PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best day for a BD party?

BabyMine
04-07-2011, 09:25 AM
M is turning six May 5th. Last year we had his party on the following Saturday but some people didn't show becasue Mother's Day was Sunday.
We are open to having it the weekend before if y'all think that would be better. The party is 1:30-3:30.

MoJo
04-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Yeah, we typically go to my mom's for Mother's Day. And since she's three hours away, we typically leave on Saturday. So either day the weekend before would be best for us, and unless M was my child's best friend, we'd be skipping your party if it was Mother's Day weekend. Besides, I always think it's more fun to celebrate early than late. (Don't tell Ha. . . . since her birthday is four days after her sister, I'm afraid it will often be late unless we celebrate both birthdays together, which I don't think I want to do!)

wencit
04-07-2011, 09:49 AM
I voted May 1st because the other 2 options were Saturdays, and many people have activities on Saturdays (dance lessons, sports, etc).

AnnieW625
04-07-2011, 11:27 AM
If you really think the best day to have the party is May 7th and you know all of the parents whose kids are going to be there I would send out a save the date email and let them know that you want to have the party on that day. It worked out very well for us this year with DD1's party. All of the kids came, even the kid whose mom didn't RSVP. I have done birthday parties on Sunday too and that works well too even with our friends who are church going.

BabyMine
04-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Than you all for the input. I am leaning towards the 1st as my first choice and May 7th as the second. I have to book the place tomorrow and will let them know.

AnnieW625
04-07-2011, 02:34 PM
I have to book the place tomorrow and will let them know.

I would book the 1st then esp. if you get a better value because more kids are there.

eh613c
04-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Either April 30th or May 1st. Some kids have activities on Saturdays and some families reserve Sunday as family day.