PDA

View Full Version : Schleich clearance Target YMMV

Melaine
04-03-2011, 07:35 AM
I was super excited to find most of the Schleich animals and a few of the sets on clearance. They were all at three price points, IIRC: .71, 1.12, and 1.79? They had some of the knights and soldiers sets on clearance and the dalmatian family set was only $3.xx!!!

I am going to go check out the other Target, because these are some of my kids favorite toys. The other day we were at a friends house and saw one of the Schleich horses we gave them as a party favor TWO years ago. They are also great toys to tuck into the Christmas boxes for Samaritan's Purse. I hope it wasn't just my local store, this is a great deal.

elliput
04-03-2011, 08:00 AM
I'm a Schleich junkie, so I guess a trip to Target is in order. DS also loves the horses.

Melaine
04-03-2011, 08:02 AM
I remember last year we went to Target and all the Schleich bins were completely empty. I just knew they had gone on clearance and I had missed it. I had such a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.:rotflmao:

Glad that I didn't miss it this year!

athompson
04-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Thanks Melaine! That little dog family is adorable and there was one left. We also got the fairy/elf on the horse and it is just beautiful. Thanks for the heads up:)

Seitvonzu
04-03-2011, 01:52 PM
thanks, i think ;) we too got the dalmation family and a bunch of other stuff (cows...lots of cows) and mama/baby pairs. i was good about not loading up on horses...but i'll probably regret that when we get to a horse phase. i had to stop myself somehow!

i only was able to get ONE bunny at three different targets....(one of the targets i went to didn't even have the display though) i was temptered to run all over creation , but there is always tomorrow, and if they are there now (survived saturday) i'm guessing tomorrow is just as good. (plus they are far, and maybe by tomorrow i'll come to my senses)

georgiegirl
04-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the tip! O just picked up 14 animals for $15. I got 4 horses, a few small dogs, mama and baby penguins, rhino, kangaroo, wolf, and a raccoon. Maybe ill go to another target tomorrow.

Corie
04-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Thanks Melaine!

I was at Target earlier and I had not seen your post. I'll head
over to Target tomorrow and see what I can find!

JTsMom
04-03-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm seeing an Easter basket full of animals in someone's future!

Avispa
04-03-2011, 06:31 PM
I was at two Target today, none of them had any Schleich on sale :(

PAfirsttimemom
04-03-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm seeing an Easter basket full of animals in someone's future!

They'd be great in the Easter basket. I've also put smaller ones in the plastic eggs the Easter Bunny hides for DC.

mskitty
04-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I picked up an elephant, giraffe, horse and couple of Holsteins. Future farm livestock and toys to put in the diaper bag when we go to the zoo this summer.

mskitty

iaam
04-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Thanks OP! I wanted to get out of the house with DD so we made a quick trip to Target and picked up up four sets.

kissmekate
04-03-2011, 10:15 PM
Definitely make sure you scan them. Our Target did not have clearance stickers on any of them. Strangely enough, there were signs that said "price cut". It was very vague as to which ones, so scan, scan, scan. I got the dalmatian dog set, a foal, baby ducklings and baby penguins, a turtle, a horse, and a cowboy/horse set. I may even go back to another Target tomorrow to see if I can find anymore.

I think I like these more than my kiddos do! :love-retry:

Avispa
04-03-2011, 10:51 PM
Definitely make sure you scan them. Our Target did not have clearance stickers on any of them. Strangely enough, there were signs that said "price cut". It was very vague as to which ones, so scan, scan, scan. I got the dalmatian dog set, a foal, baby ducklings and baby penguins, a turtle, a horse, and a cowboy/horse set. I may even go back to another Target tomorrow to see if I can find anymore.

