PDA

View Full Version : What is making you Happy today?

Seitvonzu
04-08-2011, 02:19 PM
DH just sent me an email about the looming federal shutdown.... we are trying to be upbeat about it (despite the security of DHs job we have a nice emergency fund) and view it as "daddy might get a little vacation time"-- but it's a dreary day and i've been in it for 3 weeks with my 3 year old not napping...and ...well, i'm feeling a little worn down....

BUT-- this morning/before lunch time, little miss lu and i painted and punched out wee little butterflies. i sorta controlfreaked on the color choices (only 2 per page) and we both painted together to fill whole pages of water color paper and then i helped lucy punch the pages with a Martha stewart butterfly punch (AWESOMELY GOOD PUNCHER!). her delight when our beautiful (gosh they really were) butterflies would POP out of the puncher was priceless... we put our little herd of butterflies (we must have a 100 from one sheet--red/orange) in a basket and lu kept saying "we need more to fill the basket!"

the plan is to glue dot the butterflies on a sky blue painted canvas..(i saw the idea on a link from ohdeedoh.com...)-- but i think we'll be making a ton to use randomly for "art"

it was a simple thing, and i've been collecting the supplies for a while (and trying to get lu to paint something useable... i know, badbad control mommy) and suddenly- it just came together. it only took me buying watercolors that pop out of the holder..(so i could control the colors)-- but ohohohohohoho!!! it made both Mommy & Lucy so happy today!!!!

so , if you are still with me-- What is making you Happy, right this minute or day? :):):)

tmahanes
04-08-2011, 02:23 PM
B waved bye to me for the first time today when I left for work!

ETA: Ooohh and the fact that I thought I was going to be out in the rain all day and when I got to work one team is practicing in the gym so that is at least 2 hours that I will not be standing in the rain! Yay!!!!!

Indianamom2
04-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Spontaneous hugs from Ds and the way he says "Hi" and "Bye" are just priceless.

Watching DD and Ds play together and run and laugh and make each other happy thrills me!

Knowing that we're going out to dinner tonight after DH's chiropracter appt.

wellyes
04-08-2011, 02:25 PM
DD, heading off to the zoo with her grandmother, said "We're going on a bear hunt. We're gonna catch a big one!!" My literate little girl LOL.

zoestargrove
04-08-2011, 02:26 PM
I had the day off and the WEATHER is beautiful. I enjoyed spending the afternoon outdoors with DS and cleaning up the gardens and getting them ready.

also, this morning I volunteered in DS's kindy class and he ran over and greeted me with a giant hug when I arrived.

zoestargrove
04-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Seitvonzu- I saw that craft idea and fell in love. I hope you post pictures when you are finished. Last year we glued punched out butterflies onto tree branches and put them in a vase. They were beautiful!

cntrymoon2
04-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Watching my 18 mo old DD run to her playroom to get her purse as soon as she woke up so she could put it over her arm and carry it around the house. I never thought I would be so into having a "girly-girl" but I am loving every.single.minute. of it!

Also, we are fostering a rescued mama dog and her seven 5 week old puppies right now, so even though it's a boatload of stress to have 8 dogs in the house, I can't help but get warm fuzzies when I hold the puppies.

daisymommy
04-08-2011, 02:30 PM
The kids are napping, I'm in my sweats all cozied up while it rains outside, I have a tub of multi-flavor hummus and pita chips and my laptop. It doesn't get much better than that!

JoyNChrist
04-08-2011, 02:37 PM
I have Mommy's Night Out tonight with some friends and I have been in the best mood all day long just thinking about it.

And I've been cleaning all day. That doesn't make me happy, but the clean house does. :)

mom2MandC
04-08-2011, 02:37 PM
My (first) baby turns 3 today :-) She is such a blessing!!!!!!

Shannon

DD1 4/08
DD2 1/10

calv
04-08-2011, 02:38 PM
I went to TJ's earlier today and they had ALMOST all of what I wanted. Inlcluding a JUST IN product. They're teeny tiny ice cream cones. 8 of them to be exact. come in vanilla and chocolate. OMGosh, to die for!!! I got 4 boxes, LOL.

