DD2, loves holding her hand and trying to calm her down..........
Like PP said, you might just have to find another double to fit all your needs........

rosesd
04-02-2011, 11:56 PM
I don't want to invest a small fortune in strollers so I'd rather buy 1 that will meet most of my needs or buy 2 less expensive strollers. I'd consider an inline I just want to have room for storage.

Khalana
04-03-2011, 11:26 AM
The B Ready has a HUGE storage basket. We just got ours yesterday and I'm officially in love. :love5: But it is pretty wide and heavy for an inline so I don't know if it will work for you.

roseyloxs
04-03-2011, 06:18 PM
You are not going to find a side by side stroller that can work for exercising and be smaller then the indie twin. When does the duet come out again?

I think your most obvious choice is going to be the phil and ted explorer if you want one stroller to do it all. It has its downsides too though.

logan's mom
04-04-2011, 05:04 PM
I just got a 2010 Baby Jogger City Select on closeout and I am LOVING it. It can be used as a single or add a second seat for 2. Both seats are full size, can both front, back, each other, one front, one back, etc. The basket under is huge. It can accommodate car seats or you can get the bassinet attachment (why?, i dunno) I picked it over the B-ready because I felt bad that the new baby would have to ride so low to the ground and looking at big brother's butt.

arivecchi
04-04-2011, 05:12 PM
You need air tires for exercising so I would not look at the Select or B-Ready. I would keep the Indie or get a Phil and Ted's with doubles kit.