I think I like these more than my kiddos do! :love-retry:

so not all of them are on clearance? There was no sign where I went, and I scanned only one of them (a zebra) and it was full price so I didn't look further... Maybe I should go back tomorrow.

kissmekate
04-04-2011, 12:16 AM
I don't believe they are all on clearance. I scanned a couple of the bigger sets and they were regular price. I'm going back tomorrow to see what I can find!

baileygirl
04-04-2011, 02:58 AM
Thanks OP! They weren't marked, but when I scanned some of the items (puppies, horses, turtle, frog, penguin, cow) they showed the lower price. For PP the zebra scanned at the regular price.

Seitvonzu
04-04-2011, 08:13 AM
i scanned a zebra and a lion-- both full price. they had yellow on the tag if i remember correctly? only certain "lines" (by color ) were on sale. it didn't seem to be type of animal-- for example, the elephant i got was a gray dot on the sticker and he WAS on sale (so not all african animals are or aren't)

we got cows, bull, ducklings (so cute, i think i should have gotten a few of those), drake, a bunny(would love about 10 more of these...so much that i'm considering annoying my mom about it :), meerkat!, turtle, mama/baby giraffe, penguin, baby penguins, dalmation family, kangaroo, joey, and probably some more i can't remember right now :)

i could have gotten a bazillion dogs or horses, but i left them for someone else ;)

Seitvonzu
04-04-2011, 08:14 AM
and i am considering yet another target today...it's sorta far though and the last one i checked didn't even HAVE schleich !!??! AT ALL. (it was okay though since they had something else i was looking for...but STILL?)

Melaine
04-04-2011, 08:16 AM
I may hit up my third Target as well, Seitvonzu so funny that you found so many horses and dogs...those were high on my list and none at the one I visited yesterday.
Bunnies would have been fun but I didn't see any of those either.

Seitvonzu
04-04-2011, 08:27 AM
that is funny melaine-- both of my "regular" targets had lots of dogs (only one dalamation family pack though...but both had huskys? (is that the sled dog? that's what the were...but the babies were "playing" (err..fighting?) and it looked a little too realistic to me)

only one had horses...but they had LOTS. i know i'll be kicking myself on that and i'm considering going back. we have a big plan farm....so it might be good. ugh. do i sound convinced yet? (it might depend on finding the bunnies i guess... i was thinking they'd be a good alt. to the small stuffed bunny i give everyone at my easter party)

ElspethCordelia
04-04-2011, 10:13 AM
I went this morning, but my Target had nothing on sale. I'd love a bunny! Maybe I need to go to the other two Targets today too...

Avispa
04-04-2011, 10:37 AM
awesome, thank you everyone for posting what you got (and the hint about the dots on the labels). I'll head over there this morning!

Binkandabee
04-04-2011, 12:41 PM
I'm heading to Target at lunch. These are DD's favorite toys by far! I hope there's some left.

JanBaby
04-04-2011, 12:51 PM
I went this morning, but my Target had nothing on sale. I'd love a bunny! Maybe I need to go to the other two Targets today too...

Ditto. I scanned most of the animals that PPs mentioned and all came up full price. I hope my Target is on a delayed schedule or something. I would love to pick up a few of these for the Easter basket.

Corie
04-04-2011, 01:47 PM
so not all of them are on clearance?

No, not all of them are on clearance. My son and I just got back
from Target. We were scanning as many as we could grab.

Avispa
04-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Again, thank you so much for posting this! I was at one Target where nothing was marked down, but scanned, and scanned and found tons! I got a mama raccoon with baby raccoons (so cute), ducklings, cows, like 6-7 different horses, a penguin with babies (also adorable), 2 sets of dalmatians, and more (I can remember all I got now). It felt like Borders sale again :) I left the dragons and knights sets behind because I doubt that my 2yr old DD would be into that. They seemed to be great deals though!

At the other Target things were marked down so there was barely anything left, but I scored an elephant and a giraffe (couldn't believe these were the ones left behind!).

I didn't find any bunnies though... maybe I'll hit another Target later this afternoon.

Corie
04-04-2011, 02:00 PM
I ended up with 6 bunnies. (There are 3 different styles of
bunnies. One bunny is white & black with polka dots on his
behind. I didn't like how this bunny looked. I left this bunny.
The other 2 styles are adorable!! I bought these styles.)

