PDA

View Full Version : Troubleshooting my washing machine

liamsmom
04-04-2011, 11:37 AM
So lately I've noticed that my washing machine isn't fully getting the water out of clothes. I've had to use the spin cycle again after the load has run its course. Last night I had to do it twice. Has this happened to anyone before? I have a basic Whirlpool washer and dryer. I don't know how old they are, but they were in the house when we bought it 3 years ago.

(I know, I know, I'll have to read the manual, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this before.)

Smillow
04-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Is it making any weird noises? There are some laundry forums at Garden Web that might help. I have fixed 2 different brands of washers using info from Garden Web, and another appliance repair forum and youtube.

liamsmom
04-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Thanks, I'll check it out. As much as I'd LOVE a new, sleek, sexy, RED energy-efficient washer/dryer, the one we already have needs to last us a while longer.

MoJo
04-04-2011, 01:01 PM
Are you sure it's actually spinning? If it's not, the problem is probably the coupling. My non-handy DH was able to repair ours himself once we knew what the problem was (after a repairman fixed it the first time). It's the only thing we've needed to replace on our 11-year old Whirlpool washer, but we've replaced it two or maybe even three times. Heavy loads/off-balance loads can break it, because it's just plastic.

Smillow
04-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Are you sure it's actually spinning? If it's not, the problem is probably the coupling. My non-handy DH was able to repair ours himself once we knew what the problem was (after a repairman fixed it the first time). It's the only thing we've needed to replace on our 11-year old Whirlpool washer, but we've replaced it two or maybe even three times. Heavy loads/off-balance loads can break it, because it's just plastic.

If it is the coupler (will be making a funny noise) - this is what was wrong with my mom's washer & I used a youtube video to help us fix it - if you need the link - let me know!