PDA

View Full Version : Kind of disappointed - pics added

lhafer
04-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Just receieved my Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL (in the Flora pattern). I ordered it on Diapers.com and got fast shipping. Am totally excited about the seat. Reading the manual now before I install it. It will be replacing a 5 year old Britax Decathalon for my DD2 (she got her older sister's hand me down seat).

But the DOM is 09/10. :( and :irked: When I got the Decathalon for DD1, it was an online purchase as well, and DOM was AWESOM with it being the month before.

Chances are very good she won't be in this seat until it expires...just kind of bummed that the DOM was 7 months ago.

But on a positive note...can't wait to try it out in my car. I will take pics when I get it in there!!

Joolsplus2
04-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Yeah, it's no fun to get such totally different mfr. dates... good thing the seat is good for, what, 8 years? 7? A long time :D

lhafer
04-06-2011, 09:09 PM
It fits in my car, but I had to scoot my seat up (I drive with it pretty far back).

My seat automatically moves backwards when I turn the car off and open my car - and it automatically moves forward when I get in and start the car. I have fiddled with it over and over. I can't make it not touch the car seat when the seat automatically goes back.

It is okay for my seat (driver's seat - and it has to stay on this side of the car do to preschool drop off) to be resting and slightly pushed against the seat when the car is not moving? There isn't a lot of stress on it - just gently pushed against the Radian. When I'm in the seat and the car is on - the seat moves forward enough to not be touching the Radian at all.

Here are the pics of the Decathalon vs the Radian. https://picasaweb.google.com/llhafer/DecathalonVsSunshineRadianXTSL?authkey=Gv1sRgCPOh1 OGen-mbAw#5592644856029375490

jjordan
04-06-2011, 10:10 PM
The seat touching the radian while the car is off is fine. Hope you enjoy the new seat!

newg
04-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Great pictures! Your girls are beautiful :)

bigpassport
04-07-2011, 12:45 AM
You know you're a BBB Momma if...you use a carpenter's level to check the angle of your carseat. I love it!!

Joolsplus2
04-07-2011, 07:28 AM
:applause:

Wow, that's a truly awesome album you made... cute seats, cute girls, proper installations.... My cps heart is all aflutter :love5:

SnuggleBuggles
04-07-2011, 07:32 AM
That's why I won't buy a carseat online anymore, even though the deals are so good. I want to see the DOM and try and get the newest one possible. Bummer. But, it sounds like you got it in and like it!

Beth

lhafer
04-07-2011, 08:18 AM
:applause:

Wow, that's a truly awesome album you made... cute seats, cute girls, proper installations.... My cps heart is all aflutter :love5:

Awww, thanks Jools! Sorry the rest of the car was mess. My 5 year old was playing around in it messing with stuff while I was doing all the uninstalling, installing and picture taking. And for the most part...she doesn't clean up after herself!! :ROTFLMAO:

Installing the Radian was actually very easy to do with the LATCH. I didn't try to do the seat belt. In my car the 2nd row captains chairs move forward and backward, which is nice when I need to get something large in the bag. But I can't do that when I have the seats installed with the seat belts (because the belt is on the frame of the car - not the seat). So I prefer to use the LATCH if I can get the best install that way.

I couldn't believe that my 5 year old fit in the Radian as well as she did!! That was a complete suprise to me. She loves her Frontier 85 and has TONS of room in it to grow.

Kymberley
04-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Your pics are great! I think this will be our next seat. Thank you!

vonfirmath
04-07-2011, 09:15 AM
That's why I won't buy a carseat online anymore, even though the deals are so good. I want to see the DOM and try and get the newest one possible. Bummer. But, it sounds like you got it in and like it!

Beth

Its hard to find a Radian in a brick and mortar store, period.

My experience has been better DOMs, in general, purchased online than in a physical store on the seats I buy.

AnnieW625
04-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Nice photos! I need to go and make my own photo album now!:) I love the floral print and it looks great in a car with grey interior! (I usually tend to want my seats to match my car interior which is grey!)

I just wanted to know how tall you are and if you DH ever drives your car, and how that works out space wise? My DH is 6' tall and most of the time doesn't need to push the seat back, but if we got this seat and it touched the seat back of the Pilot (either in the center, which would be the preferred method of install, I think) if DH wanted to drive my car we'd have to put the seat back further and it may not work.

lhafer
04-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Nice photos! I need to go and make my own photo album now!:) I love the floral print and it looks great in a car with grey interior! (I usually tend to want my seats to match my car interior which is grey!)

I just wanted to know how tall you are and if you DH ever drives your car, and how that works out space wise? My DH is 6' tall and most of the time doesn't need to push the seat back, but if we got this seat and it touched the seat back of the Pilot (either in the center, which would be the preferred method of install, I think) if DH wanted to drive my car we'd have to put the seat back further and it may not work.

I am 5'7" and I'm the only one who drives (my car or DH's when we ride together - due to my motion sickness!!). I am mostly legs with a short torso. DH is 5'10" but has a long torso and shorter legs. I don't have to adjust the seat in his car....just the mirrors.

I did have to move my seat up a little, and I moved the back of the seat to sit more upright (this allowed me to move my seat back again just a little bit). I have thing about sitting pretty far away from the steering wheel because I am afraid of the air bag (deploying if in a car accident) and being too close to it.