PDA

View Full Version : What do you NOT feel guilty about?

bisous
04-05-2011, 03:21 PM
This follows those slew of "confession" threads. Today, I'm just not feeling well! I think I have a tiny touch of something that seems to be going around. Plus, we've been running like crazy and we need a down day.

So...

After a half day of schooling, chores, etc. I am declaring today a "novel" day. That means, no more cleaning, movies for the kids, relaxation and novel reading for the mama.

I don't feel bad a bit. I RARELY do this and when I do, the kids love it. I think it great for a changeup in their routine and excellent for my mental sanity. :)

I feel great!

You got any?

eagle
04-05-2011, 03:28 PM
plastics and dyes

daisymommy
04-05-2011, 03:30 PM
My kids had snacks for lunch today. Oh well.
Half the time they pick at what I give them. So today they actually ate.

Twoboos
04-05-2011, 03:32 PM
The bag of peanut m-n-m's I just ate. Had to finish before the kids get home from school...

wendibird22
04-05-2011, 03:33 PM
The Reese's PB Cup I just ate.

Surfing the BBB as a break from work boredom.

g-mama
04-05-2011, 03:34 PM
The piece of Nutella on white toast that I just ate. :D

Melaine
04-05-2011, 03:34 PM
I'm choosing to not feel guilty that I can't think of anything that I DON'T feel guilty about.

Does that count?

bisous
04-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Good ones, guys.

FWIW, I'm just coming into my own on the "non-guilt". Before, I used to really judge myself about every thing that wasn't perfect. Now I realize that perfect for my family means sometimes we NEED to do things that are "less than ideal" in order to be kind to ourselves. :)

Twoboos
04-05-2011, 04:26 PM
The piece of Nutella on white toast that I just ate. :D

Now I feel jealous. :wink2: Why is white toast SOOO good?

ourbabygirl
04-05-2011, 04:59 PM
*Loving that my kids are BOTH napping and I've been able to hang out here for the past half hour!
*We're ordering Applebee's for dinner because I don't have a meal plan ready and don't have the time, energy, or ingredients to cook anything!
*My lunch was 2 oranges, some mixed nuts, and some blueberry bread. :loveeyes:

twowhat?
04-05-2011, 05:01 PM
I don't feel guilty using a week of vacation from work....and sending the girls to daycare for the entire week. Looking forward to it. Very much.

eta: OK, maybe just a tiny bit guilty...

ourbabygirl
04-05-2011, 05:04 PM
--> me <-- = JEALOUS! ^^^

carolinamama
04-05-2011, 05:13 PM
My kids are playing in the backyard by themselves while I watch from inside so I can have some time on the computer on my own. I haven't even gone out to break up the few little skirmishes they have had.

Not sure what we are having for dinner and it is after 5 o'clock.

g-mama
04-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Now I feel jealous. :wink2: Why is white toast SOOO good?

Ha ha! I don't know why, but it really is, isn't it?

Laurel
04-05-2011, 07:04 PM
I don't feel guilty that I put DS in for full day at pre-school today so that I could go shopping. I also don't feel guilty that I spent money on new clothes.

citymama
04-05-2011, 07:46 PM
The trefoils I just ate - yum! And the Reese's peanut butter cups I ate earlier in the day. No guilt, sorry!

mezzona
04-05-2011, 08:21 PM
regular full salt pringles

niccig
04-05-2011, 08:31 PM
I am not feeling guilty for taking the day off from work/study and hanging out with a BBBer from here at a coffee shop all day. I have a tonne of work to do, but needed a "me" day.

JMS
04-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Paying a sitter so I could go get a pedi. My toes look great and I had a relaxing hour of peace and quiet with magazines and a big cut of coffee !

DrSally
04-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Eating a whole BBQ chicken California Kitchen pizza for lunch today.

ha98ed14
04-05-2011, 09:30 PM
I am not feeling guilty for taking the day off from work/study and hanging out with a BBBer from here at a coffee shop all day. I have a tonne of work to do, but needed a "me" day.

I don't feel guilty that I lied to my MIL about what time my doctor's appointment was so she would come earlier and watch DD longer and I could go hang out before my appointment. :waving4: It was the best day I can remember in weeks!

MamaMolly
04-05-2011, 09:31 PM
I don't feel guilty that Lula and Dolly had Campbells Dora the Explorer chicken noodle soup for dinner. Lula had an actual bowl of soup and Dolly had a plate of noodles and a sippy of broth. Fine dining!

