PDA

View Full Version : Are quickzip sheets worth it?

ma912
04-04-2011, 10:19 AM
I've read lots of great reviews about the Cloud & Stars quickzip sheets, but I don't seem to have a single friend who uses them. Are they really worth it? Or should I just get regular crib sheets? I'm going shopping with my MIL in a couple weeks for sheets, so I'm trying to make a final decision.

AngB
04-04-2011, 11:04 AM
I think probably the reason most people don't use them is because at least here, they aren't available in any stores. My mom ordered them for me through Bed Bath and Beyond, but they are nowhere to be found in stores in my area. (We don't have a Buy Buy Baby or maybe they would be there.) I got them at my shower yesterday and people hadn't heard of them.

ma912
04-04-2011, 11:06 AM
That's a good point. Have you used them? Do you like them?

twowhat?
04-04-2011, 11:39 AM
I determined that they are not after enough vomit/poop/pee accidents that get on the SIDES of the sheets and not just the top!

ged
04-04-2011, 01:13 PM
I have 4 tops and one base. I love them. I used them with my 6 year old, and now with my 10 month old. They have lasted for years and are so easy to change.

HonoluluMom
04-04-2011, 01:14 PM
I use them and LOVE them! It really was quick to do a middle of the night change after both pee and vomit accidents (I only had to change the sheet, not the base). I would absolutely recommend them!

LadyPeter
04-04-2011, 08:21 PM
I don't think so. I have one and I tend not to use it as much as the regular crib sheets. But we've never actually had any sort of mess on the sheets. Not sure if they'll be more worth it when DS is older?

Kymberley
04-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Not for me. I used them for a while, then traded them out for PBK sheets. I prefer PBKs. The zip around sheets were just more trouble than they were worth to me.

AngB
04-05-2011, 09:17 AM
Our babe isn't here yet so I haven't had a chance to use them. I can see how if the base gets dirty easily, then they wouldn't be worth the trouble, but it seems like a good idea in theory at least and safer than the Ultimate Crib Sheet (I read too many stories here about babies unsnapping part of that sheet and snuggling between the sheet and mattress like a sleeping bag, yikes!)

ma912
04-05-2011, 09:59 AM
That was my thinking -- they seem like a great idea in theory. My baby isn't here yet either, so I don't really know what to expect. Is changing a regular crib sheet really that difficult?

lmh2402
04-05-2011, 10:53 AM
we have used them exclusively for the last two years

i totally :heartbeat: them - think they are the easiest, greatest invention

lvhkitty
05-24-2011, 10:28 PM
My crib mattress is so light that changing the sheet is no biggie.

However, I loved the concept and bought a few sets. Luckily no accidents yet.

mamamir
05-25-2011, 10:23 AM
My mattress is really light as well but I have breathable bumpers so it's not so convenient to lift up the mattress. The zip sheet makes it much easier to change the sheets. Also, I put a flat waterproof pad underneath to make it easy to remove and change everything without lifting the mattress.

jbbhb
05-25-2011, 12:21 PM
As we are just getting over the stomach flu here, I LOVE them :) I changed the top three times...yesterday...with a clingy 10 month old. Would have taken me 10x a long with the old sheets i had.

I think it might be partially dependant on how snug your mattress is in your crib. Mine is really really snug, like I have to literally wrestle it in and out of place. So, doing that for each sheet change was killing me.

Yesterday, I actually said out loud to the baby, "this is the best money mommy ever spent" and then I saw your post :bighand:

Obviously, my vote is yes, absolutely worth it.

ETA- I didn't get them until my baby was a few months old, so I already had the regular mattress pads with the stretchy sides (Carter's I think). I did not order the special ones from Clouds and Stars because they were really pricey. Instead I just cut off the stretchy sides that would normally go around the mattress and voila, a flat mattress pad. Works great.

Mommy_Mea
05-26-2011, 08:04 AM
I would hold off on buying one until after your baby is here. We don't have them, and (knock on wood) never have had to change a sheet in the middle of the night for DS. But, he wasn't a big spitter and never really peed through his PJs, so I think we were lucky on that front. So the standard sheets have been just fine for us!