The kids are all napping now

The sun is shinning & it's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm eating pita chips w/edamame hummus. SO GOOD!

Seitvonzu
04-08-2011, 02:43 PM
ohohohohohohoh-- that 3 weeks not napping 3 year old----????

She. Is. Asleep.

i didn't want to jinx it when i was writing the post...but i totally went up and checked and SHE IS SLEEPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

zoe-- the branches idea sounds great-- but did you use a big punch? i think we'd need a bigger butterfly punch for that because ours are pretty tiny (the canvas we're putting them on is small, but it will take quite a few to fill it .... i'm sold on the punches though (esp with a michaels 40% coupon)-- they work SO WELL :):)

lu is only 3 and the blogger's kiddo was 5, so i took a little more lead on the project (and was getting really frustrated.) limiting the color choices makes us both happy with the results, but instead of being lu's project completely, it's a mommy/lu project & mommy is okay with that (since we each get to do the parts we like and stay nice and happy!) i got the paint at stubbypencilstudios.com and they are AMAZING. i balked at the price (and the shipping) but i'm glad i took the plunge.

i love the waving, hugging, laughing kiddos and the GOOD weather on days off! oh and daisy-- hummus can be such bliss :) esp when combined with NAPPING kiddos!

sidmand
04-08-2011, 02:45 PM
That DS didn't get sent home from school sick today! He did yesterday and tested positive for strep but the doctor said they had a new protocol and if he took a dose of medicine when we got home yesterday and then this am he could go to school. I was really surprised! As was the school nurse who called this morning. But he made it through the day. If he had seemed sick I would've kept him home...I'll listen to the doc this time. And really hopeful since we're having family over for DD's bday tomorrow!

Seitvonzu
04-08-2011, 02:45 PM
calv-- teeny tiny ice cream cones? like drumsticks but smaller?at tjs? how did we not see these yesterday!??!! my child is pretty big on the teenytiny cone (they sell really small ones ... i think the brand is "joy?") , but preloaded up with icecream would be awesome!!!

Seitvonzu
04-08-2011, 02:48 PM
oh joy-- a clean house is a really nice reward for hardwork! and then you get to go out with friends-- double awesome :) i really get that cleaning can be satisfying-- we were supposed to host our weekly playdate this week, but there were lots of sick kiddos, out of town guests, etc so it just ended up being one friend over... i didn't mind so much because my house got really clean in preparation and stayed pretty much that way :) it was nice!

Seitvonzu
04-08-2011, 02:48 PM
sid- i hope your son is feeling better (sounds like he is ) and you get to have your birthday party without a hitch! happy weekend to you!

Seitvonzu
04-08-2011, 02:51 PM
puppies and a girly girl? that sounds like a "happiness" recipe :) though i wouldn't know what to do with all those puppies... my dad always said about kitties "it's too bad they grow up to be cats!" we weren't a pet family, but i definitely go into a swoon when i see fuzzy baby things-- kitties, puppies, duckies, you know how it is :)

wellyes-- i LOVE it when kids say things like that from books. sometimes i'll hear something like that when i'm out in the world and it just makes me so happy to think about the world that their parents/caregivers must be opening up for them! great job mama! :)

WolfpackMom
04-08-2011, 02:55 PM
I had my annual ob exam today and not even that fun is getting me down because...
Its beautiful outside!
Tonight I am bringing dinner to a friend and meeting her 3rd son which means I get to hold a tiny, squishy, new baby!
Last night we took DS to this little neighborhood ice cream shop and they gave him the tiniest ice cream cone I have ever seen in a miniature cake cup cone and took his picture for their bulleting board of "first cones." It was like 3" tall (cone and ice cream on top) I know, I gave my 14.5 month old ice cream but I dont care, Im loving looking at the picture of him eating it all day. He was thrilled!

