PDA

View Full Version : If you use a dishwasher

jgenie
04-05-2011, 11:39 PM
how do you unload the silverware? Do you remove the utensil basket and carry it to the silverware drawer or do you take a handful of utensils to the drawer and continue back and forth until everything has been put away? Just curious. :)

ellies mom
04-05-2011, 11:50 PM
I voted other because some days I carry the whole thing over to the silverware drawer and sometimes I carry a handful at a time. There isn't any one situation that determines what I do on a particular day. It just varies.

fumofu
04-06-2011, 12:05 AM
Usually I manage to grab all the utensils in one go. Sometimes two trips. But the dishwasher is close to the utensil drawer. I never take the basket out.

bubbaray
04-06-2011, 12:28 AM
I voted other because some days I carry the whole thing over to the silverware drawer and sometimes I carry a handful at a time. There isn't any one situation that determines what I do on a particular day. It just varies.

:yeahthat:

wellyes
04-06-2011, 06:51 AM
I've never even thought to remove the silverware thingy. It runs the entire vertical length of the dishwasher and would be quite heavy.

SnuggleBuggles
04-06-2011, 07:39 AM
So funny and timely!! Last week we bought a new dishwasher and are still figuring out the best way to load it. One day I looked in and the utensil basket was really configured strangely. I asked dh and he said it was so I could carry it over to unload. I looked at him like he had 2 heads- I never do that. He said that I did, and was the only person he had seen do it! On vacations at other people's homes I think I have done it but that's likely because the 2 weren't convenient to each other.

Beth

lmwbasye
04-06-2011, 08:18 AM
I voted other. The silverware drawer is literally right above the basket so I don't life the basket out but I also don't need to carry it anything anywhere.

almostmom
04-06-2011, 10:41 AM
My dishwasher is right next to my silverware drawer, so I voted other!

jess_g
04-06-2011, 10:47 AM
You all must have bigger kitchens than ours. Our kitchen is so small that the dishwasher is pretty close to the silverwhere drawer so I just carry the stuff over when it is dry. -Jessica.

c&j04
04-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Remove basket.

This kitchen is set up very inefficiently. I'm working to change that as much as possible.

Mommy_Mea
04-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Our silverware drawer is right across from our dishwasher in a very narrow gallery kitchen, but I still pick up the basket and put it on the counter above the drawer. I hate having to bend down, grab a few pieces of silverware, stand up and drop them in. I would rather be standing the whole time, and it goes much faster for me...

Last night DH was unloading the silverware without taking out the basket and I started to get annoyed. LOL. I guess I am stuck in my dishwasher unloading ways :)

lizzywednesday
04-06-2011, 11:21 AM
If I did it by handfuls, I'd be doing a great deal of bending over ... and would likely risk DD getting her curious little hands into the dishwasher, so for convenience & safety reasons, I take the whole basket to the silverware drawer.

carolinamama
04-06-2011, 11:22 AM
I always take the basket over to the drawer. Plus DS2 does alot of the silverware sorting and putting away so this just makes it easier for him. (Yes, he's not perfect but he does a pretty good job and loves to help me with things like this)

WolfpackMom
04-06-2011, 11:23 AM
You all must have bigger kitchens than ours. Our kitchen is so small that the dishwasher is pretty close to the silverwhere drawer so I just carry the stuff over when it is dry. -Jessica.

LOL I dont even have to carry over, I literally can turn around and put in the drawer, no walking involved!

g-mama
04-06-2011, 11:25 AM
If I didn't carry it over for my 7-year-old ds, that would make for a lot of trips for the poor little guy. :)

vludmilla
04-06-2011, 08:47 PM
It varies. Sometimes I grab a handful and sometimes I take the whole thing out at once. Mostly, I try to give DH the opportunity to unload the dw. :)

bnme
04-06-2011, 08:49 PM
I will add that unloading the dw is my most hated daily task. I HATE it.

Izzy&Bella
04-06-2011, 08:59 PM
My dishwasher is right next to my silverware drawer, so I voted other!

ZeeBaby
04-06-2011, 09:01 PM
I remove the basket. Super easy to carry.

newg
04-06-2011, 09:07 PM
I voted "other" because I usually just grab a handful (all the spoons, all the forks,.....) but DH almost always takes the basket out..