But had I done this when Lula was a year old? Oh, the guilt would have eaten me alive. Character FOOD? Canned soup? Not in a million years. Oh, how things change ;) I just don't have time/inclination in my life to roast myself about it anymore.

love_a_latte
04-05-2011, 09:33 PM
The box of Dove truffle eggs that I bought today. I love them and they are only available around Easter. One a day for five days isn't that bad, right?

Spending some time on IMDb looking at pictures of my favorite eye candy, Willem Dafoe. I could stare at him all day, so I feel OK about a couple minutes here and there.

mezzona
04-05-2011, 10:09 PM
i practically drank the garlic butter from the shrimp my dh made. he had to tell me to stop. lol this is the second day in a row that he cooked for me. and he's actually liking it!

twowhat?
04-05-2011, 10:24 PM
--> me <-- = JEALOUS! ^^^

We really just have a lot of chores lined up for that week - yardwork, filing, taxes, purging stuff, etc. Though I do have a haircut appt for me and plans to at least spend an afternoon shopping. There, I feel slightly less guilty:)

jerseygirl07067
04-05-2011, 10:42 PM
I am normally the most frugal, money conscious person in the world.

But this past weekend I went to NYC with DD #1, bought her an expensive American Girl Doll, then had lunch in the AG cafe with DD and her dolls, lol. Then paid both of us have our hair cut at the very pricey Ouidad salon. But it was so fun to do that!

I don't feel guilty, but this week I am back so spending frugally again. :)

♥ms.pacman♥
04-05-2011, 10:47 PM
for dinner DH & I sat in bed watching the singing episode of Grey's Anatomy on tivo and eating Quiznos. DS had a late nap, and DD was just snoozing while DH or I held her.

i don't feel guilty about having the sitter watch DS this afternoon so i could shower, pump, eat , nurse DD and do other thigns without constantly chasing a toddler. at first i did feel kinda bad (bc my time with DS has been already been reduced since DD arrived, and i think that's been affecting him a lot) but then realized, if i hadn't had this break i would not have had enough energy to play with DS all evening & do the bath/nighttime routine with him and actually enjoy it as much as i did.

Tammy
04-05-2011, 10:47 PM
DD1 had cereal for supper, I had waffles, and DH had leftover pizza. Just too hectic and tonight was bath night so kind of in a rush.

SpaceGal
04-05-2011, 11:15 PM
I got the kids in bed early and they all fell asleep right away...so now it's just me. DH is out of town and for some reason I'm a but lazier when he's not home...and I've needed it!!! It doesn't help that my seasonal allergies haven't allowed me to sleep well for the last few nights...so being a total bum now is WONDERFUL.

AshleyAnn
04-05-2011, 11:44 PM
That I lied to my mom that class was running long again so I could hit the tanning bed on the way home.

Also, That I let DD have non-organic processed foods. And her bottles aren't certified as BPA free.

That I drank so much on girls night out I threw up after I got home. Twice. (I did have a DD drive me home!)

AnnieW625
04-06-2011, 11:57 AM
That I bought a dozen donuts to send with DD1 to preschool for snack today because she wanted to bring them since her birthday was on Monday.

That I send my daughter's lunch in a MIC Hello Kitty lunch box (it was a birthday gift, and now she has the same box as two other friends) and put her sandwich, and oranges in plastic bags. Oh and I gave her a juice box (left over from her birthday party; total treat for her; won't be happening once the boxes are gone).

DD1 ate a plain cheese quesadilla for dinner last night because it was way easier than cooking. I also think I didn't give her any veggies, which I don't feel guilty about because my DCP gives them lots of veggies for lunch during the day.

liamsmom
04-06-2011, 12:29 PM
I don't feel guilty about wanting to go back to work full time. (And actually looking for jobs.) I don't feel guilty about not prioritizing losing the baby weight. Although this may be the year I start to work on that.

lmintzer
04-06-2011, 12:44 PM
That I spent a fair amount of money buying new clothes for our upcoming vacation. (I can justify this to myself by reminding myself that I rarely shop for me, and if I had kept up with it all along, I wouldn't have needed as much.)

WolfpackMom
04-06-2011, 12:47 PM
I took Monday off of work, but DS still went to daycare...and I didnt get anything productive done that day outside of returning something at the Gap and not buying something else while there.