Seitvonzu
04-08-2011, 02:59 PM
apparently i can't stop myself from adding to my own thread ;)

all this happy made me remember something that happened this week all over again. it was just the best thing and it really made both lucy and my day---

we were sitting in a chik fil a that is not our typical one (we were on a quest for schleich animals-- some of you might know about that from bargains...). we were eating and i noticed balloons (lu was faced the other way, ours doesn't have them so she wasn't asking or looking) and i told her she could have one after she ate (there were a ton and not too many people). she consented to this very readily and happily ate her food while occasionally being distracted by some kids that were sitting at the table next to our both. suddenly OUT COMES THE CHIK FIL A COW. this was pretty awesome to my child (much to my surprise) and she hugged the cow, shook it's hand, got really excited. i couldn't believe it!

after the cow left, there was a run on balloons...so much so that they were all gone and i said to lu "we'll have to go up and ask about the balloons...the y might be out." she took this ok, but when the lady who refreshes drinks came by lucy unmistakeably directed a comment to her "you could get more balloons!" *sigh*

i sorta laughed it off when the woman said "as if i don't have enough to do!" with a knowing look to me... i told lu again that we'd just go ask about a balloon and it was not a big deal because there is always another time.

meanwhile, the sweet little girl with the pretty curly hair (my child is obsessed with curly hair so that's not incidental to our experience) that was sitting near us came over and said "Would you like my balloon?"

My instantly said "Yes!" and took the balloon. after reminding her to say thank you, i asked the little girl if she was sure with a look to her mother. She couldn't have been more than 4 years old. it was the sweetest thing. the mother assured me it was fine (and while i can't be sure, i'm pretty certain that it was 100% the little girls idea to give up her balloon).

lucy and i were smiling everytime we thought about that silly balloon. it still is making me smile 4 days later :)

Seitvonzu
04-08-2011, 03:04 PM
wolfpackmom-- those first ice cream memories are priceless! you made if further than we did....my child had a SERIOUS love of ice cream as soon as we gave it to her. it's amazing the goodwill icecream places gain giving those tiny cones away :)

isn't it amazing how the good weather affects us? have fun with the squishy baby-- you're a good friend to take dinner over!

cindys
04-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Happy that we are getting closer to moving to a new home, in 2mos I hope...

Happy that we evicted our dead beat tenant and will have the house ready to be on the market to rent all in less than a week....

Just happy that I have such a great DH and kids and that the baby thinks I am the greatest thing
since sliced bread :love-retry:

And I need to add that it makes me VERY happy that DH is doing what he loves again because business is picking up and this means he can quit his night job soon...He is a Real Estate Appraiser...

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...19, 5 & 2 :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

blue
04-08-2011, 03:25 PM
I am enjoying reading all the replies!

What makes me happy about today? It's my SO's day off today (works overnights) and I actually get to see him AND spend time with him this afternoon and evening :heartbeat: (plus get some help with DS too :p)

infomama
04-08-2011, 03:27 PM
That is is going to be so warm this weekend I can open all the windows and I have the weekend off to boot!

LarsMal
04-08-2011, 03:38 PM
I am sitting in Panera with my Nook while the kids are playing quietly in the corner. I had a broccoli cheddar bread bowl, which was so warm and yummy on this dreary day. Very happy!

Corie
04-08-2011, 03:42 PM
I am in such a great mood today because:

1. My daughter loved her hair that we had rolled in sponge
curlers last night. She woke up and we immediately took out
the rollers. She had super nice big curls.

2. My son and I went to McDonald's for lunch with a neighbor
friend and her two girls. We stayed for 2 hours! The kids played and
we got to talk/hang-out. It was awesome!

3. On the way home, we stopped at another friend's house
to buy some of her local eggs. While there, DS got to play
with her daughter. (They are in the same kindergarten class.)
The two of them were running around her huge yard trying to round up the baby chicks. DS even got to gather some eggs from the chicken
coop. He is STILL talking about it!

