PDA

View Full Version : Movies for kids

PunkyBoo
04-07-2011, 05:51 PM
We really want to take Punkin to see a new Disney nature film about wildcats. He REALLY wants to go see it. He has never been to a movie theater before - he tried to watch the Bug's Life thing and the "Shrunk the Audience" think at Disneyland and was scared witless (he somehow got through the "shrunk" one, but I had to walk out of Bugs Life one with him.) Because he has always been sensitive about what he watches, we just never bothered taking him to the movies (DH and I don't go often either - I can't even remember the last time we went to the movies.)

Ok, so my question is, do those special DisneyNature movies usually come out in regular theaters? We only know about it because my mom gave us a flier thing she got in the mail saying it will be at the special Disney theater (El Capitan). But I'd rather not deal with the traffic to get up there if we don't have to. Also, I'm trying to figure out if we could/should take Boo (he's almost 27 months old). He hasn't been as sensitive as Punkin - he can and will watch tv with us and hasn't been disturbed by the stuff we normally watch (sports, Word World, Elmo, and National Geographic channels). But I'm wondering if it's a good idea to try to keep him seated and quiet for the whole movie. Is he too young?

PunkyBoo
04-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Bumping up to see if anyone can help me on this :) thanks!

hanaum02
04-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Last year my son and I saw Disney's Oceans in a regular theater. So, yes, I suspect that the Cats one will also hit regular theaters. I have however heard that this one is much more intense than the others (given the nature of the topic - I suspect there will be Lions/Tiger catching and killing animals for food). I will be taking my 6.5 year old son. He's really excited about it. I don't think I'm going to take my 3.5 year old. She's only been to the theater once (for Tangled) and I'm not sure she would sit through a non-animated movie of this length (plus I think she would be scared).

Enjoy!
Michelle
DS 9/04
DD 10/07

AnnieW625
04-11-2011, 12:30 PM
We first took DD2 to see Princess and the Frog when she was 3/1/2 (didn't realize it was going to be as scary as it was, but she made it through the whole movie on my lap). A year prior my dad really wanted to take her to see Wall E, she was 27 mos. old and I said she was too young. As it turned out her favorite part of Wall E and the only part she'd watch for a long time was when there was no sound. She most likely would've done fine.

As far as Disney releases I would go to the Regal Cinemas page and see if they have any listings for the Edwards theaters at the Town Center; they often get special releases and or re releases and are getting Imax soon.

wendmatt
04-11-2011, 02:54 PM
I believe they do go to regular theatres, but like a pp said there is some nature involved (ie killing) not sure about a little one tolerance. There is a new one coming soon that says it is great and a little more kid friendly (can't remember what animals it is about and the weekender paper has been recycled). I just looked it up, I think it is Born to be Wild, lots of baby animals and 2 women that are working with them, it's only 40 mins though.