PDA

View Full Version : TTC after Mirena removal...some questions

let73
04-03-2011, 11:36 PM
I had my Mirena removed on 3/1/11 since it was due to expire and we decided to try for baby #2. On 3/4/11 I began to bleed and it was like my menses before I had the Mirena inserted. My cycles pre-Mirena insertion were 26-28 days. I'm now on day 31.
How long does it take your cycles to get back to normal after the removal? We plan to start actively trying in June. Thanks!

veronica
04-04-2011, 08:12 AM
We wanted to TTC #3. My Dr. said to wait for one normal period/cycle after removal.

I had Mirena removed August 16. I had heavy bleeding that started one day after removal and lasted for about 4 days. My normal periods are longer, so we waited. On Sept. 5, I had a normal period. On Sept. 17-22, we TTC. Refer to my siggy for what happened:D.

In your case, since you have gone past your "normal" cycle count, I'd wait for at least one more cycle to chart, you should be ok by June. IIRC, I don't think there should be too much of delay returning to normal cycles after Mirena removal.

nfowife
04-04-2011, 11:12 AM
I hd my mirena removed in Feb 2010, and did not have a period while on it. After I had it removed about 3 days later I started having a period, then ttc that month using OPK's. No dice. I think it was about 29 days cycle length. Then I had a period, and that month I got pg. So hopefully things will even out for you before June- I'd be surprised if they didn't!
Best of luck!

let73
04-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Thanks ladies for your input. I actually started today! I do miss not having periods after 5 years but it should be worth it:)