4. The weather is beautiful.

5. This evening, my daughter and I are going to a Girls Night
Out event for Girl Scouts. Should be fun!

What a fun day!! :)

KpbS
04-08-2011, 03:47 PM
DH just sent me an email about the looming federal shutdown.... we are trying to be upbeat about it (despite the security of DHs job we have a nice emergency fund) and view it as "daddy might get a little vacation time"-- but it's a dreary day and i've been in it for 3 weeks with my 3 year old not napping...and ...well, i'm feeling a little worn down....

BUT-- this morning/before lunch time, little miss lu and i painted and punched out wee little butterflies. i sorta controlfreaked on the color choices (only 2 per page) and we both painted together to fill whole pages of water color paper and then i helped lucy punch the pages with a Martha stewart butterfly punch (AWESOMELY GOOD PUNCHER!). her delight when our beautiful (gosh they really were) butterflies would POP out of the puncher was priceless... we put our little herd of butterflies (we must have a 100 from one sheet--red/orange) in a basket and lu kept saying "we need more to fill the basket!"

the plan is to glue dot the butterflies on a sky blue painted canvas..(i saw the idea on a link from ohdeedoh.com...)-- but i think we'll be making a ton to use randomly for "art"

it was a simple thing, and i've been collecting the supplies for a while (and trying to get lu to paint something useable... i know, badbad control mommy) and suddenly- it just came together. it only took me buying watercolors that pop out of the holder..(so i could control the colors)-- but ohohohohohoho!!! it made both Mommy & Lucy so happy today!!!!

so , if you are still with me-- What is making you Happy, right this minute or day? :):):)

That's my friend's blog post! Such a cool project :)
I can't wait to do it some day.

We've got mostly sun here today and WARM temperatures. DD is going to sleep so much better this week(!) and better at night too. Yippee!

g-mama
04-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Running into my oldest ds' teacher in the cafeteria today and having her tell me that he shared a poem he wrote in class so good that it gave her chills and brought a tear to her eye.

That my oldest son's football practice is canceled due to rain b/c I really did not want to go.

That I just woke up from a one hour nap with my youngest ds. I put the TV on in my bedroom and curled up under the covers. Within ten minutes, he crawled in next to me and curled up. I turned off the TV and we both dozed off. Bliss. :love-retry:

Seitvonzu
04-08-2011, 04:10 PM
Kirsten-- please tell your friend that i love her project! we are getting such pretty results :)

i'm really enjoying seeing everyone's "happy" -- i too am looking forward to throwing our windows open to the warm air this weekend!

Seitvonzu
04-08-2011, 04:12 PM
corie-- FUN DAY!!!!! lu is obsessed with curls, so i'm sure she would heartily approve of the curls. when my mother was here two weeks ago she put lu's hair in sponge rollers. i couldn't believe my three year old slept all night in those things!!!! her hair looked ADORABLE -- i'd love to see a picture of your gorgeous DD's hair :)

g-mama-- so cool about the poem :) and i love the cozy nap with the 5 year old... must have been napping day :)

boolady
04-08-2011, 04:17 PM
1. The work week is almost done. This week has been a killer.

2. DD is going to spend the weekend with my sister, which was part of her Christmas present from my sis...weekend in the city, trip to the Natural History Museum, ice cream, making homemade pasta, park, etc.
Wait...maybe I want to live with my sister for the weekend!
DD is so incredibly pumped up about it I cannot tell you.

3. As a result of DD going to spend the weekend with my sister, DH and I will actually have all day tomorrow and some of Sunday to ourselves. We haven't had a date of any sort or even a few hours of adult time in months. I will miss DD, but she will be having a great time.

4. See #1.

sidmand
04-08-2011, 04:18 PM
This also made me happy...just picked up these cupcakes for DD. She is obsessed with Timmy Time and these are the most adorable Timmy cupcakes!

And thank you for the well wishes for DS.

Seitvonzu
04-08-2011, 04:21 PM
boolady-- what a great gift-- can i send lucy with them? :):):) seriously, have some great adult time-- sounds like a good reward for a hard week!

