PDA

View Full Version : Who is watching American Idol? (spoilers)

Globetrotter
04-08-2011, 05:53 PM
I am really impressed with the talent this year! I can't think of anyone who is terrible, unlike every previous season!

My faves are James (and yes, reminds me of Adam L, but I feel bad that he is constantly compared to him), Jacob (what a voice!), Casey and Scotty (I'm not a big country fan, but I think he is really good and sweet as can be!).

Somehow the girls haven't excited me this year. Pia was very very good (can't believe last night's episode!) but just another diva with a great voice, IMO. I think she will go far, regardless. I think the guys have more personality. Paul McDonald has a nice voice, but every time I see him I'm reminded of the lower talker episode (Seinfeld).

LarsMal
04-08-2011, 06:06 PM
I'm really liking the new vibe on Idol this season. I think Steven Tyler is a little too nice, but the more positive spin on things is refreshing. I think J Lo is beautiful, and I love tuning in to see what she's done with her hair/makeup/style for the night.

I think the guys are definitely better than the girls. Pia was good, but I agree, just another diva with a good voice. She sounded good, but she didn't wow me. James is growing on me. I didn't like him during auditions, but he is consistently a great live performer. Sometimes it doesn't even sound like he's singing live. I like Paul. I like the quirkiness and his unique voice.

Jacob drives me insane. I like Stefano, when Stefano is on his game! The girls that are left- meh- I can do without 'em.

Scotty reminds me of Jim Bob Duggar. It kind of creeps me out!

crayonblue
04-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Love Steven Tyler on the show. He's just fun to watch.

Pia was very, very good but maybe a bit boring? Paul is quirky but I personally don't enjoy his voice. Jacob can belt them out but too many runs and stuff.

PP, that's funny that the country boy reminds you of Jim Bob Duggar! He reminds me of George W. Bush!

I actually like Scotty. He's funny and seems really nice.

cindys
04-08-2011, 07:13 PM
I like Scotty, Lauren and James...

Not too thrilled with the rest and cant stomach Jacob :barf:

Love Aerosmith but Steven Tyler is a little peervy to me on the show.

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...19, 5 & 2 :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

Twoboos
04-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Is Scotty the 15yo kid with the really really deep voice?

He reminds me of Alfred E. Newman from Mad Magazine. I cannot stop thinking about it when I see him.

I am only half watching. :)

Globetrotter
04-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Scotty is TOTALLY Alfred E. Neuman :p Sweet kid..

I, too, like the positive vibe. LOVE J. Lo and I think she can give good advice without being mean and I agree with PP that she is easy on the eyes. Randy hasn't changed and Steve Tyler adds some fun to the mix, but I don't think he is a good critic. There have a few times when I wondered, What Would Simon Say! I have no idea what a run is, or anything like that :) so I wish they would be a little more critical, or maybe they really ARE that good this season! For whatever reason, they chose well.

I will be watching Simon's X Factor when it begins in the Fall, and there is also The Voice, where the judges only hear the voice without seeing the person behind it (at least during judging - not sure exactly how it works).