PDA

View Full Version : Help: How to Thank/Repay a Friend

carolinamama
04-06-2011, 05:36 PM
A good friend of mine has been very generous lately with giving me things for our DD, due in July. Today I picked up a bin of maternity clothes from her that is huge and stuffed with nice clothes, some still with the tag on them. She doesn't want any of this stuff back.

I realize she isn't looking for payment but she is a good friend and I want to say thank you somehow. Last year I helped her out alot with childcare when she got in a bind, but this year she has a more available nanny so I haven't even done anything like that for her lately.

Any suggestions to show her I really appreciate it? GC for a restaurant? Maybe a book store?

dec756
04-06-2011, 05:49 PM
amazon.com gift card, target or whatever grocery store she uses would be awesome. what a good friend (both of you!)

missliss55
04-06-2011, 05:52 PM
A friend of mine passes a lot of clothes (boxes and boxes) from her DS to my DS. I gave her a gift certificate to her favorite restaurant in town. She and her DH have regular date nights, so she loved it. I also wrote her a nice note about how much I appreciated her and her generosity.

Globetrotter
04-06-2011, 06:11 PM
I give hand-me-downs to a few people, and I've noticed they give really nice gifts for various occasions. I do NOT expect anything in return as I feel what comes around goes around. It sounds like you've helped her out a lot so I wouldn't feel an obligation to give anything, but if you really want to, free babysitting and a night out/movie tix/restaurant gc would be really nice, or a gift card (but will she accept it? I think free babysitting is always welcome, esp. if you have done that for her before!)

eh613c
04-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Take her out to get a mani and/or pedi and then have lunch.

crl
04-06-2011, 06:47 PM
I recently had an edible arrangement delivered to a friend who has helped me out a lot. She was thrilled.

Catherine

DebbieJ
04-06-2011, 08:11 PM
I have passed on a lot of my baby stuff and maternity clothes and never expected anything in return.

A Starbucks or Caribou gift card would be my first choice if anyone cared to give me a thank you.

LMPC
04-06-2011, 08:15 PM
What a nice thought! I think either a GC for her favorite restaurant or out for mani/pedi for a girls' day!

wellyes
04-06-2011, 08:31 PM
A nice thank you note.

momm
04-06-2011, 08:41 PM
I'm sure she doesn't expect anything, but it's nice of you to think of it.

If you guys can pull it off, I'd suggest a together spa-day, a ladies' night out for both of you together. Or some activity she would enjoy.

A friend had helped me out the same way, and she wouldn't think of accepting anything as a gift so I made sure to be extra generous for her all her DD's following birthdays.

Good for your friend, and you!

ahrimie
04-06-2011, 10:06 PM
I think any sort of gift card is a really nice gesture, along with a nice note attached. If she likes coffee, then Starbucks, or books, B&N, shopping, Target or your local mall :)

hellokitty
04-06-2011, 10:13 PM
I don't think you need to give her a gift as a thank you. Just a nice note will mean a lot to her. I give a lot of things away (I hate dealing with selling things) and just getting a verbal thank you and knowing that the other person is using those items is good enough.