PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a two-way monitor they like?

hgwsb
04-05-2011, 12:47 AM
Trying to find a good two-way monitor so I can talk to my DD through the monitor. I've seen some online that are video monitors which I don't really want/need and also have read that they have really bad sound quality/feedback issues which would defeat the purpose. Thanks for any tips!

Nyfeara
04-05-2011, 08:28 AM
We have the Summer Infant BabyTouch monitor. It is a video monitor but does have the two-way talk feature. We have not had any sound or feedback issues. We do have a wireless network in the house, 2 cell phones near the receiver most times, a cordless phone, iTouch, etc & have not had any issues with interference. We had a Sony BabyCall prior to this monitor (no two-way talk feature) and the amount of interference from the cell phones was crazy.

TwoBees
04-05-2011, 10:06 AM
We have the Philips Avent DECT monitor and it has a 2-way feature. We like it a lot except the battery life is not especially when the sensitivity and volume are turned all the way up (it will last about 8 hrs or so, IIRC). But since we use it mostly at night (plugged in on the nightstand) and for naps on the weekend (DD is in daycare full time), the battery life isn't an issue for us.

We chose this monitor because of the DECT feature which reduces interference from other wireless electronics and also increase security (people can't listen in from elsewhere). We have never had problems with interference.

It's not cheap though: http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Avent-Basic-Monitor-Technology/dp/B001COIH3A/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1302012367&sr=1-1

ETA: The product description on Amazon states "The battery-operated parent unit works for up to 24 hours on an eight-hour charge. If the power is low or if you are out of range, the parent unit will alert you." I disagree, maybe that is with the volume and sensitivity set to the lowest levels.