PDA

View Full Version : Should I worry about this?

barkley1
04-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Today at lunchtime, DS (20 months) was standing on my lap and suddenly dropped to his knees - right on my 17-week pregnant belly - like under the belly button area.

it did hurt, but not TOO bad, and since then I haven't had any pain or cramping, discharge, etc. A few hrs after it happened, I was able to find the baby's heartbeat w/ my doppler. But I know that doesn't necessarily mean everything's OK.

Should I worry? Call the dr (tomorrow?tonight?) I know the baby's supposed to be well protected, but I'm on the (too) skinny side, so not much cushion there.....any advice?

Smillow
04-03-2011, 08:35 PM
I am sure that you & your baby will be fine, but call if you are worried - it's understandable! Are you feeling movement yet?

Edensmum
04-03-2011, 08:59 PM
You can call if you're worried but baby is really well protected. If you aren't having any concerning symptoms I'd let it go.

wellyes
04-03-2011, 09:01 PM
I think most pregant woman have a bump like that and question whether they should be worried :) If you're feeling fine, you're fine. The baby's very well protected. Call for peace of mind, but don't worry.

eh613c
04-03-2011, 11:45 PM
I agree with PPs. The baby is well protected and if you're worried you should call your OB tomorrow. If it makes you feel better, my DS accidentally kicked my belly a couple of months ago (I'm currently at 34 weeks). I did feel some cramps but it didn't last very long. Like you I'm on the skinny side so I was worried. It was a relief to feel the baby move and no pain or discharge.