PDA

View Full Version : After the TurboBooster?

new_mommy25
04-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Ugh, I thought I was done buying car seats but apparently not. DS is on the highest height for his TB and I anticipate he will be outgrowing it sometime this year. Now what? I don't want to spend a lot, and I really would like this to be the last car seat I have to buy for the boy! The seat will be in our van which does not have head rests. We will be replacing that car soon but I'm not exactly sure when. He sits in a Nautilus in booster mode in our other car. I'd like something roomier than the TB. The TB seems narrow and I think I would have had to replace it eventually anyway even if DS did not outgrow it by height.

DS is 7.5, 52", about 57#.

eta: This is our "spare" seat. DS does not ride in the car often or for long distances. We take the TB when we travel.

sariana
04-01-2011, 07:42 PM
I am not the best person to answer your post, but could you maybe move the Nautilus to the van and use the TB in backless mode in whatever your other car is? It seems that your DS is big enough to use a booster in backless mode, assuming your "other car" has headrests. I seem to remember seeing posts that said that a backless booster is just as safe as a high-back one as long as the car meets certain criteria.

ETA: I realize you said the TB is getting too narrow, too. I was thinking of ^ as an interim measure until you know when you are getting a new vehicle and what it is going to be. At that point you could reassess your needs.

jjordan
04-01-2011, 08:46 PM
OP makes a good point - if you are okay with a backless in the other car, then you could use the turbo (backless) there and move the nautilus to the other car. I'm guessing you don't want to do that because you like the nautilus being the primary seat though? So, if you want another high back booster, I'd try the Sunshine Kids monterey.

bubbaray
04-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Yup, move the GN to the van (no headrests, so you want a highback of some sort there) and use the TB backless in the main car.