PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with your old magazines?

momm
04-08-2011, 02:11 PM
I just gave away a whole bunch of baby magazines to the local women's shelter, but they keep coming! (Thanks Amazon coupons :p )

What do you do with them when you're done reading them? Donate? Recycle? Store in basement till basement is full? Other?

brgnmom
04-08-2011, 02:15 PM
I ask my friends if they'd like to read/keep the magazines, and if they would rather not, I recycle them.

vdrake71
04-08-2011, 02:17 PM
I will pass them to friends, recycle them, or if I know of a place that has magazines I will scratch my name off and leave them there.

daphne
04-08-2011, 02:17 PM
I bring them to the gym or recycle, if I've cut out too much.

bostonsmama
04-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Our library has a swap/donation bin where you can drop off or take magazines people place there. I also give some to friends (on bed rest, sick, bored or traveling). I recycle the rest.

daisymommy
04-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Donate to library, preschool (for crafts and collage)--they are always asking for them, and I take them to our MOPS group meetings to share. If no one else wants them, then I recycle.

infomama
04-08-2011, 02:35 PM
I recycle most. Sometimes I get proactive and cut all the interesting pictures out for future at home art projects/collages.

brittone2
04-08-2011, 02:44 PM
My previous hometown had a recycling drop off center behind a shopping center. They had a little shelf area with a roof built over it where people would leave magazines for others (were supposed to be decent condition, fairly recent). It was nice to be able to hop out and pick up some freebies as a little mommy treat sometimes when we were out and about. I wish our current town had something similar, because I enjoyed dropping off and getting the chance to look through some great magazines as well.

mackmama
04-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Recycle them.

wellyes
04-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Recycling. I am more interested in efficient decluttering of my home than in finding ways to share with neighbors - I hope that doesn't make me a bad person. Honestly the magazines aren't the great anyway!

SpaceGal
04-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Recycle...I know of some places that take them and there's a share bin at some libraries...but I just recycle mine.

BeachBum
04-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Magazines go really quick at the thrift store I frequent. I've always just tossed mine, but I've really should donate them there.

If anyone has any old DOMINO magazines laying around I'd love to take them off your hands :)

brittone2
04-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Magazines go really quick at the thrift store I frequent. I've always just tossed mine, but I've really should donate them there.

If anyone has any old DOMINO magazines laying around I'd love to take them off your hands :)

I saw on some blog that there was a *complete* set on ebay recently...I am sure it went for big $$$ !

catsnkid
04-08-2011, 09:23 PM
I bring them to work for people to read, cut out my address. When they get nasty I toss them- I will try to recycle now that we have a service that takes stuff besides white paper.

DrSally
04-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Give to friends or give to my mom (she takes them to a nursing home and they love them). Roll up and use to keep my boots up, give to kids to cut up. Recycle as last resort.

eh613c
04-08-2011, 11:31 PM
We just recycle them.