PDA

View Full Version : Self tanners

C&C's mom
04-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Recommend your self tanners. My legs haven't seen sun in 2 summers. Help!

AshleyAnn
04-10-2011, 01:41 PM
I used l'oreal's gelee product a few years ago and it worked well but it did stain my hands very badly.

SnuggleBuggles
04-10-2011, 01:53 PM
I didn't have good luck. I think I used a Jergens one. It looked good but I hadn't primed the area well enough and it started coming off. So, be sure and really buff and stuff first!

Beth

Mommy_Again
04-10-2011, 03:57 PM
I've had the best luck with the ones that are part moisturizer, part tanner - basically a tinted moisturizer for the body, but they last a few days. They are the most natural looking and much easier to get an even glow. The results aren't as dramatic as a straight-up self-tanner, but better looking IMO.

I forget what brand I used in the past - maybe Jergens? Vasoline? Plenty of options at the drugstore.

g-mama
04-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Jergens Natural Glow - part moisturizer/part tanner - works well for me. Smell is not too strong and the color is more subtle, but will build up with more applications. The best part about that is that it's less likely that I will make an obvious mistake, which I have had happen in the past.

DietCokeLover
04-10-2011, 04:37 PM
It's so hard to find one that doesn't leave you stinking to high heaven! Can't stand that smell.

NancyJ_redo
04-10-2011, 10:17 PM
I've tried practically all of them it seems and my favorite by far is Banana Boat Sunless Summer. The only problem is I can't find it in any local stores, so I always buy it online at Drugstore.com http://www.drugstore.com/search/search_results.asp?N=0&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&srchtree=1&Ntt=Banana+Boat+Sunless+Summer+Color&N=4294936307.

babyonway
04-10-2011, 10:47 PM
It's so hard to find one that doesn't leave you stinking to high heaven! Can't stand that smell.

:yeahthat:

I really cannot take the smell. If I use the stuff at night I literally get NO sleep and during the day the smell makes me pretty sick and I feel like everyone around me can smell me. I still use it (and lose sleep when I do :wink2:) but the smell is awful!

icunurse
04-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Jergen's Natural Glow. Hard to mess up. Doesn't smell great, though. I always loofah my knees, ankles and feet before applying otherwise even with my best efforts, the color can turn out a tad darker there.

bubbaray
04-10-2011, 11:27 PM
I like the L'oreal spray one (sublime bronze, we had a recent thread on self tanners in the past week or so). I also like the Pur Minerals Get a Little. It doesn't smell as bad.

wendibird22
04-11-2011, 08:26 AM
My coworkers swear by Sally Hansen spray on. I haven't tried it yet myself but both of them said it gives a nice bronzing hue without being orange.

http://www.amazon.com/Sally-Hansen-Airbrush-Legs-Glow/dp/B000T6BJ7I

g-mama
04-11-2011, 09:53 AM
:yeahthat:

I really cannot take the smell. If I use the stuff at night I literally get NO sleep and during the day the smell makes me pretty sick and I feel like everyone around me can smell me. I still use it (and lose sleep when I do :wink2:) but the smell is awful!

Ahhhh....the price of beauty. That is funny. And I feel the same way!

Whenever my dh crawls into the bed on a night I've used it, he groans, rolls away from me and tells me he likes my pale self just fine. :rotflmao: