PDA

View Full Version : Good Bottle Warmer(s) - Expecting Twins?

Purple18
04-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Hi. I'm expecting twins and my old Avent bottle warmer, which was "OK" needs replacing. Has anyone found a double bottle warmer that they like? I've heard of people using small crock pots to warm bottles like they do at daycares - do these get too hot? Otherwise, I could always buy 2 single warmers, but would rather not - seems expensive. Our nanny will be warming breastmilk when I go back to work so I want to make sure it doesn't overheat. We have glass Born Free bottles so they are kind of wide. Any suggestions for good single warmers if this is the best option are welcome too. Thanks in advance.

twowhat?
04-07-2011, 12:19 PM
No specific suggestions, but when I used bottles I would warm them up in a big pyrex bowl of hot water (also used Born Free though not the glass ones) so I imagine that the crock pot idea would work so long as the nanny takes the bottles out right as they are sufficiently warmed and makes sure to mix the bottles well so there aren't any hot spots before serving.

If I did that, I might try to rig it somehow so that the bottles are suspended in the hot water as opposed to actually sitting down on the bottom of the crockpot (where it's hottest) to ensure even heating.

Momof3Labs
04-07-2011, 02:50 PM
All four of my kids took their bottles cold all of the time - we never, ever warmed them up. The boys were both bf'd most of the time with occasional bottles, and the girls were exclusively on bottles for most of their life (bf'ing issues, so I EP'd for them). It was sooooo much easier to just pull a bottle out of the fridge and start feeding, vs. having to warm up the bottle (especially when out). Times two. Feeding twin infants is hugely, hugely time consuming without adding in even more steps.