PDA

View Full Version : Just joined WW online-and I'm starving!!!

KathyN115
04-05-2011, 11:42 AM
It has been all of one hour since I joined WW, and I can't stop thinking about food. I am so hungry!!!!! Please tell me I can do this! I have to lose about 30 lbs:crying:. I weigh more now than I did when I gave birth. Ugh.

weech
04-05-2011, 11:48 AM
It takes some time to adjust, but you'll be fine. The trick is finding a slew of low or no point foods that keep you full and eating them throughout the day so you never feel hungry or deprived. What you're going through right now is probably 100% psychological.

I've been on WW since last May and I'm nearing 50lbs lost. You can definitely do it :thumbsup: It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change.

Keep an eye on our monthly WW threads. All the support, ideas and feedback you could ever want!

hellokitty
04-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Drink lots of water! I am watching what I eat and working out a lot more too and I do feel hungry more often, but I always try to drink a big glass of water first. Often that satisfies my hunger, esp since I know that what I am eating is within my target calories, so if I snack too much, I'll go over.

BabyBearsMom
04-05-2011, 12:42 PM
You can do it! I've been doing WW online since January and have lost nearly 15 pounds. I was kind of headachey/hungry (probably sugar withdrawal) for the first 2 or 3 days but then my body adjusted. Eat lots of fruit and veggies and when you do use your points, spend them on things that are satisfying (non-fat dairy and lean meats really help me).

You can totally do 30 pounds. I have 83 lbs left to lose and it can seem overwhelming when you look at the big picture. I prefer to focus on baby steps (5lb increments, 5%, 10% etc.) Good luck!

sarahsthreads
04-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Yeah, the first two days I was convinced I was going to starve to death (despite eating plenty of healthy, nourishing food and not having trouble staying in my points). As a PP said, it's likely all psychological!

So. Fruit. Veggies. Water. Hot tea or coffee (black). If you really need something sweet or crunchy to snack on, a serving of cereal (well, probably not the super sugary ones) is usually 3-4 points, and skim milk is only one point per half cup.

Also, part of it for me was that I spent the whole first day poring over the food database to check points on everything and plan out meals - and reading about food makes me hungry! So figure out what meals you need to make for the rest of today, find some snacks to fill in the rest of the points, and then step away from the food database!

You can do it!

Sarah :)

bubbaray
04-05-2011, 01:07 PM
I find I am hungry all the time on the new plan and was never hungry on the old plan (which worked really well for me for weight loss and I got lifetime on it).