Seitvonzu
04-08-2011, 04:22 PM
sid-- seriously those cupcakes are ADORABLE? holy cuteness! :)happyhappy birthday to your daughter :)

boolady
04-08-2011, 04:24 PM
boolady-- what a great gift-- can i send lucy with them? :):):) seriously, have some great adult time-- sounds like a good reward for a hard week!

I'm sure my sister would be good with it, but DD might have a hard time sharing the undivided attention she's been planning on! ;)

Cam&Clay
04-08-2011, 04:24 PM
I had my follow up with the surgeon today and he discharged me. After 2 months of being so sick, today I feel more like me that I have in a long time.

Seitvonzu
04-08-2011, 04:27 PM
susan- that's wonderful news! you must be on cloud nine!

blue
04-08-2011, 04:35 PM
This also made me happy...just picked up these cupcakes for DD. She is obsessed with Timmy Time and these are the most adorable Timmy cupcakes!

Those cupcakes :jammin:. Love them!

boolady
04-08-2011, 04:35 PM

And thank you for the well wishes for DS.

They are adorable! Did you see all of the Timmy Time toys at Target?

sidmand
04-08-2011, 05:07 PM
They are adorable! Did you see all of the Timmy Time toys at Target?

I went to three different Targets and never found anything Timmy Time. :( That's okay though. She probably has enough stuff!

MamaMolly
04-08-2011, 05:13 PM
I've been feeling down about my family flaking on me for Dolly's first birthday, DH's lingering illness, the general lingering of the ILs...but mostly really sad that we can't celebrate Dolly's first birthday the way I really wanted to.

Now for the good part!! DH asked me yesterday what I wanted to give Dolly, and he suggested that he and I go to Tiffany's and pick her out a charm bracelet. :heartbeat: And that every year we can add a special charm to it, and when she's grown up she'll have such a neat gift. I have to say that it was so sweet, so sentimental!!!!!!

Then, knowing how I love to bake the birthday cakes but also that we were going to have to buy this year, he suggested we get one from Whole Foods so at least I would feel better about buying one. So we choose a beautiful cake and matching cupcake for the smash cake.

Today I felt like DH really *got* me, and that he was trying really hard to be thoughtful.

Seitvonzu
04-08-2011, 05:54 PM
mamamolly- that's so sweet that your DH is really trying to make dolly's birthday special for you (and her). i have the hardest time at the WF bakery--they have such pretty cakes! (they had these mini tiered ones the last time we were there-- so cute and SO yum...we picked one and the three of us split it :)

the real estate news (sorry i can't remember who posted that) is great too...it's so great when DHs love their jobs!

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
04-08-2011, 06:13 PM
I am happy that my husband has taken us bumper bowling for the last two fridays. He used to be a very good bowler, today he scored a 60 with the bumpers and actually fell down once in the lane. And he is truly HAPPY that he can still even hold the ball.

happymom
04-08-2011, 06:19 PM
I am happy that my husband has taken us bumper bowling for the last two fridays. He used to be a very good bowler, today he scored a 60 with the bumpers and actually fell down once in the lane. And he is truly HAPPY that he can still even hold the ball.

:hug: That is absolutely wonderful to hear. Now I'm even happier than before!

I'm happy that I got through a challenging week that I have been anticipating for a while, and things went better than expected.

dec756
04-08-2011, 07:30 PM
i got a J.O.B!!!!!!! wow i have not worked since i was 5 months pregnant so i am a little bitter but none the less happy! i will be a gymbo teacher :applause:

Seitvonzu
04-08-2011, 09:19 PM
These have been making me so happy! chunkynick's-- i can only guess at your story, but it sounds like something to be really happy about :)

and a NEW job dec? that's so fun! i would love that job!

infomama
04-08-2011, 09:27 PM
If anyone else is inspired to do the butterfly mural (as I am) check your Michaels....the MS monarch punch is on sale for $11 something down from $16. Add a 40% off coupon on that and it's a steal! Thanks for the inspiration....this is going to be an amazing project!!

