PDA

View Full Version : Iggy Pop on American Idol...what was your impression?

Indianamom2
04-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Honestly, if you put Iggy Pop in a line-up of musicians, I could not have picked him out if my life depended on....nor could I have named a single song he sang.

But honestly, after watching him "perform" last night....YUCK! What a strange weird guy. I honestly thought that he might be ill at one point during the song, where he layed down on one side of the stage for a while.

What in the world was that? Do people actually pay to see that?

I mean, he made Steven Tyler look downright normal!

KpbS
04-08-2011, 03:08 PM
ICK!!! I recognized him right away but can't say it made me want to watch. I hit FF pretty quickly and felt sorry for the judges close-up experience!

daisymommy
04-08-2011, 03:12 PM
THAT was Iggy Pop?! I had no idea! I thought he was a drugged joke! I kept asking DH "Is he for real? Is this a joke? Who is this guy?!"

star04
04-08-2011, 03:12 PM
EWWWWie.

Puddy73
04-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Yuck, I thought he was weird. I can only imagine what all the 12yo Stefano fans were thinking.

Pinky
04-08-2011, 09:25 PM
I thought... WEIRD!

ilfaith
04-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Wild? Perhaps. But it's been about a half century since Iggy Pop was a "Child"

karstmama
04-09-2011, 01:29 PM
you *do* know one of his songs, if you've seen cruise commercials. 'lust for life' is his.

DietCokeLover
04-09-2011, 01:52 PM
No one wants to watch a half clothed senior citizen dance around on a stage. I thought it was awful.

TwinFoxes
04-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Wild? Perhaps. But it's been about a half century since Iggy Pop was a "Child"

Bwah ha! Very funny. I'm not sure why they thought Iggy Pop was a good fit. Especially because they had to beep out a lot of his performance. Clearly the producers were none to happy, did you notice there was no post-performance interview with Ryan? And that the show ran short by about that amount of time (resulting in the imropmptu, "hey Pia, why not sing"?)

"Lust for Life" is widely reported to be about heroin, I'm sure the cruise line hopes people forget that fun fact!