I got 2 dogs that look like our yellow lab.

I got a mallard for my husband's desk at work. :)

I got a super cool dragon for $4. I think it was marked $16.
Thought it would be fun with all the Playmobil Knights stuff that
we have.

My Target had tons!!! I left everything else behind except what
I bought.

LMPC
04-04-2011, 02:17 PM
North Hills' Target had lots left....dogs, horses, dalmatian sets, random animals (giraffe, hedgehog, ducks). There weren't any bunnies. And animals like the lion, tiger, alligator were all full price.

ElspethCordelia
04-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Y'all are making me jealous. I made my husband take me to another Target after lunch. They didn't even have any Schleich at all! Maybe I'll try the other 2 stores on my way to work...

Binkandabee
04-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Wohoo! Thanks for posting this! My store had them marked, but it wasn't noticeable that they were 75% off. It is by colored dot. So, the red, grey and green are all marked down....the yellow ones all rang up full price.

I picked these up:

Dalmation set
Elf on a white horse
Black knight on black horse
2 bunnies
A penguin and a baby penguin set
A duck and a baby duck set
A racoon and baby racoon set
A hedgehog and a baby hedgehog set
Wolf (hoping to hunt down the baby)
Several horses with foals

I left behind the dogs, but there were lots of them, just no matching parent/baby sets so I passed. I also left behind a lot of horses and a variety of cows/bulls.

LMPC
04-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Wake Forest Target (near 98 and 1) has lots left. A few bunnies, dogs (lots), giraffe, cows, horses (and more horses).

Thanks OP -- these are going in the Easter basket and up for Xmas!!!

Seitvonzu
04-04-2011, 03:46 PM
well, after nature tots, and with a chik fil a stop between...we hit up two more targets.

at the first-- *lesigh* no bunnies... i DID succumb to the horses. i just couldn't stand it. i'm pretty sure horses will be a phase. and we do have a big barn/stable. we also got a couple pretty elf/fairy girls that i'll put away for the future.

then as i was checking out i asked the girl on a whim "where is the next closest target?"

oh LORD the bunnies. we got over a dozen ... and i believe there are FOUR styles...lopear, a grey, a black and white patchy one and a black and white dots one (yes, that's not the cutest)

so yes! bunnies :) and i picked up that cool dragon. and a hedgehog mom for our hedgehog babies...and a raccon mama (and babies )-- i'd skipped those early, but last night..when i was up WAY TO LATE... i heard the craziest news next to the computer window. it was clearly happening in our garbage cans, but being the non-nature person i am i thought it was a person, so i went and turned on the light and a RACCOON was totally staring at me from inside our trash can. i can't wait to ask dh about it when he gets home from work :)-- so anyhow, when i saw the "mama" those were a natural. i also saw a unicorn so i snagged that :) cool! also some "extra' ducks and frogs...and yet more horses because apparently we went horse crazy. and then a moose because my child was all "we need this moose."

it was a little nuts.

so now i have a bunch of bunnies for my easter party giveaways-- thank you ! (i think :)

littlebird
04-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Nothing was marked at my Target either, BUT I found several things that were on sale. When I say several, I think I may have gone overboard...19 individual animals (3 of these were a few babies together) and 2 dog sets! None of the other sets, including the fairy or knight sets rang up at a reduced price.

I didn't find an elephant or giraffe, so I may go to another Target to try my luck. We didn't have any Schleich before today. That's my excuse! :wink2:

Thanks (I think) for the heads up OP!

Corie
04-04-2011, 04:05 PM
i also saw a unicorn so i snagged that :) cool!

Was your unicorn standing on all 4 legs or was it reared up & only
standing on 2 legs?

missym
04-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Thanks for posting! At one Target yesterday, I found assorted penguins, wolves, and other animals - all with red dots on the tags. Then at today's Target, I hit the horse jackpot. We already have a full stable, so I only bought a few of the prettier ones, but they had so many - all the ones with grey dots were clearanced. I also scored a knights set and a dragon. :boogie:

Circo yoga pants for girls were marked down to $1.74 at my store - they mostly had larger sizes left.