Seitvonzu
04-08-2011, 09:48 PM
the monarch punch is so pretty! but i'm pretty sure you can't use a 40% coupon on something that is already on sale :( (it's only for regular priced stuff?)

i actually am using the smaller butterfly punch and i think it's a good size for the smaller canvas.... i DID use a 40% off coupon and i think the regular price was 9.99 so, 6 dollars. i am contemplating a bigger punch for the tree branch idea zoe mentioned....

sidmand
04-08-2011, 09:56 PM

That's wonderful! :) I remember your story and many of the stories about your DH (for some reason the discarded bras and duct tape have always stuck [hah, pun] with me).

infomama
04-08-2011, 09:57 PM
the monarch punch is so pretty! but i'm pretty sure you can't use a 40% coupon on something that is already on sale :( (it's only for regular priced stuff?)

i actually am using the smaller butterfly punch and i think it's a good size for the smaller canvas.... i DID use a 40% off coupon and i think the regular price was 9.99 so, 6 dollars. i am contemplating a bigger punch for the tree branch idea zoe mentioned....
Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to see the punch in person I suppose.

maestramommy
04-08-2011, 10:00 PM
The weather has been so great the last couple of days the kids have been able to play outside after dinner. The last two days we took Shep outside and put him on a tie in lead. Dora showed me that she's finally getting the hang of her balance bike, and Arwyn has graduated to Dora's trike. They keep zooming around and around on our driveway, and I'm thrilled:D

MamaMolly
04-08-2011, 10:04 PM

:applause: Happy times, guys!

m448
04-08-2011, 10:04 PM
awww those cupcakes look great!

Thanks for the butterfly idea. I'm thinking of trying something with the kids in a similar vein but making a mobile. Alas my kids are older so I've had to let the control issues go but the bonus is they now do the project mostly on their own (the older boys) and I get to sit back and enjoy me time. LOL

Now what's making me happy? I'm eating B&J One Cheesecake Brownie and will be knitting in a while. Today hubby took the day off so we could head to the beach with the kids on one of the most beautiful spring days in our area and we found this hole in the wall place with the most delicious hamburger I've had pretty much ever.

To top it all off we had a local photog take our family pics yesterday at the local museum of art's grounds and I'm giddy to think of the proofs. I take all our pics but finally pics with momma in them! Oh and she got an amazing one of me and the hubs alone.

MamaMolly
04-08-2011, 10:06 PM
i got a J.O.B!!!!!!! wow i have not worked since i was 5 months pregnant so i am a little bitter but none the less happy! i will be a gymbo teacher :applause:

:popc1: what discounte at Gymbo stores do you get?!?!?!?!?!?!

♥ms.pacman♥
04-08-2011, 10:06 PM
i am happy that my DS (not yet 15mo) is already acting like such a great big brother to his baby sister, who has only been home with us for a week. today as i was changing my DD and she was screaming i asked DS to hand me a pacifier (that was in her crib) and he went to the crib, got up on his tippy toes, reached in between the slats and got it and brought it to me. :love-retry: same thing for when i was nursing DD and i asked him to hand me a burp cloth bc she had spit up. but the sweetest is when DD Is crying and DS spontaneously goes and gets a blanket, toy, or one of his straw cups and tries to give it to her in an effort to calm her down. so sweet. :love2:

cleo27
04-08-2011, 10:07 PM
So happy to have had an awesome yoga class this afternoon! :)

elliput
04-08-2011, 11:44 PM
I installed a new light fixture in the kitchen. It is beautiful and supplies much more illumination than the old fixture. This is definitely making me happy.

ThreeofUs
04-09-2011, 12:58 AM
This thread is making me happy!

DH took my hand this morning and offered me a trip, by myself, to the Coast. "Hon, you haven't been out of the house without the kids for six years. You need some time - just let me know and I'll rearrange my schedule so you can take it." So very nice of him!

DS2 has learned to really kiss, has been kissing me all the time today, while saying, "I love you very much mommy". Oh, my heart just MELTS.

I feel really, really lucky.

