PDA

View Full Version : Bring proof that child is <3 ?

mom2MandC
04-02-2011, 10:27 PM
I see that children under three are free, but do you have to bring any proof of the child's age?
Thank you!

Momof3Labs
04-02-2011, 10:48 PM
No, Disney doesn't ask for anything. DS1 was super, super tall, though, so I carried a copy of his birth certificate just in case. I did have one security guy roll his eyes at us and it was nice to know that I had that in my bag should he push the issue.

DietCokeLover
04-02-2011, 11:06 PM
We were not asked for anything. DD turned 3 while we were there (so she was very close to the age and looked very close to the age) and no one questioned us at all.

(FTR: We purchased a ticket for her the days she after she turned 3)

Raidra
04-03-2011, 02:10 AM
Fiona looks and acts at least 3 (she's still 2), but nobody questioned us at all. It probably helped that she was riding in the stroller.

liz
04-03-2011, 06:52 AM
Not for Disney, but if you are flying, definitely yes. I have seen parents have to buy tickets at the ticket counter right before the flight (yikes). It wasn't a pretty situation.

When the kids were young, I had copies made of their birth certificate as well as small laminated copies to bring with us on trips.

JTsMom
04-03-2011, 07:50 AM
I believe it's against their policy to ask for it, but don't quote me on that. DCL- you shouldn't have needed to buy that ticket! It's supposed to go by the age your child is when you arrive.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1713669

egoldber
04-03-2011, 08:01 AM
No, they don't ask for proof.

However, if you buy tickets at the hotel (like with a package), they will have your child's birthday in their records. So for many it is a moot issue.

We are dealing with older DD being 10, and an "adult" for tickets and dining, when we go this fall. That's a shock to the wallet. ;)

DietCokeLover
04-03-2011, 08:07 AM
I believe it's against their policy to ask for it, but don't quote me on that. DCL- you shouldn't have needed to buy that ticket! It's supposed to go by the age your child is when you arrive.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1713669

No!!!! Ugh. Well, at least her ticket was under a special military promotion and was only $99, but still.... Ugh.

JTsMom
04-03-2011, 09:50 AM
Sorry. :hug: I debated about posting that, but I didn't want anyone else to end up in the same position. Surely you earned some good karma if nothing else!

mariza
04-04-2011, 07:32 AM
Not for Disney, but if you are flying, definitely yes. I have seen parents have to buy tickets at the ticket counter right before the flight (yikes). It wasn't a pretty situation.

When the kids were young, I had copies made of their birth certificate as well as small laminated copies to bring with us on trips.

:yeahthat:

egoldber
04-04-2011, 07:53 AM
I have seen parents have to buy tickets at the ticket counter right before the flight (yikes).

I think that this is generally for people trying to fly with kids as lap babies under 2.

Neelloc
04-04-2011, 11:23 AM
We went when my DD was almost 3. It was March and she was turning 3 in May. She is tall for her age so I did bring a copy of her birth certificate in case they asked at the gate. We just went for 1 day.

I have heard that they will ask a child their age if they suspect that a child is way over 3.

crazydiamond
04-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Nope. DD is two months away from 3. She is in the 95 percentile for height. We had only one person (out of 5 days) ask if she had a ticket and we responded she was under 3. Also she got to eat free at breakfasts. Yep, was a big savings for this trip!