PDA

View Full Version : Reccomend Star Wars toys/items?

Simon
04-08-2011, 01:41 AM
Ds1 is getting into SW and I'd like to support his interest. We do not have any legos in the house because of Ds2 (I have some in waiting though) so the Lego sets are out for now. He isn't into toys or building much (never uses his blocks, for instance).

So far, Ds1 has a Luke Skywalker costume (a white gi) and a light sabre. We also have books for Episodes 4, 5, and 6. We don't let him watch Clone Wars. He loves to play pretend. What might he like? Any suggestions? I was considering action figures/ships but he likes to be Luke, kwim?

fortato
04-08-2011, 08:10 AM
My son LOVES all the action figures that DH brought home from his parents' house, but- they don't make those anymore....

The Galactic Heroes are a close second. They are pretty cheap, and do not have little pieces. (Making me love them too) They come in sets of 2 and are really easy to find... except- they don't sell the ships... We were a year late with that- I've been scouting EBAY for them, but can't find anything cheaper than $50.

I would start with the Galactic Heroes and then move on to the bigger action figures.

Enjoy...

OH_ and if you're really brave- buy a Lego set or two... They have great Star Wars sets!

artvandalay
04-08-2011, 08:16 AM
How old is your son? My boys love the figurines. They sell the old school ones (Luke, Han Solo, etc.) as well as the newer Clone Wars figures. All of these figurines have small parts. We've had Yoda's and some Clone Wars troopers hands fall off, and they are tiny. They all come with guns and the guns are tiny. Lots of choking hazards. Definitely keep your younger DC away from the figurines.

Perhaps get him a Luke figurine as well as a ship for him to fly around in? See how he likes those.

We have lots of books, Williams Sonoma Star Wars cookie cutters, lightsabers, costumes, SW Legos (they have VERY small parts) Star Wars lip balms, and lots of figurines/ships.

ETA: Oh yeah, I forget about the Galactic Heroes. We don't have them, but they would be great if you're worried about choking hazards. Start off with one set and see how he likes them.

artvandalay
04-08-2011, 08:18 AM
[QUOTE=fortato;3102430]My son LOVES all the action figures that DH brought home from his parents' house, but- they don't make those anymore....

QUOTE]

My H is still devastated that his mother donated his box of SW guys...it's nice that your H has them from his childhood.

hellokitty
04-08-2011, 08:28 AM
My kids like their machines. Like the millenium falcon and the walkers. However, they aren't really into the play figures.

drwg21
04-08-2011, 10:10 AM
The Boba Fett Helmut is a hit in our house with both the 5.5 yr old and 19 month old.

new_mommy25
04-08-2011, 08:07 PM
The Star Wars pop up book is amazing! http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Pop-Up-Guide-Galaxy/dp/0439882826

katydid1971
04-08-2011, 11:01 PM
The Star Wars pop up book is amazing! http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Pop-Up-Guide-Galaxy/dp/0439882826
Oh cool, I'm adding that to DS's Amazon wish list :jammin:

cono0507
04-08-2011, 11:05 PM
My son LOVES all the action figures that DH brought home from his parents' house, but- they don't make those anymore....

My DS has DH's old action figures too! :)

DS loves the AT-AT he got for christmas. Big hit.

ijopint
04-09-2011, 12:00 AM
My son is so into Star Wars but not into Clone wars yet. he is not into action figures but prefers book about Star Wars. DH got him this from Barnes
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Star-Wars-The-Visual-Dictionary/David-Reynolds/e/9780789434814/?itm=4&USRI=star+wars+the+complete+visual+dictionary
I got interested too reading this book. It listed all useful information e.g.
C-3PO's functions or Luke's outfit etc..
I am planning to get the cookie cutters from William sonoma and might take him to DHS for JTA for his 5th bday in October

Simon
04-10-2011, 03:30 AM
Thanks everyone! :applause: I feel like I learned so much reading your replies.

Ds1 is 5yo but Ds2 is only 14mo and puts everything in his mouth still, so anything with small parts is out. On the bright side, at least Ds1 doesn't know what he's missing yet. I'll try to find the Galactic Heroes in person.

Those books are awesome and, fingers crossed, I can convince MIL to send a few for the next holiday. Ds1 would love them both.

In the meantime, I'm going to look for the Boba Fett helmet because Ds has a strong and unwavering love of hats/helmets. They are his favorite dress-up item so perhaps we'll put it in his Easter basket.