Seitvonzu
04-04-2011, 04:09 PM
in an effort to make just about everyone feel better:
1 damaltion set
1 dragon
1 unicorn
1 elfen feya
1 elfen surah
1 moose
1 small pug dog
1 warthog
1 rhino
1 elephant
1 meerkat
1 turtle
2 holstein cows (each is different -one is a bull i guess)
1 brown and white bull
1 brown/horn bull
1 mallard drake
3 ducklings
4 frogs
1 set of dalmations
1 penguin
1 penguin chicks
1 hedgehog
1 hedgehog babies
1 giraffe
1 giraffe baby
1 raccoon
1 raccoon babies
1 joey
6 grey bunnies
4 lop-ear bunnies
3 white with black ear bunnies
1 standing bunny
2 foals
10 horses

i also bought 2 things that were yellow labels by accident- so those will go back! (there now, doesn't everyone feel better ;))

Corie
04-04-2011, 04:09 PM
These are the 3 rabbits that my Target store had in stock.

http://www.schleich-s.com/en/action_figure/collectables/product_range/world_of_nature/wild_life/wild_rabbit/index.html

http://www.schleich-s.com/en/action_figure/collectables/product_range/world_of_nature/farm_life/dwarf_lop/index.html

This is the one that I didn't like. Just my opinion.
http://www.schleich-s.com/en/action_figure/collectables/product_range/world_of_nature/farm_life/rabbit_black-white/index.html

Binkandabee
04-04-2011, 04:10 PM
standing on 2 legs?

I'd like to know, too! My store had the one reared up...but it didn't appear marked down so I didn't bother scanning it. DD would LOVE a unicorn.

Seitvonzu
04-04-2011, 04:11 PM
our unicorn is standing on all four legs. i'd never actually seen that one before (even though i've looked at the fantasy figures before.) she's very very pretty (we have a winged horse (not a unicorn) from another company (i think i got it at michaels) that we call a hippogriff like the one that is in an obscure book lucy used to be obssessed with )

JanBaby
04-04-2011, 04:12 PM
These are the 3 rabbits that my Target store had in stock.

http://www.schleich-s.com/en/action_figure/collectables/product_range/world_of_nature/wild_life/wild_rabbit/index.html

http://www.schleich-s.com/en/action_figure/collectables/product_range/world_of_nature/farm_life/dwarf_lop/index.html

This is the one that I didn't like. Just my opinion.
http://www.schleich-s.com/en/action_figure/collectables/product_range/world_of_nature/farm_life/rabbit_black-white/index.html

Corie - which Target did you hit up?

Corie
04-04-2011, 04:14 PM
our unicorn is standing on all four legs. i'd never actually seen that one before (even though i've looked at the fantasy figures before.) she's very very pretty (we have a winged horse (not a unicorn) from another company (i think i got it at michaels) that we call a hippogriff like the one that is in an obscure book lucy used to be obssessed with )

My Target had the unicorn that is reared up & only standing on 2 legs.
I thought it was nice but I would prefer one standing on all 4 legs.

I just thought it would be hard to keep it balanced on the 2 legs. That
would be extremely frustrating for me! :)

Corie
04-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Corie - which Target did you hit up?

I went to Milford. They have tons and tons of it. Pretty much
almost everything listed is still at Milford.

I bought all the bunnies except for the black and white bunny.
There are 2 there.

JanBaby
04-04-2011, 04:20 PM
I went to Milford. They have tons and tons of it. Pretty much
almost everything listed is still at Milford.

I bought all the bunnies except for the black and white bunny.
There are 2 there.

Excellent thanks! Now to decide if I should go today or wait until Wednesday when I drive down 275 and pass right by it...

