PDA

View Full Version : best motion monitor?

lmh2402
04-07-2011, 12:20 PM
mods - i cross-posted with around the house b/c baby is coming home today and we hope to get monitor for them ASAP. thanks

----------------------
my cousin & his wife are bringing home their DS - he was extremely premature and was in the NICU for quite some time. he had a number of issues with his breathing and the doc has told them to "keep a close eye" on making sure he's breathing.

aside from keeping him strapped to her chest 24 hours a day, which is the route i would probably go...

my mom wanted to get them a motion monitor.

we have the babysense, which i loved and actually still use every night b/c i'm paranoid and it's just a habit.

however, i would love to know what people most reco? i think i remember deciding between the babysense and the angelcare

i don't have a copy of the new BB book - does anyone know if they have a reco in there?

many thanks! want to buy ASAP

lmh2402
04-07-2011, 03:46 PM
bump...anyone?

jenfromnj
04-07-2011, 05:40 PM
I know a bunch of people who love the Angelcare monitor--that's not exactly a ringing endorsement, I know, but I've heard lots of good things about it.

llama8
04-07-2011, 06:55 PM
I love our Babysense. I couldn't sleep without it!

AngB
04-07-2011, 07:00 PM
There is also the Snuza Halo that clips to the baby and can be used in the carseat, etc. (First it vibrates to try to jostle baby before the alarm sounds.) I got the best deal on it on Ebay.

MZS V
04-07-2011, 08:06 PM
I have and love the Angelcare. Still using it on my just turned 2 year old. But when she was little I used the Respisense (tiny clip on) b/c it worked anywhere (i.e. swing). HTH