Tammy
04-09-2011, 01:05 AM
Happy that it's finally Friday and this was my first week back at work. I'm so ready to spend the weekend catching up on my snuggle time with DD2.

elektra
04-09-2011, 04:56 AM
Today has been great! I am on the beautiful island oh Oahu. I went horseback riding today, and then out to dinner with my beautiful, hardworking coworkers and friends. I am happy to have such a nice break from my usual hectic schedule. It is so relaxing here.

Seitvonzu
04-09-2011, 09:38 AM
new light fixtures! weekend snuggles! supportive dh's that "get it"! REAL love kisses! Horsebackriding in Hawaii????

very very happy all around :) i'm happy to come back to the happy this morning and see more :)

goldenpig
04-09-2011, 04:04 PM
I have a lot to be happy about!

Financially this month we're hanging on by the skin of our teeth, but I think we're going to make it! I submitted a bunch of work receipts for reimbursement and got a big check. And I really slashed our spending and returned a bunch of stuff lying around the house. Now we have enough to cover the big property tax bill AND pay off the credit card this month (I was worried we'd have to carry a balance). If we can make it through this month things are going to be OK. I'm so relieved we aren't going to have to try to sell this house right now, because I really like living here.

DH is being really sweet. Yesterday he made a whole dinner for us--orange glazed ham, mashed yams, green beans, and dairy-free cheesecake. Yum! And he has lost 15 lb and has been sticking with his diet and exercise. He looks great! And I am making an effort to spend more time with just the two of us together.

The kids are so cute. DD likes to write little cards for us: "To Mome", "To Dade", "To Babe". DS crawls up and smiles and says, "Hi Dada, hi mama!" Last night the two of them were just cracking up because they were simultaneously blowing raspberries on my stomach. And they can't stop hugging each other. So sweet.

I am so lucky!

ChefGirl
04-09-2011, 04:07 PM
My son and daughter had their first sleep-over last night. Both of them ended up at their friends' (sibling) house. I couldn't sleep last night thinking about DD if she's going to freak out at night. BUT, nothing happened and they had an awesome time. The boys went to bed earlier than the girls. They chatted till 10 supposedly. :-)

Tondi G
04-09-2011, 04:08 PM
well I am feeling like garbage... caught DS1 cold/cough. But DS2 was invited to a mini golf birthday party and DS1 was included as well, so my DH took them both and left me home to rest. I am happy to have some quiet time for me and for my boys to all have some time together... outside and having fun!

brittone2
04-09-2011, 05:12 PM
DS1 played his first little league baseball game today. He did great, had a blast, and the coaches seem awesomely encouraging and enthusiastic. :yay: DS1 was the type of kid I never thought would want to join an organized team...he wanted to play this year, has been loving it, and the coaches have really loved how hard he works and how well he listens to instruction. He's so friendly with his teammates, and it really just makes me smile to see him growing up, thriving, and having a blast :love-retry:

DS2 is getting over roseola followed by croup (fun week!) but seems to have just taken off all of the sudden...new words, walking everywhere all of the time, imitating all kinds of fun tricks, etc. And oh how I *LOVE* slobbery, open-mouthed baby kisses :love-retry: He was "singing" in the car today with the music mama was rockin' out to on the way home from the game and it was cracking me up. He dances to the beat of anything...the washing machine swishing, the dishwasher running, music, someone singing. So cute.

DD is just a hoot in general and her spirit and spunk are fun.

I just had two beers with DH, and got a chance to kick back and talk with him while the older kids were playing at our neighbors' house.

Loving the weather today and an awesome and warm forecast ahead, which means we'll be heading to the park this week a good bit as part of our HSing ;)

Beth24
04-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Reading this thread and feeling warm and fuzzy knowing you all had these lovely happy moments!

twowhat?
04-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Been meaning to reply to this. I am happy that I'm starting to LOVE having twins! I feel horrible for saying this, but having twins has been so hard and stressful that I don't feel that I've really enjoyed it until recently. Now they do and say the cutest things, and look out for each other - I LOVE IT!!