Seitvonzu
04-04-2011, 04:21 PM
just realized that one of my yellow labels was rung up in a batch with the "grey horses"
hrm.....
11 horses is excessive, right?

Corie
04-04-2011, 04:25 PM

Just a *tad*. :)

Dcclerk
04-04-2011, 04:27 PM
standing on 2 legs?

I got a unicorn, and it was standing on all 4 legs. I didn't see any of the 2-legged varieties. HTH!

BTW OP-- many, many thanks! These will be great for the Easter baskets. I just wish the pegasuses (sp?) were on sale, too. My unicorn-obsessed little one is going to be over the moon with these! And, I LOVE the dog sets that we got.

Binkandabee
04-04-2011, 04:30 PM
just realized that one of my yellow labels was rung up in a batch with the "grey horses"
hrm.....

I'd say so lol. My DD is obsessed with horses (she is going to a horse camp this summer and she takes horse back riding lessons) and even she didn't make out with that many. She got 4.

missym
04-04-2011, 04:43 PM
hrm.....

It depends on the level of horse-craziness we're talking about. :wink2: I just bought 6 to supplement the herd - I'd guess we have 20+ assorted horses, not counting My Little Pony. Add another 15 of those at least.

Maxlee
04-04-2011, 05:31 PM
None were on sale at my target (chicago) - i scanned a whole bunch of them (that people mentioned) and they all rang up full price! :irked:

Seitvonzu
04-04-2011, 07:48 PM
okay- it's TOTALLY excessive. i did mention that the bunnies are being given away , right?
and we aren't getting the horses right now. those are in a bag waiting, as are all the fantasy things. so they might end up gifts for others. we'll see. or i might take them back. then someone will be so happy to find "random" clearance horses. we'll see tomorrow :)

the only thing we might play with right away are the cows. i got our barn set out for the playdate we host tomorrow... and i think it might be "dairy" day at the farm. :)

ElspethCordelia
04-04-2011, 09:19 PM
Okay. I've been to 4 local Targets today. One didn't have any at all. (I wasn't too surprised, it's the lame Target.) Two didn't have anything on sale. Thankfully I did find one with a few. They were marked, but not with clearance tags.

I got 2 tortoises, raccoon, baby raccoons, ducklings, long-horn cattle, baby penguins and a wolf. I also got one dalmatian box set.

I really wanted some bunnies!

sewarsh
04-04-2011, 10:55 PM
I got some of the same stuff as the others mentioned, but wanted to mention that there are these sets of 3 warrior men (3 different styles at my Target) adn they were all on sale for $4.

Also, the standing unicorn on 4 legs and the standing unicorn on 2 legs was NOT on sale, but the unicorn with the fairy on it was on sale.

Also, i got a cowboy with a lasso sitting on a horse also on sale for $4.

Also, animal figurines not mentioned in older posts (at least not that i saw) that were on sale included killer whale, brachiosaurus and shark.

Melarina
04-05-2011, 12:07 AM
Thank you so so so so so much!!!

Found a bunch. Red, green, gray tags.

:jammin:

Avispa
04-05-2011, 12:51 AM
In addition to what has been mentioned so far, I also found on sale:

leopard cub
gazelle
baby kangaroo
white tiger cub
squirrel
wolf howling
wolf cub
wolverine
cat

I'm trying to convince myself that I do not need to go back to get the cowboy with a lasso that I saw but didn't scanned...

sewarsh
04-05-2011, 07:44 AM
I'm trying to convince myself that I do not need to go back to get the cowboy with a lasso that I saw but didn't scanned...

If it means anything to you, the cowboy comes off the horse too...

Ceepa
04-05-2011, 08:32 AM
So basically the red, grey and green tags should be on sale?

Melaine
04-05-2011, 08:43 AM
You guys are a lot smarted than I was. I did see some colors on the clearance tags but didn't think it through very far. I just picked up a bunch of stuff and took it to the scanner to check the prices. I'm glad some of ya'll are finding some deals, I still kind of want to check out our third Target to see if I might find more of the tiny animals.

