PDA

View Full Version : Grout cleaner

eh613c
04-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Does anyone have a good recommendation for cleaning grout?

essnce629
04-04-2011, 06:03 PM
I just bought some of this for my grout to try out. I got it on Amazon.

http://www.stainsolver.com/Grout_Cleaning.shtml

citymama
04-05-2011, 01:04 AM
I just bought some at Home Depot, as well as an OXO grout cleaner brush from amazon.com

lovin2shop
04-05-2011, 01:11 PM
The battery operated scrub brushes with small heads have worked wonders on our grout. They look like a large version of a spin toothbrush and you can get them at the grocery store. I use it with the Shaklee scouring paste, but I think any kind of scouring scrub would work. It has made an incredible difference on our grout, and this is after I had hired the Grout Doctor to professionally clean it to no avail.

The stain solver product looks interesting, just know that if you use a bleach product, you will inevitably change the color of your grout a bit.

eh613c
04-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Thanks for all the great ideas! I'm tired of looking at our dirty grout!

YouAreTheFocus
04-05-2011, 02:41 PM
The Mr Clean Magic Erasers work wonders on grout. But it is a lot of work!

drako
04-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Oxy-Clean works pretty well too. DH found a professional grout cleaner online that we use...not often since the smell is pretty strong but it does a FANTASTIC job on getting it clean. If you want to know the name I can go check.

cntrymoon2
04-11-2011, 12:48 AM
Oxy-Clean works pretty well too. DH found a professional grout cleaner online that we use...not often since the smell is pretty strong but it does a FANTASTIC job on getting it clean. If you want to know the name I can go check.

Please check for me! I just searched for grout cleaning tips and came up with this thread. I am at my wits end with discolored grout!

drako
04-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Here is the website we bought our grout cleaning products from:

http://thegroutcleaningstore.com/grout-cleaning-products/

We bought the whole package deal...floor cleaner, grout cleaner, the rinse and maintainer.

It got our grout REALLY clean. The smell is potent so it's probably not an eco-friendly product but it WORKS. We haven't seen our grout that clean since our house was built 5 years ago! We have their brush too and made the process effortless. Just be careful when scrubbing that the cleaner doesn't splash on the walls. That happened to us and DH couldn't get it off after it dried a whitish color so he had to repaint the wall.

Good luck!

mikala
04-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Any other suggestions out there for grout products? I'm using the Enviro-steamer on our tile and that works well but it isn't doing anything for the grout. I'd like to find something vaguely eco-friendly, or at least not horribly toxic if such a thing exists.

cntrymoon2
04-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Thanks, drako!!