PDA

View Full Version : tru return, no receipt??

dec756
04-09-2011, 12:46 PM
i want to return this little tikes swing but i lost receipt and paid cash...can i get a store credit?? thanks!!

Melaine
04-09-2011, 01:46 PM
No...they are very strict about it at my store anyway.

momtoonegirl
04-09-2011, 02:12 PM
If you are a rewards r us member and used your card for the purchase, they may be able to look up the purchase and issue a refund. Otherwise they will not accept a return without a receipt.

momm
04-09-2011, 02:45 PM
i want to return this little tikes swing but i lost receipt and paid cash...can i get a store credit?? thanks!!

My BRU takes anything back as long as it's sold at the chain. No problems with receipts ever

mommylamb
04-09-2011, 02:48 PM
My BRU takes anything back as long as it's sold at the chain. No problems with receipts ever

Wow, my BRU is nothing like that at all. I once went in wanting to exchange something for another size. Tags still on it, and it was koala kids (TRU brand that isn't sold anywhere else). They wouldn't even let me exchange it for the next size up even though there was no doubt at all that it was purchased at TRU. Let me tell you, buy buy baby and Amazon made an awful lot of money off of me after that day because BRU/TRU lost a customer for good.

KpbS
04-09-2011, 02:53 PM
At my store, if you paid by credit card they can look up the receipt if you bring in the card. If not, you can get store credit when returning a new, unused item.

Melaine
04-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Wow, my BRU is nothing like that at all. I once went in wanting to exchange something for another size. Tags still on it, and it was koala kids (TRU brand that isn't sold anywhere else). They wouldn't even let me exchange it for the next size up even though there was no doubt at all that it was purchased at TRU. Let me tell you, buy buy baby and Amazon made an awful lot of money off of me after that day because BRU/TRU lost a customer for good.

Ditto. They made a HUGE deal when the "corporate policy" changed that they would no longer take back anything without a receipt, period. I think looking stuff up on your credit card is the same as a receipt though. I don't shop there very often because of this policy.

momm
04-09-2011, 03:22 PM

Hmmm that's insane, how different store policies are, from branch to branch. I had a whole bagful (about 6-7) of baby shower items, that I did not want - with no receipts and they were not from my registry either
She took them all back, looked up the lowest selling price on them, and put the amount on a gift card for me.

Weird.

ETA - so OP, I guess you could try it? No harm in trying the return.