LMPC
04-05-2011, 08:53 AM
Yep...that seems to be the pattern.

Seitvonzu
04-05-2011, 09:05 AM
i believe on the "price cut" tags on the shelves it they will be labelled iwth something like "green .74", "red 1.12" and "grey 1.74"

when someone else mentioned a knight set, i realized i didn't put that on my list -- i got one (the later saw a cool black knight on a horse that i did NOT get) for my nephew to send for easter (last year he declared his playmobil pirate takealong (one dollar from borders sale) "the best present i ever got...ever"-- big shoes to fill, eh?)

and honestly-- i did see tons of dogs , a cat (just one, it was sorta weird looking), killer whales ( icould have sworn the tag was yellow on those), dinosaurs (thought again the tags were wrong?) and the cowboy on the horse. so there were SOME (precious few) things we skipped ;)

still thinking about our horses... *sigh*

Avispa
04-05-2011, 09:17 AM
If it means anything to you, the cowboy comes off the horse too...

ohhhh I have to go back now... maybe I'll check for others, but I pretty much scanned everything that was there :D

infocrazy
04-05-2011, 09:26 AM

Yep...that seems to be the pattern.

Not at my annoying Target...not that I'm surprised...nothing on sale but lots of the above. :(

I might try a different one because we are really big Schleich fans at our house.

zoestargrove
04-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Thank you!!!

I wanted to set up a woodland (advent calendar scene) this year similar to the playmobil only one that we made up, but I had such a hard time finding small woodland animals. I can't remember if the schleich were out and I just didn't want to pay full price, but I was able to get a jump on our collection for next year

2 wolves (one howling)
mallard
baby ducklings
moose
baby hedgehogs
turtle
racoon
baby raccoons
and 2 or 3 different bunnies
(we already have a buck and doe)

also, I'm planning a circus themed preschool activity and was happy to score

Elephant
Giraffe
baby giraffe
horse

Lastly, my boys play with their castle and knights all the time and I picked up 2 different sets of 3 (white and red) for $4 each.

I couldn't decide when I was there on the dragon, but I might want to go back for that.

calv
04-05-2011, 11:19 AM
OMG, $60+ on these figures. Sad to say no bunnies or large elephants/giraffes. Would really LOVE to find those. Did score tree frogs, a bunch of different dogs and other stuff already mentioned. thanks so much...I think ;)

Binkandabee
04-05-2011, 11:52 AM
I wanted to add that I found an orange phoenix (this was boxed) and a set of tiny meerkats.

sewarsh
04-05-2011, 12:05 PM

Actually I got yellow as well at my store....shark & killer whale.

Ceepa
04-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Actually I got yellow as well at my store....shark & killer whale.

so .... just scan everything. :tongue5:

KrisM
04-05-2011, 12:20 PM
No luck for me today :(. I hope to try another still, but all the kids are home this week and it's hard. Friday night, I'm off on my own and can stop then. Hopefully, I'll get lucky!

Babymakes3
04-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Of all the animals that I scanned I found 1 style of horse and the dalmation set that were clearanced. What DS really wanted was the large alligator and the tiger, they sadly were not marked down. Sooo i left Target purchasing hand soap and batteries, it may have been the cheapest visit ever!

Gracemom
04-05-2011, 02:26 PM
There wasn't much left at my Target, but I did get a few things. My DS got a set of 3 knights (with his own money) and I got the black knight on the horse for later, and a fairy on a horse for my DD.

Tenasparkl
04-05-2011, 02:41 PM
I found a set/family of golden retrievers on sale. One of the dogs was missing, but at 3.74 it was still a good price for such cute dogs. The box was pretty beat up so it may have been really old or a return - I'm not sure.

calv
04-05-2011, 03:47 PM
so how do you How do you pronounce schleich?