Dawdled at home, had lunch with an awesome new friend, returned item at store, bought myself ice cream, then went to visit a friend and her new baby. I didnt even cook dinner because we went out with family that night!

kwc
04-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Kleenex. I wipe my nose with bleached virgin forest.

We use recycled paper products for toilet paper and the rare paper towel but have not found a recycled facial tissue that isn't like sandpaper (though we do use the toilet paper for blowing noses often).

zoestargrove
04-06-2011, 02:20 PM
for the last week of stuffing my face with lots of junk I normally happily avoid.

trader joes jelly beans, chocolate chip cookies, dark chocolate, potato chips, and the list goes on. It was a great run while it lasted.

Corie
04-06-2011, 02:33 PM
I've been pondering and pondering this question. Trying to
rack my brain about what makes me feel guilty. And I've
got nothing.

I don't have anything that makes me feel guilty.

That's definitely not saying that I'm perfect. :hysterical:

I don't recycle my empty Pepsi can every single time. I eat way too many donuts. I serve my kids pancakes for dinner with added food
coloring to make different colored pancakes. I don't always have
a veggie for dinner. I do surf the BBB while my kids are home. I
let my kids watch PG and sometimes PG-13 movies. I formula-fed
my kids. I used disposable diapers. I do not like to cook. I don't
mind the dog hair tumbleweeds under the kitchen table. etc, etc, etc.

I don't feel guilty about anything.

AnnieW625
04-06-2011, 02:37 PM
:yeahthat::thumbsup: Corie, what would we do without you? You make me smile and feel like a normal mom again. I do most of those things too and often feel inadequate until I read posts like this one and you chime in. Thanks!:) (wish there was a smiley that took up a whole post because you deserve it!)

LMPC
04-06-2011, 02:40 PM
I love this thread! We sound so devious :ROTFLMAO:

I don't feel guilty about putting the last of the chocolate away so that DD can't reach it....so that I can eat it once she goes to bed. I also don't feel guilty that I didn't inform DH that we were about to run out of chocolate!

Globetrotter
04-06-2011, 06:54 PM
mom's nights out! vital for my sanity :)

kijip
04-06-2011, 08:46 PM
I don't feel guilty about walking out of my office for a full hour, just strolling all over the neighborhood that I work in. Talking to no one. Doing nothing. I was ready to just give up on the day at 11am but that long break saved it for me. So glad I have a job where I make my own breaks and lunches etc. I just told my co-worker I was leaving for a bit and left.

♥ms.pacman♥
04-06-2011, 08:49 PM
:yeahthat::thumbsup: Corie, what would we do without you? You make me smile and feel like a normal mom again. I do most of those things too and often feel inadequate until I read posts like this one and you chime in. Thanks!:) (wish there was a smiley that took up a whole post because you deserve it!)

:yeahthat: i feel the same way. when i read the things people feel guilty about on this board, i must admit i often feel like the odd person out because i already do those things regularly, lol. i eat white bread all.the.time, i had no idea that it was a guilty pleasure :bag i let DS watch TV, and often order in or go out to eat bc i don't feel like cooking every night...and i am definitely not a big veggie eater either. oh and compared to most on here i think i am a spendthrift, i don't always have the patience to wait for the best deal, sometimes i even (gasp) pay regular price on things...if y'all knew how much $$$ i have spent on baby clothes/baby gear over the past couple years, i would so be kicked off this board!! :)

eagle
04-06-2011, 11:18 PM
we drink juice.

and soda

Beth24
04-06-2011, 11:26 PM
:yeahthat: i feel the same way. when i read the things people feel guilty about on this board, i must admit i often feel like the odd person out because i already do those things regularly, lol. i eat white bread all.the.time, i had no idea that it was a guilty pleasure :bag i let DS watch TV, and often order in or go out to eat bc i don't feel like cooking every night...and i am definitely not a big veggie eater either. oh and compared to most on here i think i am a spendthrift, i don't always have the patience to wait for the best deal, sometimes i even (gasp) pay regular price on things...if y'all knew how much $$$ i have spent on baby clothes/baby gear over the past couple years, i would so be kicked off this board!! :)

You are not alone my friend! :love2:

tmahanes
04-06-2011, 11:48 PM

This is so completely us. Sometimes this board makes me feel like the worst parent ever and I have to stop myself and say.... Every situation is different and I am NOT going to let that bother me!!