PDA

View Full Version : Rash on DC bottom??

jgenie
04-05-2011, 11:36 PM
DS1 is newly potty trained. He has had a few accidents here and there but most have been during the day and we change him as soon as they happen. He's developed a rash on his bottom - on the cheeks (sorry TMI). I'm not sure if has the rash because he scratches quite a bit or if he scratches because of the rash. Any tips on what to use to get rid of the rash? Should I take him in to the ped to have them look at it? I've been applying CBaby lotion but that hasn't helped so tonight I put some Eucerin on it. Any recs on what I should be using instead? TIA

lalasmama
04-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Congrats on the PT'ing! :bighand:

Any chance something has changed around his little cheekies? Maybe some diaps to full undies? Different laundry soap (or his cheekies' first exposure to undies 24/7)? Bubble bath?

mezzona
04-06-2011, 08:42 AM
dd1 had rashes/scratching there that we thought may be caused by her easy-ups that she wears to bed. we used vanicream nightly before she put the easyups on. they disappeared after 1-2 applications. it is sold at target, but is slightly cheaper on amazon if you can wait the two days for prime. hth.

jgenie
04-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the replies. We went to undies 24 / 7 and added a new bubble bath at the same time. I'll hide the bubble bath for a few days to see if that helps.

dd1 had rashes/scratching there that we thought may be caused by her easy-ups that she wears to bed. we used vanicream nightly before she put the easyups on. they disappeared after 1-2 applications. it is sold at target, but is slightly cheaper on amazon if you can wait the two days for prime. hth.

Would you mind linking which product it is?

LMPC
04-06-2011, 03:28 PM
I wonder if it's the cleaner you use on the toilet...just thinking out loud.