LMPC
04-05-2011, 03:50 PM
so how do you How do you pronounce schleich?

http://www.pronouncenames.com/pronounce/schleich

ElspethCordelia
04-05-2011, 04:51 PM
I went to the last area Target today and finally found two bunnies! We also got a mallard duck, gray horse, Penguin, cat, puppy, and another dalmatian box set.

Two Targets didn't have any on sale. Two had quite a bit. The 5th didn't carry the products at all. There is one more Target on the north side that I didn't go to, but it's pretty lame and I would guess they don't carry them as well.

I'm jealous of the squirrel.

candaceb
04-05-2011, 05:19 PM
my store was picked over but I still managed to come home with 18 individual animals and 1 box of dalmatians. All of the yellow dots I scanned were full price, and the grey, green, and red came up on clearance. Most of them came up as "item not found" when I scanned them, but I had a guy with a handheld scanner check them and they came up with the correct price.

georgiegirl
04-05-2011, 06:59 PM
I ended up getting more. Love the detail most of the time. 5 year old DD was asking what the large bull testicles were. And the detail on the underside of some of the horses...a little scary.

Momof3Labs
04-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Our SuperTarget stopped carrying Schleich sometime in the last couple of months. It just disappeared - no clearance (that I caught) or anything. Maybe I'll check one of the other local Targets (unless DebbieJ already hit them, lol)! My girls loooove their Schleich animals.

Melarina
04-05-2011, 11:04 PM
Anybody else feeling a little Schleich crazy? I hit four Targets in less than 24 hours!

:cheerleader1:

Each store had something a little different -- found lots of what folks have listed here. THANK YOU!

Now to figure out where to store all these boxed sets...

:duh:

Momof3Labs
04-05-2011, 11:59 PM
Now to figure out where to store all these boxed sets...

:duh:

You can store them here :wavey:

tina-t
04-06-2011, 01:05 AM
Went to 2 Targets. In the first one, there was nothing at all. They used to have the shelf that held all the Schleich animals which has now disappeared.

In the second Target, I was able to get 4 horses.

So sad that I was not able to find the other animals :(

Gracemom
04-06-2011, 08:09 AM
I ended up getting more. Love the detail most of the time. 5 year old DD was asking what the large bull testicles were. And the detail on the underside of some of the horses...a little scary.

Yes about the horses - they are anatomically correct! My DD turned it upside down and declared "It's a boy!" then she and my DS giggled incessantly.

Tenasparkl
04-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Went to 2 Targets. In the first one, there was nothing at all. They used to have the shelf that held all the Schleich animals which has now disappeared.
(

Same thing with 2 stores near me - grr!

precious4hug
04-06-2011, 09:12 PM
I went to four Target stores. Two got a little something. The last two, I did not see the shelf or anything that showed the sign that Schleich had been there before. I wondered if the last two even carried the brand in the first place. It was a waste of my 1.5 hours. :(

JTsMom
04-06-2011, 10:10 PM
I was able to find quite a few clearanced animals today, so thank you! My Target never has any of the good stuff, so I was shocked.

Gracemom
04-07-2011, 08:56 AM
Went to a 2nd Target and found 2 more knights on horses. My DS loves these so I'm glad I found some to put away for his b-day. The quality is so good on these!

stratosphere03
04-07-2011, 12:31 PM
My Target still had the display but it was almost wiped out of the animals when I was there today. There weren't any clearance signs and the animals I scanned (cow, elephant, ducklings, and one other) rang up full price. Oh well.

Tenasparkl
04-07-2011, 01:44 PM
I went back for something else and thought that I'd check in to see if I missed any animals. The signs were down and the knights that were on sale earlier in the week and the non-yellow sticker animals were back to regular price.

elbert
04-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Thank you! I went to two Targets today...first one had no signs and very few things left. I picked up a duck, a puppy, and about 4 horses (btw, as I was walking to the cashier, I saw the bottom of one and LOL...I understand why there were comments about its anatomy!).

The second Target had yellow price cut signs and had many more things. I got about $18 worth of puppies, dogs, a couple of bunnies, a turtle, a baby kangaroo (mama was still full price), and penguins.

