PDA

View Full Version : G-luxe again

lhafer
04-02-2011, 12:14 PM
So I bought the 2010 Mac Triumph not long ago. I really do like it, but I can't get the new 2011 G-Luxe out of my head. Of course it came out a couple of weeks after I bought the Triumph, and I immediately wished I had gone with it. So I am thinking about selling my Volo (brand new condition practically) and Triumph to get the G-Luxe.

When I was researching, I thought I would use my BJCM mostly, and just use the umbrella for dr office visits, traveling, etc. But I am finding myself reaching for the Triumph 60% of the time over the BJCM (which are both kept in my car). I tend to use the BJCM for when I need the shade/canopy or when I am shopping and need a stronger stroller to hold my bags.

The reason I didn't go with the G-Luxe to begin with is because I thought it was too much like my BJCM. But now that I am realizing that I tend to utilize the umbrella stroller more than I thought - I am kind of regretting not going with the G-Luxe. I like the deeper recline, the foot rest on the 2011, and the fabric on the 2011, and the better canopy vs the Triumph.

So should I sell the Triumph and get the G-Luxe? My baby is 13 months old, so we still have several years of stroller use. Oh, and I pushed both my 5 year old and the 1 year old around in the store yesterday (carpeted floors) in both strollers, and definitely noticed a weight difference in the Triumph, but the G-Luxe was just as easy to push one handed with my 5 year old in it!!

Multimama
04-02-2011, 12:39 PM
I really can't advise on the Triumph vs. G-luxe, but I wanted to say that contrary to popular opinion, our scientific analysis seemed to show that the G-luxe recline is actually almost identical to the Triumph recline. The difference we measured was only 3 degrees. (Check out the thread "stroller reclines.")

I did love the fabrics and canopy on the G-luxe when I checked it out and I love having a footrest for my kiddo, but at the same time I probably wouldn't sell a Triumph for a 13 month old to buy one, unless you think you would sell your BJCM too and make it your one and only.

lhafer
04-02-2011, 12:55 PM
I really can't advise on the Triumph vs. G-luxe, but I wanted to say that contrary to popular opinion, our scientific analysis seemed to show that the G-luxe recline is actually almost identical to the Triumph recline. The difference we measured was only 3 degrees. (Check out the thread "stroller reclines.")

I did love the fabrics and canopy on the G-luxe when I checked it out and I love having a footrest for my kiddo, but at the same time I probably wouldn't sell a Triumph for a 13 month old to buy one, unless you think you would sell your BJCM too and make it your one and only.

I DO like my Triumph. Just not LOVING it I guess. But I do use it quite a bit.

The thing is, my DD2 is going to be heavier than my DD1. My DD1 is very petite, and only weighs 34 pounds fully clothed at 5 years old. My DD2 is already 20 pounds at 12 months old. So the really easy push of the G-luxe with my 5 year old had me really thinking about it. Plus I could get my fully loaded Versa bag in the basket of the G-Luxe.

I need to hear reasons NOT to sell the Triumph at this point. And I probably wouldn't sell my BJCM at this point. If I found i was really only using the G-Luxe, then maybe. But right now I would say it's pretty 50/50...even 60/40 for the Triumph over the BJCM when I reach for a stroller.

And the whole reason I didn't get the G-luxe to begin with is because I thought it was too similar to my BJCM. And maybe it is. But I am not ready to sell the CM just yet.

Kaylee31
04-02-2011, 04:44 PM
I need to hear reasons NOT to sell the Triumph at this point. And I probably wouldn't sell my BJCM at this point. If I found i was really only using the G-Luxe, then maybe. But right now I would say it's pretty 50/50...even 60/40 for the Triumph over the BJCM when I reach for a stroller.

And the whole reason I didn't get the G-luxe to begin with is because I thought it was too similar to my BJCM. And maybe it is. But I am not ready to sell the CM just yet.

Sorry to enable, but I think you should sell the Triumph (since you don't love it) and get the G-Luxe (since you already tested it and seem to like it). The g-luxe has everything the Triumph does, but also has the bigger canopy. Then I would consider selling the BJCM in 6 months - year if the g-luxe is working for you. As your DD2 gets older, the full recline and features of the BJCM aren't really necessary imo-- and you have your BJCC to pick up the slack of the g-luxe, KWIM?
P.S. I bought the Triumph based on your awesome pics & reviews a while ago. I really like mine, but I think I'm going to sell it now that I have the FF Superlite. I still love my BJCM, but don't use it very often anymore. I'm mainly holding on to it for a future DC.

lhafer
04-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Thanks Kaylee!

I love my BJCM, and just used it to go to the gym pool. I won't get rid of it any time soon.

I got my girls a radio flyer wagon for christmas. I plan on using it for trips to the zoo, etc. I realyy rarely use the Classic. But I won't get rid of it either.

we won't be having any more children. So keeping them for future kids is futile. I plan on selling the Macs before getting the g-luxe. I am not sure which color to get. I have 2 girls, but I love the teal.

does anuone know if the Mac liners fit the G-luxe? I just got a liner for the triumph, and need to decide if I should sell it with the stroller or keep it. If I kept it, I would need to go with the red one.

liamsmom
04-02-2011, 07:00 PM
I can't comment specifically on the G-luxe, but I've used my Mac liners on my BJCC, Rad, Chicco Liteway, and Macs--duh. They are pretty universal.

I think teal is just fine for girls. Sell the Triumph w/ the liner and be done with both of them so you can have the umbrella you truly like. :love-retry:

purpelina
04-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Heck, I sold a triumph to get another triumph (similar condition, just different fabric and a different buckle, he-he:))

If you really want the g-luxe and think it'll fit your needs better - get it!
You got a good deal on the triumph, so it shouldn't be a big loss (if a loss at all!)

You could also order g-lux from a place with easy returns and compare both side by side. You might fall back in love with the triumph, and send the g-luxe back, or this comparison will reinforce your decision to part with the triumph.

ashleybama24
04-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Sell the Triumph. It will bug you every day and you won't be totally satisfied if you don't. And I LOVE teal or even blue for girls. It looks so good with magenta or even purple.

mackmama
04-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Although it might not make total "sense" to sell the Triumph for the GLuxe, I think you should love your stroller. If you can do it financially even if you take a small loss on the Triumph, I say go for it if you've test-driven the GLuxe and are sure it'll meet your hopes :)

Jelly Bean
04-02-2011, 11:16 PM
I gave my Quest to my parents and got a G-Luxe instead. The canopy is fantastic! The lack of a real canopy on the Quest really really really bugged me.

2 things:

The teal is gorgeous. I think it works for boys or girls.

You should sell the Mac liner. The G-Luxe has the most amazing padding on the seat that is easily removable and washable, so no need to cover it up.

ahrimie
04-02-2011, 11:44 PM
I have the teal.... LOVE the color! It's so vibrant and the canopy really IS awesome :)