PDA

View Full Version : Need some ideas for a mini vacation near Boston

jess_g
04-06-2011, 09:37 PM
this is during our spring break so I know a lot of places will be crowded. I am looking for a place within about 4 hours drive of Boston for a 2 night stay with 3 kids. Any ideas on where to go or what to see? We have done NYC and long island allready (and had lots of fun there). I am thinking maybe Portland or Arcadia but want some other ideas.

Thanks, Jessica.

candaceb
04-07-2011, 12:40 PM
You could head in my direction to Mystic - there's the Seaport and the Aquarium that could keep you busy for most of 2 days.

Swimfreak78
04-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Portland Maine is a great city. There's lots to see and do. We always enjoy taking a ride on the Casco Bay Ferry out to the islands. Flatbread Pizza down near the ferry terminal is very family friendly and has great views. There is a children's museum in downtown Portland. In terms of places to stay - depends on what you want. There are places down on the waterfront that are a little more expensive but you can walk more. I guess it's all in what you want. Drop me a PM if you'd like - grew up in that area. Portland Headlight is so much fun to walk around - if you go up bring a kite to fly!