This will be the start of our Schleich collection...I'm guessing it should be a hit, since the Playmobil dogs get tons of action.

maiaann
04-07-2011, 03:17 PM
My Target still had the display but it was almost wiped out of the animals when I was there today. There weren't any clearance signs and the animals I scanned (cow, elephant, ducklings, and one other) rang up full price. Oh well.

same here.

PAfirsttimemom
04-07-2011, 03:58 PM
I am hoping to go tomorrow to check this out. Hope I'm not too late!

Melaine
04-07-2011, 04:04 PM
I found more yesterday at another store. Still no bunnies, gosh darn it! But plenty of horses and puppies, which was fun. I cushioned the blow to DH by saying,
"I found $50 worth of Schleich animals...but I only bought about $20 worth."
I did put a whole bunch back after further consideration.

elbenn
04-07-2011, 05:37 PM
My store had tons on sale, but they weren't marked on sale at all. I scanned them and found many of them were 75% off. For 75% off, they had 2 kinds of knights, dragons, fairy on unicorn, cowboy on horse, dalmation sets, several different kinds of horses, 3 kinds of bunnies, moose, yaks, mallard ducks, ducklings, puppies, elephant, tortoises, frog, emporer penguin, baby penguins, racoons, baby raccoons, baby hedgehogs, wolves, fox, and more. Thanks OP for posting about this sale!

glewis
04-07-2011, 05:52 PM
I found the dragon, phoenix, knights, and Feya elves on white horses! Funny, that horse is covered in pink ribbon and flowers, but he's definitely a boy! They will be gifts, so I warned the mom about it, but she didn't mind. I also got way too many animals. In addition to the dog sets mentioned, the one with great danes and pugs is $4.

It is strange. I've been to two Targets with the clearance prices, one Target with no sign of the bins or anything and I know they had Schleich before, and one Target with a lot of inventory but all full price. Usually they are more synced up around here.

ElspethCordelia
04-07-2011, 06:47 PM
It's not as good of a deal, but for those of you with Meijer there were a few of the same styles on a 50% price cut. We bought a 2 squirrels, a hen and a fox for $1.50 each today.

debbo
04-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Has anyone seen these on sale at any Chicagoland locations?

Thanks!

calv
04-07-2011, 07:36 PM
people need to PLEASE post pics. I dont know how to or I would. is there a way to do it from my cell?

candaceb
04-08-2011, 12:46 PM
I went back today and the same animals that were 75% off earlier in the week were regular price today. Boo. I think the gig is up.

zoestargrove
04-08-2011, 01:01 PM
I went back today and the same animals that were 75% off earlier in the week were regular price today. Boo. I think the gig is up.

same here. (just as well- I really didn't need anymore and I would have been tempted.)

crazylegs
04-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Has anyone seen these on sale at any Chicagoland locations?

Thanks!

Yes, I saw some at Highland Park store.

lilhilly
04-08-2011, 05:18 PM
All back at regular price at my local stores. That was weird. Usually when they reduce them that much, it's to get rid of them completely.

Melaine
04-08-2011, 05:27 PM
All back at regular price at my local stores. That was weird. Usually when they reduce them that much, it's to get rid of them completely.

You're right, that does seem really odd. The only similar thing I remember was the Kidkraft wood shopping cart that said "price cut" and went from $30 to $12.xx. Then later it went back to normal price. Weird!

Avispa
04-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Same here, I went to another Target and everything was back to regular price (even if a couple of "price cut" signs were still up). It's probably for the better in my case, I must have spent over $50 on these Schleich over the last few days!

KrisM
04-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Well, that's not good! I was finally going to have time to check another store tonight! I'll probalby still stop, but will likely be disappointed. Darn!

PAfirsttimemom
04-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Well, that's not good! I was finally going to have time to check another store tonight! I'll probalby still stop, but will likely be disappointed. Darn!

Did you have any luck?