PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Swift Concert - 6 y.o.

ChefGirl
04-09-2011, 12:25 PM
do you think 6 y.o. Kinder girls are too young for TS concert?

ETA: On a Saturday night at a baseball field venue.

PMJ
04-09-2011, 02:05 PM
My first thought is Yes, but I'm not much of a concert person - esp for a 6 yr old. Unless it's Disney or Elmo!

Green_Tea
04-09-2011, 02:19 PM
I think it totally depends on the 6 year old. My six year old (1st grader, September birthday) would do great, but she's pretty mature and has an older sister that she does a lot of slightly "older kid" stuff with. There's no way I could bring DD1 (8) to a TS concert and NOT bring the 6 year old. All holy heck would break loose ;).

shawnandangel
04-09-2011, 02:22 PM
I would take her. Taylor Swift has maintained a wholesome image and is appropriate for young children. On the other hand, I would never allow my child to see Miley Cyrus at this point.

infomama
04-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Depends on the venue and night of the week.

If it was outside (open air amphitheater/fair, etc.) and on a non school night...absolutely.

ChefGirl
04-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Yeah, it'll be on a saturday night like 6 months from now.....also, what kind of seats should I get? I mean, they are 6 so not super tall...this is at a indoor baseball field venue....there is floor seats on the field and there is your normal 100 level, 200 level... the lower the number the closer to the stage....If I get floor seats, they'll be so short that they have to stand on the seats....I have no experience in taking kids to a concert.. first time for everything!

infomama
04-09-2011, 08:00 PM
I wouldn't buy floor/field seats. Check the seating chart and try to get seats near the front (first row is best) of a section.

Pinky
04-09-2011, 08:21 PM
I would definitely take her if she is a big fan! I agree with a pp about TS keeping a mostly wholesome image. (though I always question that song about "the mattress" and what little kids think that is about)

I also wouldn't get floor tickets because you don't want them to have to stand in chairs... although, the stage will likely be elevated so that might not be a concern. The biggest problem is that people in front of you will be standing through a good portion of the show which makes it difficult to see for little ones.

I would personally get seats in part of the stadium seating, but as close as you can get to the stage. Also, keep in mind that the tickets sell out in just a couple minutes for most shows. If you sign up for her fan club (it's free) the will send you a presale code the day before the show so you can buy tickets ahead of time, but even with the code you have to really be on the ball to get tickets.

Good luck! The show is going to be so much fun, I'm sure.

jenmcadams
04-09-2011, 08:32 PM
I posted a similar thread last week about my 8 year old. For us, the issue was her show here is on a school night :( We decided not to get tickets, but were lucky that we will be visiting MN during a week when she's performing there in June, so we're going to pay through the nose for tix on stubhub and her grandma is going to take her :)

Definitely try to get a presale code...even with that, you're not guaranteed seats...

ChefGirl
04-10-2011, 01:50 PM
Well, just got 5 tix and parking....aint' cheap either.....wish I could get closer to the field...but, it's 200 level baseball stadium third row....wish it was the first row....DD will be so excited.

ecofem
04-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Somewhat off-topic... but just wanted to let you all know that Taylor Swift is awesome!

My sister lives in Nashville.. is 37 and fighting breast cancer. She was out walking around a lake at a city park right after one of her radiation treatments late last year. (She had just finished up chemo and had no hair at the time). Well, she passes by this tall girl out walking with headphones on and a rather big guy following somewhat close behind. She thinks to herself... "she looks just like Taylor Swift"... and talks herself into stopping the tall girl if she passes by again. Well, when she met up with the tall girl on the other side of the lake, my sister stops the girl and it is Taylor Swift.

Well, apparently Taylor stayed and talked to my sister for about 1/2 an hour and had her body guard take a photograph of her and my sis and e-mailed it to her the next day. My sister's little girls are big Taylor fans and they were pumped about this!

Just wanted to share - she's apparently as sweet and cool as you might think from her public image!